Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 08:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Oh yes, you're absolutely right there. Everything doesn't make the news. But you also have to recognize the entirely unequal coverage given to black on white crimes in comparison to white on black crimes. Had this been 3 white males beating on 1 black male, it's quite possible it would have been news. Possibly even national news. The only time we hear stories about black people doing anything heinous these days is when the crime is just to big to ignore. The media is totally and completely one sided and has been for quite some time. Anything that you can put on the news to make white people look racist will make the news. Yes, there are racist white people out there. But guess what, contrary to popular belief, black people can be and are racist too. I for one have grown tired of hearing the statement "black people can't be racist" How ignorant do you have to be to make such a statement? Anyone and everyone, no matter your color, has the potential to be a racist. To say otherwise is simply ridiculous and wrong and just another way to try and make the "racist" white man seem like some sort of abnormality that exists no where else. I have personally experienced racism directed toward me by black people. We are not talking about big foot here folks. Racist black people do exist.
Ehhhh...what's with the stream of consciousness manifesto?

Ok...there are black racists. Soooo....what am I supposed to do with that information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 09:11 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Wheres Big Al Sharpton and Sweet Jeese Jackson the two false prophets on this matter ?
See how some here posting say stupid things to justify a brutal attack ...by the way I like your CD name Patton was one of my heroes growing up.
Yeah, good old Jesse and Al are silent when their own tribe commit the crimes.

Thanks, by the way. Patton was a real American, as far as I'm concerned. A hero of mine too.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:13 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes, it was incorrect, but the basic premise stays the same. The national media doesn't cover 120 violent crimes in any year. Please list some violent crimes that received national coverage. This should be extremely enlightening.

It also doesn't change that there are over a 1million violent crimes committed in this nation every year. Only a tiny, tiny fraction of those cases receives national media attention.

So again, finding a violent crime that didn't receive national media attention is the norm and not indicative of some ulterior motive, because 99.99% of violent crimes in America don't receive any national media coverage.
You're still trying to explain away the lack of coverage on Newsom/Christian. Read about it and explain to me why something as harrowing and heinous as that didn't make national headlines.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:57 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You can tell all that by how someone throws a punch?
Only because they punch like a mother...

I'd be pretty disappointed in myself as a father if my kids threw their hands like that.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh yeah? Well we can both play that game.

Shall I post up a video of hundreds of white people ready to pounce on ONE black man for integrating a university?

Imagine that...hundreds...maybe even a few thousand ready to jack up ONE black man.

Yep...that's what I thought.

Oh...whose nerve got touched now?

YOU'RE the one that decided to tell me all about your crappy hometown...I didn't solicit any information about it. You're the one that told me to jump on some highway that's a few thousand miles from me just so I could see how you guys dealt with "home invaders" (a.k.a. double wide invaders) and now you say that I told you what was happening in your hometown?

Nonsense. I said no such thing.
I almost spit out the water I was drinking when I read this. Funny...

Old 08-09-2013, 02:09 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012
Because it happens often in every city, but just not on camera.
Indeed but it still should be discussed dont you think??

White people ARE JUST AS IMPORTANT as black!!

Old 08-09-2013, 06:05 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
boy you really are a drama queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
It wasn't racism, it was snitches getting stitches. If you insist on making this a battle cry for the White movement, then have a pro White rally with crosses and all.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
It will never happen. Sharpton puts food on his table by stirring the pot in the black community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Black and white civil rights activists must speak up on all human rights abuses- They just can't go through life cherry picking what suits their agenda. Black activists should chime in...I would love to hear Sharpton say - "Please my black brothers - do not abuse your white brothers...we are one people - we are human beings and we are Americans" Why can't he say those magic words before the old bastard passes away from old age?

Old 08-09-2013, 06:12 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
For starters they could fire the bus driver for letting it happen and doing nothing whatsoever to stop it.

The driver is problem the actual drug dealer and the hoodrats doing the beating were part of his gang.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Ok.... Do you think hate crime laws makes assault a legal act? I don't understand.
No! Assault is assault!!! PERIOD!!!! Enforce the God damned laws that you have, and stop trying to make new ones! JEEZ!!!

Quote:
Only to conservatives. To normal people, they recognize that grouping conservatives who voluntarily identify with a political ideology is not the same as lumping people on the basis of the ethnicity of their parents. SMH that this has to be explained.

Yeah, conservatives this, conservatives that! Why don't you take off your damn partisan blinders for once?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies