Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 12:01 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,197 times

Advertisements

Florida is just one big cesspool at the end of the day.. Hanging chads, skittles, public school in trailers, sharp grass, constant heat, bugs all over the place. The warm weather makes people soft and brings out the undesirables. Give me winter, spring, and fall...you can keep Florida and the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 12:39 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Uh, no. The problem with this thread is that it's apples and oranges. It has no parallel to the GZ case at all. The kids were caught on camera beating up the other kid. Odds are they'll plead out.

uh, yes. the circumstances that you mentioned - the suspect[s] being arrested and charged - are EXACTLY the same. yet again, no wails of 'dead horse!!!!' nor sappy gifs from you in that instance, only in this one.

extremely telling, but not unexpected

Quote:
Local news picked it up. Not everything winds up on national news, but then you knew that.
where did i ever even mention anything about national vs. local news? are you feeling ok?

Quote:
But HC et. al will just keep on punching that poor dead equine, completely oblivious to the fact that the two have nothing in common.

What exactly to you guys google to find all this crap?
'you guys'? google?

wtf are you talking about?

are you claiming this story was so well hidden that it required much detective work via google to even know about it in the first place?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
uh, yes. the circumstances that you mentioned - the suspect[s] being arrested and charged - are EXACTLY the same. yet again, no wails of 'dead horse!!!!'

No, it's not, and you know it. You're smart enough to figure out why.

where did i ever even mention anything about national vs. local news? are you feeling ok?

You said nobody's talking about it, well, they are, a lot, in the state where it happened.

'you guys'? google?

wtf are you talking about?

The repetative threads with a lame nonexistante parallel to Travyvon Martin. Again, you're smart enough to figure that out.

are you claiming this story was so well hidden that it required much detective work via google to even know about it in the first place?

No, I'm asserting that folks want to connect the dots where none exist.
Play the denial game all you want, UB, but I see thread after thread about Black (fill in the blank) kills white (fill in the blank) why is nobody outraged, or talking about it? There is no similarity to TV/GZ the circumstances are entirely different.

If the perpetrators are acquitted, then come back with genuine outrage. This fake **** is getting old.

Clear enough?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:42 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,342,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You have it backwards. There was no arrest Because the SPD Was doing their job right. Investigating until there was sufficient evidence to charge gz with a crime. It was After the political and social pressure that the persecutors decided to do the job wrong and indict a man without evidence to convict.

This case looks like a simple snitches get broken arms case to me. But what the heck, those who don't think the 3 beaters would have beaten a black snitch, maybe they're right.
No, I do not have it backwards. The SPD chose to not investigate Trayvon Martin's death.
Quote:
Feb. 26, 2012 – At about 7:17 pm George Zimmerman shoots Trayvon Martin as the 17-year-old is walking back from a convenience store in Sanford, Fla., Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, had called 911 about the "suspicious teen" and allegedly followed him. He immediately told police he shot Martin in self-defense after a scuffle. He is taken into custody but released that night. No charges are filed. timeline of trayvon martin case
And no investigation was initiated.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:57 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
No, I do not have it backwards. The SPD chose to not investigate Trayvon Martin's death. And no investigation was initiated.
That so-called timeline by ABC skips from the night of the shooting, 2/26, to March 8. SPD interrogated gz 4 or 5 times, did his reenactment, interviewed witnesses, sent evidence to the FBI and FDLE for analysis. That's what's known as an investigation. They were still investigating when the pressure became too much for the politicos to handle.

I know Sybrina, Tracy, you, and many others wanted gz arrested and prosecuted the night of the killing, even without evidence.

BTW, Matt Gutman, author of the 'timeline,' is the reporter Ben Crump invited to the room with him when Crump interviewed Rachel on the phone. Gutman is a key member of ABC's branch of Team Martin.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:52 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
No! Assault is assault!!! PERIOD!!!! Enforce the God damned laws that you have, and stop trying to make new ones! JEEZ!!!

Yeah, conservatives this, conservatives that! Why don't you take off your damn partisan blinders for once?

This is absurd. Is Murder Murder? No in this society we say their is manslaughter, premeditated murder, second degree murder, etc.

Our criminal justice system doesn't work like that. There are degrees of crime, based on a lot of factors, including the mindset of the perpetrator. So hate crime laws are very much in the tradition of our criminal justice system.

So enforcing hate crime laws has really little to do with not enforcing assault.

Well sorry, conservatives are the group of people who seem to be invested in this idea of a race war/crime spree perpertrated by black people against white people with the President's approval and the media's silence. It is a disgustingly racist perspective.

I truly wish conservatives didn't embrace it.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You're still trying to explain away the lack of coverage on Newsom/Christian. Read about it and explain to me why something as harrowing and heinous as that didn't make national headlines.
I am not explaining away anything.

Reality is reality. And the reality is that there are over 1 million violent crimes committed in the nation every year and the national media covers almost none of those crimes.

So any murder not being covered by the national media is the norm.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I am not explaining away anything.

Reality is reality. And the reality is that there are over 1 million violent crimes committed in the nation every year and the national media covers almost none of those crimes.

So any murder not being covered by the national media is the norm.

You still didn't answer me. Search for that crime on the Internet and, once you regain a non-pale complexion (due to the harrowing nature of it), get back to me. This was no run-of-the-mill stabbing or something.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You still didn't answer me. Search for that crime on the Internet and, once you regain a non-pale complexion (due to the harrowing nature of it), get back to me. This was no run-of-the-mill stabbing or something.

I did answer you. Most violent crimes even most of the gruesome violent murders don't get national media attention.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:58 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
No, I do not have it backwards. The SPD chose to not investigate Trayvon Martin's death. And no investigation was initiated.
No investigation was initiated because the police determined it was self defense. Then race baiters got involved and they forced the police chief out and brought charges anyway. So then a jury determined it was self defense. Tons of money and man-hours spent simply to confirm what the SPD had already determined.

And as for the racial part of it Zimmerman dated black people, mentored black kids, and defended a black man against the city. But race baiters got involved anyway so the Justice Department spent more money and more man-hours to - surprise, surprise - determine that there was no racial component.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies