Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:15 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,824,393 times

Advertisements

I especially loved the part where she claimed Jesus was the founder of Christianity, when it was actually Peter.

Zealots indeed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 05:17 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Exactly. A man who would write a book like that, would not get any air time, wouldnt get talked about by all sort of big name media outlets. Hell, this negative book on Jesus is getting play everywhere. Ive seen it on sites that focus mostly on tech. Because it is a negative take on Jesus and Christianity to a degree, liberals and atheists everywhere fall over themselves promoting it.
What does he say that's negative about Jesus?

Old 07-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
"Reza Aslan, a religious scholar with a Ph.D. in the sociology of religions from the University of California and author of the new book, “Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth,” went on FoxNews.com’s online show Spirited Debate to promote his book only to be prodded about why a Muslim would write a historical book about Jesus."

Watch the video. It seemed like all the interviewer was concerned with is why a Muslim is interested in the founder of Christianity.

Is This The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done
honestly, the guy comes off as a A-hole.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:28 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,821,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
And as far as your bs about hating women and rights and yada yada, you're full of it and you know it.
Really? It's not the christian right that is leading the charge with their hate and big government attacks against what I stated? Do tell

Old 07-28-2013, 05:31 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
"I'm an expert with a phd in religious studies."
"But youre a muslim."
"Yes but this is a scholarly examination of..."
"MUSLIM!!!!"

Why do people watch this garbage?
From the comments I've read here I'd say your talking to the wind, since it seems like no one is defending the idiot who did interview

Old 07-28-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
honestly, the guy comes off as a A-hole.
Then I guess that makes him wrong.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,159,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
"I'm an expert with a phd in religious studies."
"But youre a muslim."
"Yes but this is a scholarly examination of..."
"MUSLIM!!!!"

Why do people watch this garbage?
A question I ask myself and those around me every time I'm trapped in a waiting room or lobby with the television tuned in to this crap. Last week it was The View at the clinic.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:43 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Absolutely. In the brainwashed right wing mind, being a "good christian" means to:

Hate gays
Hate women
Hate minorities
Hate women's rights
Hate all other religions (especially islam)
Vote republican

Lies and more lies. Christians are not taught to hate at all, they are taught that we are all children of God, and that we are all imperfect. They are also taught free will. You don't force any of your beliefs on them, and they won't force theirs on you. Sounds fair to me.
You are saying that there are no women Christians, no minority or democrat Christians! You have no clue what you are talking about. You are flaming!

This is about a biased interview by Fox, stick to the topic.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
A question I ask myself and those around me every time I'm trapped in a waiting room or lobby with the television tuned in to this crap. Last week it was The View at the clinic.
I work at a car dealership. Our customer lounge TV's are permanently on Fox News.

Its depressing.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Lies and more lies. Christians are not taught to hate at all, they are taught that we are all children of God, and that we are all imperfect. They are also taught free will. You don't force any of your beliefs on them, and they won't force theirs on you. Sounds fair to me.
You are saying that there are no women Christians, no minority or democrat Christians! You have no clue what you are talking about. You are flaming!

This is about a biased interview by Fox, stick to the topic.
To be fair, all religions promote xenophobia, through one smokescreen or another.
Youre assuming that people dont ever go against their own interests. If that were true the modern GOP wouldnt exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies