Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,398,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Is she a white Hispanic?
She's Puerto Rican...so the media will probably label her a Swedish Jew.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Personally, I'm very torn overall on this case. I can't make up my mind. With that said, this was quite interesting to say the least. Juror says she owes Martin's parents apology - Houston Chronicle

Keep in mind she is Puerto Rican, not black. Thoughts?
She's a black Puerto Rican.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:14 PM

7,492 posts, read 6,276,099 times
She probably got a call from jesse jackson or some such.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:14 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,814,354 times
What was it she said when they polled the jury?

Old 07-25-2013, 05:15 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,220,638 times
That juror said the actions of Zimmerman and Martin both led to the teenager's fatal shooting, but that Zimmerman didn't actually break the law.

- All you need to read here.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:15 PM

27,176 posts, read 15,359,752 times
Sounds like "feelings" to me.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:18 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,215,188 times
Quote:
Personally, I'm very torn overall on this case. I can't make up my mind. With that said, this was quite interesting to say the least. Juror says she owes Martin's parents apology - Houston Chronicle

she said there was not enough EVIDENCE to convict
you know, what the trials are about!!
I think she will be making some $$$
on this
lets see how quick she gets booked on MSNBC
and maybe a book if people are dumb enough to buy it
frankly I could care less about this it is old news

Old 07-25-2013, 05:19 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,074,296 times
Quote:

Uh, Puerto Ricans can be black.

Anyway, the very fact that people can't make up their minds is why Zimmerman was found not guilty. It has to be beyond a reasonable not, not that "well, it's more likely that he did do than he didn't do it."

Old 07-25-2013, 05:19 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,215,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
What was it she said when they polled the jury?

hahaha
good point
this is about $$$
she just wants to cash in like the rest of these scabs

Old 07-25-2013, 05:24 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,475,388 times
Quote:

If she's a feminist and liberal, if she is, then my thoughts are she's a hypocrite.

If a woman (physically = to a man to feminists, therefore they ought join infantry ranks) was being physically attacked Trayvon Martin, where the woman was on her back and on the ground, Trayvon straddled over her, and the woman shot Trayvon she likely would not regard it as murder, but a common sense approach to a "monster."

Any man--even though women are the physical equals or physically stronger, tougher, than men according to feminists--is a monster if he punches a woman in the face asking him where he's going.

We all know women 9 times out of 10 are not the physical equal of men. We know this. That's why we have to problem with women shooting men that are punching them in the face as the man has her grounded.

We assume this is just "boys being boys" when a big guy like Trayvon attacks a grown man like Zimmerman. But not all men are physically equal to one another.

Even some male feminist on this site have said many woman can easily whoop their butts from one street corner to the next, therefore, women ought be given infantry positions to get the chance to riddle foreign teenage boys bodies with bullets. American heroes.

In my view Zimmerman was morally wrong for following Trayvon and essentially provoking the whole incident. And I don't blame Trayvon for punching Zimmerman, nor do I blame Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon. Had Trayvon punched Zimmerman and Zimmerman crawled up into a ball or was beaten unconscious then I would say tactically Trayvon's response proved successful, that is right for his objectives. But given he was shot and died I can only concluded his choice, his response, proved not to be the best one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies