Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Can't watch the video where I am now, however don't understand the degree of buzz related to this interview. Back when I was a cable news junkie, I remember Lauren Green being the religion correspondent, or whatever, for FOX. In the title of his book, the man does call Jesus a zealot. Would that not be a tad offensive for some? I dunno, but perhaps that's where she's coming from. If an author called their book Zealot: The Life and Times of Mohammed, they would probably be in hiding or dead.
I don't think anyone would call Mohammed a zealot.
Well if someone called Mohammed a zealot in the way that Aslan is calling Jesus a zealot that would be *quite* a claim:

Zealot:
" a member of a radical, warlike, ardently patriotic group of Jews in Judea, particularly prominent from a.d. 69 to 81, advocating the violent overthrow of Roman rule and vigorously resisting the efforts of the Romans and their supporters to heathenize the Jews."
Zealot | Define Zealot at Dictionary.com

Who knew Mohammed was a Jew!!! Someone call Fox!!!

Quote:
This seems like a non story to me, of course I don't have an agenda.
Should probably watch the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 02:40 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The replay of this interview propelled the book to #1 at Amazon.com.
It actually looks damn interesting.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:57 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
The Bible is the LIVING WORD OF GOD that scholars who are not born of the spirit will never understand. They for one speak without the spirit of the word which it was written. The natural man can not define the Bible and come with any real meaning of the word.

To study the Bible with the natural mind without the Holy Spirit will never be able to find the true meaning or truth. It is above scholars who are not born of the spirit. It is fruitless.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Bible is the LIVING WORD OF GOD that scholars who are not born of the spirit will never understand. They for one speak without the spirit of the word which it was written. The natural man can not define the Bible and come with any real meaning of the word.

To study the Bible with the natural mind without the Holy Spirit will never be able to find the true meaning or truth. It is above scholars who are not born of the spirit. It is fruitless.
Absolute blaspheme!! What you have just said goes against the very spirit of Jesus Christ. What you have just said suggests that the Word cannot stir the hearts of non-believers. What you have just said is that Christ did not die for the sins of all.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:14 PM

331 posts, read 254,036 times
Quote:

Old 07-31-2013, 10:46 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I wish one of the "Christians" who are all about this FOX interview would fess up and tell who told them this book is bashing Jesus and Christianity. It had to be a mass email and I'm just curious about the origins. That and who told the herd to go spam Amazon.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:17 AM

717 posts, read 648,319 times
Quote:

Rot, otherwise no person could be convicted of sin by reading the Bible.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:55 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Can't watch the video where I am now, however don't understand the degree of buzz related to this interview. Back when I was a cable news junkie, I remember Lauren Green being the religion correspondent, or whatever, for FOX. In the title of his book, the man does call Jesus a zealot. Would that not be a tad offensive for some? I dunno, but perhaps that's where she's coming from. If an author called their book Zealot: The Life and Times of Mohammed, they would probably be in hiding or dead. This seems like a non story to me, of course I don't have an agenda.
Hmmm...good points. Has some obscure baptist minister issued a fatwah on this guy and thus made international headlines? Lol, has an emassy been sacked because of his book? Anyone beheaded yet? No? Hmmmm...

Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
This ass is nothing but a foul mouthed rabblerouser with an agenda. He is a Muslim hack.

‘S**t for Brains’: Muslim ‘Zealot’ Author Reza Aslan Has a History of Nasty, Profanity-Laced Online Behavior (and There’s a Glenn Beck Twist) | TheBlaze.com

Old 08-01-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Stop the presses!!!! Man uses common swear words on twitter!!!! The new Muslim tactic to destroy the Christian world!!!!!!

Why don't you try reading the book rather than articles from The Blaze?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies