Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was 9/11 an inside job?
9/11 was an inside job planned by the Bush/Cheney Administration as a false flag mission to justify war. 66 31.58%
9/11 may not have been an "inside job", however the Bush/Cheney Administration knew about it beforehand and did nothing to prevent it. 50 23.92%
9/11 was planned and executed by Al Queda, the Bush/Cheney Administration had no part & prior knowledge of it; how dare you question our Government! 93 44.50%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:30 PM

88,682 posts, read 85,015,124 times

Advertisements

^Not going to address that post in its entirety, but this sentence:

Silverstein took out a 99 year insurance policy the month prior to the attacks.

or some similar version of it referring to the insurance pops up a lot amongst the truther set. I often wonder if people who point this out are simply ignorant/naive or if they are hoping that everyone else is.

What world do people live in wherein a lease of that size and complexity would NOT require replacement insurance for the asset? Silverstein entered into a 99-year lease, so yes, of course there's no question whatsoever that he would have to have the proper insurances in place before the lease was executed. He was also required to rebuild the site in the event of its destruction (by anything, natural or manmade).

I just find it very curious that people harp on the insurance thing. Anyone with the most cursory interest in the rebuilding of the WTC site knows that Silverstein most certainly did not make an insurance profit. The cost of rebuilding far exceeds the insurance payout. He had to turn over responsibility and a portion of the insurance money to the PA for rebuilding One WTC years ago. He cannot finish Three WTC because he cannot get anyone to guarantee his financing because he can't prove that he can fill the building and make it profitable. He's not poor or anything, lol, not by a long shot, but he is well past 80 and will likely die before all four towers can be built.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 PM

157 posts, read 228,690 times
i dont think it was an inside job, but someth is off, and they covering someth up
those towers couldnt possibly collapse only from the planes hitting them, to fall like that the foundation had to be compromised, whether controlled demolition or other bombs or whateva else
even if jet fuel burned through upper floors, it woudnt damage the foundation so they wouldnt fall like that

Old 08-04-2013, 09:00 AM

108 posts, read 210,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Everyone has their own opinion of what happened that day, and it's each and every person's individual right to believe whatever they want. I personally feel it was an inside job. I was a bright-eyed design student in her freshman year of college that day, eating breakfast at my boyfriend's place and about to go to class. We heard a yelling sound from his upstair neighbor's apartment I remember. He said he felt something wasn't right. I agreed, and we turned on the TV. What we saw at that moment changed our lives forever, just like every other American. I remember the initial seconds I was watching the events unfold. I asked him if it was a movie. It's strange the defense mechanisms our minds have.

I spent years watching 9/11 conspiracy films. Some of them were garbage but others like the internet sensation Loose Change explained the events to me in ways that made perfect and horrifying sense. The buildings went down by controlled demolition, this is fact. Several Noble Prize-winning physicists and scholars have confirmed this. The jet fuel was used as an initial starting impact to shake key points in the foundation. Does anyone find this shocking after what happened in '93? Really?

Building 7 was obviously also a controlled demolition. There was about $180 billion (value at the time) in gold taken from underneath. Journalists were not allowed to investigate. Many have said they could not get close because, quite simply, they would have been shot on site. No one, to this very day, knows where in God's name that gold went. I can only imagine what it must be worth now.

Many defense contractors also made a fortune off of the following events of that day. Some of my family members included (distant relatives, not immediate). Silverstein took out a 99 year insurance policy the month prior to the attacks. My anthropology professor at the time said she grew up by him and was his neighbor. She said she wasn't surprised and wouldn't put it past him. There were people informed about what was to occur, and it becomes glaringly obvious the more and more you look into it.

I never trusted my government, but after that day I can say I no longer wave the American flag. Not when people sit by and allow their political bodies to sabotage them, kill their own people for profit. I went into a deep depression for months after that. I didn't want to believe men were capable of such horrid manipulation on a grand scale for power and profit, under the guise of religious extremism. I really started feeling like the whole country was f*cked. Still do.

The truth is that the 'terrorists' aren't who you think they were, exactly. Al Qaeda definitely does exist, and definitely does have large numbers of members who'd love to kill us all at dawn. But this group was a joke, small change compared to the people who manipulated them. They were used as pawns in a much bigger game. The real terrorists are in our very own CIA, the Bush Family, and their connected members. Which was why it was so important that Bush won the election. Stole it, actually. If they were able to steal a presidential election what makes you think they didn't have the power it took? Anyone who likes Bush Sr. or W. can eat sh*t and die as far as I'm concerned. They are a criminal enterprise and I cringe when I look at their whole bas*ard family.
"Being a patriot is loving your country ALL OF THE TIME, and the government only when they deserve it."

Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,041,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor&Dangerous View Post
i dont think it was an inside job, but someth is off, and they covering someth up
those towers couldnt possibly collapse only from the planes hitting them, to fall like that the foundation had to be compromised, whether controlled demolition or other bombs or whateva else
even if jet fuel burned through upper floors, it woudnt damage the foundation so they wouldnt fall like
that
They fell from the point of impact.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:00 AM

244 posts, read 665,121 times
Here is something people overlook :

The plane that "crashed" in a field in Pennsylvania (although no debris was visible) was probably meant for Building 7.

Building 7 fell like a controlled demolition. But no plane hit it.
That is why they "pulled" the building down later at 4:30 pm, . . trying to avoid getting to much attention.

Here is Larry Silverstein himself saying "pull it", and "we watched the building collapse" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p34XrI2Fm6I

Old 08-04-2013, 02:20 PM

255 posts, read 476,401 times
Did they ever find those Black Boxes from 175 and 11? I mean, if they could find an ID belonging to one of the "terrorists" that somehow was not incinerated from the explosion, then they should have found the Black Boxes. Those things are suppossed to be nearly indestructible.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInQueens View Post

The plane that "crashed" in a field in Pennsylvania (although no debris was visible) was probably meant for Building 7.

That is why they "pulled" the building down later at 4:30 pm, . . trying to avoid getting too much attention.

Here is Larry Silverstein himself saying "pull it", and "we watched the building collapse" :

Well, hell, then those pilots were worse than we thought. Flight 93 took off from Newark, 10 miles from the WTC, but was still headed west hundreds of miles from New York when it went down.

Why on earth would anyone target the Solomon Brothers building? Most of you didn't even know it existed, and it there are many more buildings that are taller and more significant in NYC than that one.

We ALL watched the building collapse, didn't we? On live television. And the cameras were trained on it for a couple of hours with the newscasters telling us over and over that it had been abandoned and was expected to collapse. How did that avoid getting too much attention?

The "pull it" schtick is played out. Nobody believes that means controlled demolition. Larry Silverstein has no say over what FDNY does.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-04-2013 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTA1992 View Post
Did they ever find those Black Boxes from 175 and 11? I mean, if they could find an ID belonging to one of the "terrorists" that somehow was not incinerated from the explosion, then they should have found the Black Boxes. Those things are suppossed to be nearly indestructible.
Nothing's indestructible, and black boxes have been found too damaged to access info from many times in regular crashes. But I also always thought it was unusual that they didn't find even the remains of one. Perhaps because they went through two major methods of destruction--the initial crash and explosion, and then the crushing collapse. I don't know.

The finding of the passport is irrelevant. Thousands of IDs, photographs, and other documents survived the actual collapse, while the passport and all those jillions of papers from the impact areas were flying through the air and landing on the streets after the impact before the collapse. The rhyme and reason of what "should have" survived and what did actually survive does not fit what people would think based on their own logic and guesswork. A frequent-flyer card of one of the passengers was found in the debris near the hipbone of the woman who owned it--nothing else of her was recovered. Desks and chairs (and maybe black boxes) were crushed to nothing by concrete pressing down on them, yet they gave us access to a website with 8000 photos found in the debris so that we could claim them if we could identify them. Things don't fall into place as neatly as we imagine they would.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:40 PM

573 posts, read 1,463,562 times
2nd option without a doubt. Funny thing is the US government used to be real tight with the Bin Laden family. Actually the US ain't stop supporting them until 9/11. Sibel Edmonds pretty much sumed it up...

Old 08-04-2013, 06:07 PM

18,483 posts, read 31,684,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInQueens View Post

That is why they "pulled" the building down later at 4:30 pm, . . trying to avoid getting to much attention.

WTC 7 was my whole problem also. I don't know much about taking down a building, but to me, logically...we had 2 towers fall, chaos all over, yet they were able to pull down number 7?

Doesn't it take a while to place the dynamite or whatever they use, a while before the building comes down. They claim 7 was on fire in the basement, how did the fire get all the way down there from 1 & 2....made no sense.....and if the basement is burning, how did they have time to place the explosives to take the building down and how did they get them to the building so fast?

The whole WTC just didn't sit right with me. It was as if they wanted the whole complex to vanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies