Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:21 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Bush wasn't a good president, but his lack of character should not excuse Obama's flagrant disregard for integrity. But, carry on with the Bush bashing. I realize that Obama's minions need those comparisons to make their hero look good.
The thread's about al Qaeda. Al Qaeda was determined to be responsible for attacks on the US and Bush ignored that while pursuing his pre 9/11 war plans. How does Bush NOT making our attackers a priority have anything to do with Obama?

Whine all you want about Obama, he's certainly no gem. But the utter failure to launch a timely, zealous pursuit of those who attacked us and the aftermath of that failure lies squarely on Bush's shoulders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 06:22 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well it was. Sadaam wasnt' going to trade oil in euros. Mission accomplished.
You and your trade oil for Euros nonsense.

Lipstick on a pig bullshyt. Our troops commenced to getting slaughtered right AFTER he mouthed off with that Mission Accomplished foolishness.

Nevermind 4500 U.S. troops dead over nothing...it's only important that Saddam can't sell oil for Euros.

Brilliant.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:27 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The thread's about al Qaeda. Al Qaeda was determined to be responsible for attacks on the US and Bush ignored that while pursuing his pre 9/11 war plans. How does Bush NOT making our attackers a priority have anything to do with Obama?

Whine all you want about Obama, he's certainly no gem. But the utter failure to launch a timely, zealous pursuit of those who attacked us and the aftermath of that failure lies squarely on Bush's shoulders.
We don't disagree on the fact that Bush's priorities were in the wrong place, you know. Actually, we're probably closer to agreement on that fact than you realize. My only point is that I'm tired of people using the actions of Bush to excuse Obama's ineptness. I don't care if you're conservative, liberal, or moderate, but when you can't honestly discuss Obama's short-comings without a "Bush did this, though" comment you are displaying a gross lack of objectivity and honesty.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Stating that they are 'defeated and decimated' is quite different than saying 'al qaeda is on a path to defeat'.

So, Obama did not say that al qaeda is 'defeated and decimated'.

Why, no, he didn't say that.......................

Old 08-01-2013, 06:46 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Stating that they are 'defeated and decimated' is quite different than saying 'al qaeda is on a path to defeat'.

So, Obama did not say that al qaeda is 'defeated and decimated'.

Why, no, he didn't say that.......................

I agree.

However, I guess unemployed people have nothing better to do with their time than make up stuff. I wish I could post, on one forum only (for you know they post elsewhere), tens of thousands of times in just two or three years.

Actually, when I retire, I will probably rarely visit here.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
The RWNJs should be happy that the US is near a deal with Karsi to keep troops in Afghanistan for a long time. Hey, spend more lives and money for no purpose, why not huh? I mean, are they seriously thinking about this?

http://www.rferl.org/content/US_Pres...s/1868916.html

Old 08-01-2013, 07:02 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Why yes he did say that.............

Obama: Al Qaeda is on 'a path to defeat'; calls for resetting terror policy - Washington Times

Of course in true Obama form he was just lying again. Probably thinks AQ is a new burger joint that his loyal workers need their pay raised to make things all fair.

"(Reuters) - Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri slammed U.S. treatment of hunger striking inmates at Guantanamo Bay and said the group would spare no effort to free them, according to an audio recording posted on the Internet on Wednesday. Zawahri also said Shi'ite Hezbollah's intervention in the conflict in Syria was an attempt to promote Iranian hegemony over the country.
"The (hunger) strike by our brothers at Guantanamo unmasks the true ugly face of (the United States of) America," Zawahri said in an audio recording posted on an Islamist website and whose authenticity could not be verified.
"We pledge to God that we will spare no effort to free all our prisoners, on top of whom are Omar Abdel Rahman, Aafia Siddiqui, Khaled Sheikh Mohammed and every oppressed Muslim everywhere ...," he added, referring to prominent Islamist militants held by the United States.
He did not elaborate on what al Qaeda intended to do, but militants have in the past kidnapped Westerners and sought to trade them for jailed comrades.
Al Qaeda has also claimed responsibility for simultaneous raids on two Iraqi prisons last week in which they said more than 500 inmates had been set free. And in Pakistan, Taliban broke 250 prisoners out of a jail on Tuesday."

Zawahri vows al Qaeda to free Guantanamo inmates | Reuters

Meanwhile our own government appears convinced that WE, the citizens, are the real threat to the country.
AQ miraculously reformed just in time to attack Benghazi.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:19 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The sad part is we spent 100's of billions and fought and trained the Iraqi's and they could not secure a prison and now have 500 Al Qaeda on the loose. Oh well just another example of why we should mind our own business and take care of our house.
Do people know the state of Iraq today? Do people know how the US contributed to the state it is in today? Pre-war studies showed that there were no direct links to Saddam Hussein and Al-Qaeda. There was no Al-Qaeda presence in Iraq pre-war, no acts of terrorism as we know them - suicide bombings, car bombings - prior to US invasion. The US didn't care how Saddam Hussein treated the people of Iraq pre-war.

Today suicide bombings, car bombings are an everyday occurrence. There is tremendous poverty, civil unrest between Sunni and Sh.ite, more oppression towards women. This is all under the "government" that the US helped to establish in Iraq. I watched a documentary, narrated by Christiane Amanpour on Iraq as it is today. Read the papers about the bombings taking place and killing innocent people every day. How's Libya working out? Do you think Afghanistan is going to be an American success story? The only reason the US went into Afghanistan - with permission from Afghanistan - was to find OBL. Look how that has turned out so far. The future is very predictable.

About 176 children in Pakistan have been killed by US drone strikes. Almost 4,700 innocent people have been killed by drone strikes outside war zones. Just how different is the US from those we call terrorists when we are killing thousands of innocent people?

How did Egypt turn out? Egyptians don't want any involvement from the US government in establishing itself, threw out Ann Patterson (who just might still be nominated by Obama as the Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs) yet Obama is sending two senators to get involved. Both of them Republicans. What's the problem, he doesn't have any democrats to send over to clean up his mess? And should they succeed, Obama will declare himself a hero.

The US opened a Pandora's box when it went into Iraq.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
We don't disagree on the fact that Bush's priorities were in the wrong place, you know. Actually, we're probably closer to agreement on that fact than you realize. My only point is that I'm tired of people using the actions of Bush to excuse Obama's ineptness. I don't care if you're conservative, liberal, or moderate, but when you can't honestly discuss Obama's short-comings without a "Bush did this, though" comment you are displaying a gross lack of objectivity and honesty.
Like I said, the thread's about al Qaeda and I believe our failure to decimate it began when it wasn't made priority #1.

Even though I voted for him I've never said I thought Obama was anything but another political hack, I simply don't believe either major party nominates anything but political hacks for POTUS. Just because I viewed and still view him as the lesser evil, it still makes him evil none the less.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:44 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Obama only said that to get reelected. That's how he rolls. Lie to the people to get votes because it is ALL about him and his Destructive agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies