Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:58 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Nixon clip - trying to be cool with a popular pop phrase...pitiful. What would be impressive would be Obama going to a gang ridden black neighborhood ....a surprise visit - and bring a minimum security team and a video camera - and sit down with hopeless gang bangers and talk about future plans to lift poor blacks out of that black hole of violence and brutality...I would watch that because it would be CONSTRUCTIVE.....ignoring your duty and appearing on a mainstream WHITE talk show is not constructive...it is destructive...The man does not get it...Great leaders get their hands dirty.

I will give an example - Peter the Great of old Russia knew that his nation was not prospering - He knew they needed to begin more intense trade and commerce with other nations...They had no shipping industry to speak of - because they had no ships. He secretly traveled to other nations and observed ship building....

THEN he returned home and launched a plan to bring Russia into the modern era and start building ships.

It was said that this king...would put on the clothes of a laborer - and quietly go to work in the ship yards so he could get a hands on experience and understand the industry - thus improving and advancing it.

Most Russians did not have a clue what their leader looked like so Peter The Great would mix in and get his hands dirty- Obama had better learn how do get down and dirty...but he can't because he is superficial and all about ego and status...no different than some chump who is all about the bling bling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:00 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Who was that guy who starred in "Bedtime for Bonzo?"
Was he a sitting president?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:03 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
And he proved last night that without a teleprompter he sounds like a mumbling and stuttering idiot
So the show aired last night hugh. The only reason he sounds like a mumbling idiot is because he is phony and should try to be himself...I would say that Obama has no real confidence...He can't relax and be himself because even he knows that he is a simple common guy who is in over his head.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:16 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Most right-wingers on here are bothered with it because he's a Democrat. A few of those people I mentioned are bothered even more on the basis that he is black as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And you've made the same comment 5-6 times in 30 posts.
When all you have is the race card, what fo you expect.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If "A Comedian In the White House" is a precedent, then Obama has set it.

I don't recall JFK's WH press conferences being referred to as "Comedy Hour".
Don't think there were many RWNJs then. There were some, but not with Network and Internet mouthpieces.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:33 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
When all you have is the race card, what fo you expect.
There is no doubt a small handful of posters on here doubly hate Obama because he is black. I'm not naming names on who I suspect they are, but they do exist, even if I can count them with one hand

Old 08-07-2013, 07:36 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Watching The rerun of Two and a Half men was much better than watching the Comedian in Charge.

It's NBC, the Obama Channel.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There is no doubt a small handful of posters on here doubly hate Obama because he is black. I'm not naming names on who I suspect they are, but they do exist, even if I can count them with one hand
Maybe they hate the fact he was voted in by many simply BECAUSE he was black. Yes, there are extreme bigots in this country...from all walks of life. But do you have an issue with people being bigoted against low information voters?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Who was that guy who starred in "Bedtime for Bonzo?"
It was an actor named Ronald Reagan who later went on to become President. Watching the libs reach on this one is pretty darn funny.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 AM

519 posts, read 1,023,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
1. Many are still unemployed

2. Many struggling to survive working at part-time jobs

3. Crappy Economy

4. Many living in Poverty

But this fool is going to go on TV and smile on a late night comedy show. What the hell is wrong with him?

Obama to Appear On Jay Leno Aug. 6 | Variety

Nonsense complaint. Presidents should only be seen on television in Utopia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies