Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,043,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course finding/eliminating those responsible for attacking us never was the mission when it should have been, eh? And now we continue to pay the price. But keep your eyes closed to reality, you'll sleep better.
Look at gitmo. You know the place that keep the folks that did that very thing that you folks want to set free for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You and your trade oil for Euros nonsense.

Lipstick on a pig bullshyt. Our troops commenced to getting slaughtered right AFTER he mouthed off with that Mission Accomplished foolishness.

Nevermind 4500 U.S. troops dead over nothing...it's only important that Saddam can't sell oil for Euros.

Brilliant.
You can thank Turkey for that. We should have carpet bombed em at the time IMO.

As for the oil "nonsense" see Libya as Obama did exactly the same thing there. That was justified tough since it was Obama to many.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Do people know the state of Iraq today? Do people know how the US contributed to the state it is in today? Pre-war studies showed that there were no direct links to Saddam Hussein and Al-Qaeda. There was no Al-Qaeda presence in Iraq pre-war, no acts of terrorism as we know them - suicide bombings, car bombings - prior to US invasion. The US didn't care how Saddam Hussein treated the people of Iraq pre-war.

Today suicide bombings, car bombings are an everyday occurrence. There is tremendous poverty, civil unrest between Sunni and Sh.ite, more oppression towards women. This is all under the "government" that the US helped to establish in Iraq. I watched a documentary, narrated by Christiane Amanpour on Iraq as it is today. Read the papers about the bombings taking place and killing innocent people every day. How's Libya working out? Do you think Afghanistan is going to be an American success story? The only reason the US went into Afghanistan - with permission from Afghanistan - was to find OBL. Look how that has turned out so far. The future is very predictable.

About 176 children in Pakistan have been killed by US drone strikes. Almost 4,700 innocent people have been killed by drone strikes outside war zones. Just how different is the US from those we call terrorists when we are killing thousands of innocent people?

How did Egypt turn out? Egyptians don't want any involvement from the US government in establishing itself, threw out Ann Patterson (who just might still be nominated by Obama as the Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs) yet Obama is sending two senators to get involved. Both of them Republicans. What's the problem, he doesn't have any democrats to send over to clean up his mess? And should they succeed, Obama will declare himself a hero.

The US opened a Pandora's box when it went into Iraq.
I always forget that Iraq was a paradise to liberals prior to to us taking out sadaam. I believe many still think folks were dancing and prancing around flying kites with their dear leader sadaam.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Ah, key words..."I thought Obama said......"

These words are what most people utter after listening to an Obama speech.

Obama intentioanlly misleads his audience to allow him wiggle room when pressed for why he did the opposite of what he said.

This master of the language who measures his sentences and calculates the meaning of words does so to befuddle and confuse and never be held accountable.
Obama has been playing AQ killer for a while now.............

Obama Has Touted Al Qaeda

Old 08-01-2013, 10:32 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,793,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I always forget that Iraq was a paradise to liberals prior to to us taking out sadaam. I believe many still think folks were dancing and prancing around flying kites with their dear leader sadaam.
Once again, a post with no substance, just another opportunity to refer to Obama as "dear leader". What?? No reference to "useful idiots"??? Are you saving that for your next fart post?

Old 08-01-2013, 10:33 AM

Apparently you are out of defenses for the great ONE as if there were any to begin with. Carry on.............or should I say FORWARD.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:34 AM

29,624 posts, read 16,607,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
+10 points for the deflection

/sarcasm
This OP itself is a deflection.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM

Well if you had read the OP you would see that AQ isn't some moot point that the great leader thinks they are. Or he's just lying again. You folks all bought into it hook, line and sinker just like Obama knew you would though and now can do nothing but cry about Bush when reality is offered up for you to look at.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,793,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Look at gitmo. You know the place that keep the folks that did that very thing that you folks want to set free for some reason.
How do you know what each person being held in gitmo did, seeing as how they haven't been charged with anything. Did you somehow figure out what each one did? How about giving specifics as to what each one did since you have decided that they are ALL guilty??

I'm not defending them, but I'm just curious as to how you know what they did.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 AM

I never said I know what each person did. I said that some guys involved in 911 where there. I was of course right like usual................

"GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba - Five Guantanamo Bay prisoners accused of helping orchestrate the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks are due back in court as the U.S. government tries to push the long-stalled case forward.The men are to face a judge Monday for the start of five days of pretrial hearings. A judge is considering a long list of procedural issues that include whether the defense can have access to confidential records of the International Committee of the Red Cross."

7NEWS - 9/11 terror attack suspects due in court at Guantanamo Bay Monday - U.S. & World Story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies