Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:46 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,592,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Then I guess that makes him wrong.
No, it doesnt, but you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 05:48 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,524,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Most people who claim the Bible as a guide have read little to nothing of it. Almost without exception, the people the most well-versed in it are non-believers.
I wouldn't say I'm a non believer, but I certainly do not take it literally, which, among other mistakes, most "christians" do.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:49 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,825,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, it doesnt, but you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
So? This author gets an interview to discuss his book, and he has to grovel to this ignorant talling head and defend not only his intelligence, but his religious faith.

Honey be damned.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Having a sub-90 IQ seems to be a prerequisite for being a news anchor/babe these days.
can you give us the name of one contributor to Fox or any other network show that has an IQ of 90, 100 or even 110? and base this on not your narrow minded, liberal view, but on fact. Of course you can not. Most of the contributors have advanced degrees which one does not get with an IQ of even 100.

BTW, bad or good interview, I found the guy a pompous, arrogant jerk..!!!I also found the interviewer a little shallow..

Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,161,385 times
Quote:
I work at a car dealership. Our customer lounge TV's are permanently on Fox News.

Its depressing.
It's not as mind-numbingly stupid as The View. Whoopi isn't actually stupid. She has a brain. But she isn't smart enough for me to care about what she thinks on the issues of the day. The others are dumber than a house cat and none of them are remotely funny. At least with Fox News you can chuckle at a lot of this stuff.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
can you give us the name of one contributor to Fox or any other network show that has an IQ of 90, 100 or even 110? and base this on not your narrow minded, liberal view, but on fact. Of course you can not. Most of the contributors have advanced degrees which one does not get with an IQ of even 100.

BTW, bad or good interview, I found the guy a pompous, arrogant jerk..!!!
Krauthammer, George Will, Glenn Greenwald, Rachel Maddow, Paul Gigot, Paul Krugman...there are many. Do you understand the difference between news anchors and contributors?

Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,578,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Read an excerpt from 'Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth' | Fox News

Today, I can confidently say that two decades of rigorous academic research into the origins of Christianity has made me a more genuinely committed disciple of Jesus of Nazareth than I ever was of Jesus Christ. My hope with this book is to spread the good news of the Jesus of history with the same fervor that I once applied to spreading the story of the Christ.

From his book........he's talking more about the life of Jesus from Nazareth, not sure how people see he's putting Jesus down. Sad to think Christians would attack him, rather than see he walked away and came back to his love for Jesus.
I agree. This sounds like a fascinating book, for those with an open mind. Others that just want their beliefs confirmed, may want to pass on this.

“In Zealot, Reza Aslan doesn't just synthesize research and reimagine a lost world, though he does those things very well. He does for religious history what Bertolt Brecht did for playwriting. Aslan rips Jesus out of all the contexts we thought he belonged in and holds him forth as someone entirely new. This is Jesus as a passionate Jew, a violent revolutionary, a fanatical ideologue, an odd and scary and extraordinarily interesting man.”—Judith Shulevitz, author of The Sabbath World
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth: Reza Aslan: 9781400069224: Amazon.com: Books

Old 07-28-2013, 06:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Krauthammer, George Will, Glenn Greenwald, Rachel Maddow, Paul Gigot, Paul Krugman...there are many. Do you understand the difference between news anchors and contributors?
you are saying they have IQs below 110? Can you give us your source, other than your narrow minded opinion. I don't don't like anything P. Krugman has to say but he isn't stupid: Krauthammer is a Doctor before he was paralyzed, Rachel Maddow is very educated, George Will, have you looked up his bio? and yes, I know a lot more about the media than you may realize: my husband spent 30 years as part of it, thank you!!!

Old 07-28-2013, 06:01 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,578,558 times
Quote:
To be fair, all religions promote xenophobia, through one smokescreen or another.
Youre assuming that people dont ever go against their own interests. If that were true the modern GOP wouldnt exist.
huh?

Old 07-28-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are saying they have IQs below 110? Can you give us your source, other than your narrow minded opinion. I don't don't like anything P. Krugman has to say but he isn't stupid: Krauthammer is a Doctor before he was paralyzed, Rachel Maddow is very educated, George Will, have you looked up his bio? and yes, I know a lot more about the media than you may realize: my husband spent 30 years as part of it, thank you!!!
You asked me to give you names of contributors "that has an IQ of 90, 100 or even 110." I did that. You need to think more carefully as you write and then review it before you press "submit."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies