Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 06:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

1. Many are still unemployed

2. Many struggling to survive working at part-time jobs

3. Crappy Economy

4. Many living in Poverty

But this fool is going to go on TV and smile on a late night comedy show. What the hell is wrong with him?

Obama to Appear On Jay Leno Aug. 6 | Variety
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 06:32 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Hippest killah and thief evva!

Old 08-06-2013, 06:34 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
he's above it all. this is why he's taken so seriously. he is very well respected, and is considered a very intelligent man. I hope my sarcasm has been detected.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
1. You're always going to have unemployed. This is mostly to due with the fact that a lot of our viable jobs have been shipped overseas.

2. This has been going on since Nixon. The only reason we had a "good economy" before 2008 was due to construction and the spinoff job creation it generated. Construction can only last so long, just ask Spain. So, having the low unemployment rate that we did back then was an illusion.

3. Since Nixon

4. Since forever, yet the amount of people living in poverty has decreased dramatically since LBJ started the War on Poverty.

Care to vent more fauxtrage? Look, I'm all for a viable economic recovery and Obama isn't doing half of what he could right now within his power, but blaming this sorely on Obama is being childish and naive.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
1. You're always going to have unemployed. This is mostly to due with the fact that a lot of our viable jobs have been shipped overseas.

2. This has been going on since Nixon. The only reason we had a "good economy" before 2008 was due to construction and the spinoff job creation it generated. Construction can only last so long, just ask Spain. So, having the low unemployment rate that we did back then was an illusion.

3. Since Nixon

4. Since forever, yet the amount of people living in poverty has decreased dramatically since LBJ started the War on Poverty.

Care to vent more fauxtrage? Look, I'm all for a viable economic recovery and Obama isn't doing half of what he could right now within his power, but blaming this sorely on Obama is being childish and naive.

As the president of the U.S., I think it's very tacky to be on TV smiling and joking while so many are looking for work

Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post

3. Crappy Economy

But this fool is going to go on TV and smile on a late night comedy show. What the hell is wrong with him?

I suppose he should cover his head in ashes, wear sackcloth, and flog himself in public instead.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

3. Since Nixon

I don't think anyone blamed just obama. we're criticizing for going on late night television like a moron.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
As the president of the U.S., I think it's very tacky to be on TV smiling and joking while so many are looking for work
And? I don't see what the issue is. Is it because he's a (black) Democrat president that you're having a poutrage? When Bush was making a fool of himself on live TV, there was nowhere near the amount of fake outrage that you guys in the right-wing outer darkness display with Obama

Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
What do you expect from the campaigner in chief? Maybe King Obama will mock and belittle special needs kids again tonight. Let me know because I won't be watching King Obama make a fool out of himself again tonight.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:11 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:

3. Crappy Economy

Sorry, I don't see the connection. By your logic a president can't accept a TV appearance as long as there are any problems. Why? Is the President supposed to wear sack cloth and sit in ashes as long as there are unemployed, under-employed, a weak economy and poverty?

What I think is that the OP never liked Obama and is one of those that whines about anything and everything he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies