Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 06:42 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times

Advertisements

Where have you been? The video was on CNN for days as well as opinion clips, interviews with the bus driver who did nothing etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 06:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I almost spit out the water I was drinking when I read this. Funny...

If the roles were reversed and 3 white guys were beating a black boy, you and Eric Holder would be screaming racism and you know it.

Imagine the media frenzy over that.

It would be bigger than Trayvon, right now.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Where have you been? The video was on CNN for days as well as opinion clips, interviews with the bus driver who did nothing etc.

Without getting physical, the bus driver clearly stopped the continuation, with his voice.
So, don't even try to go there.

What if the white kid in the middle of that, went all Zimmerman on them, would it be justified?

Old 08-09-2013, 07:54 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no but adult beating up teens does hit the media.

Hmmmm... given that it was 3 on 1, which is clearly an unfair advantage, were the bus drive to intervene, I'd be inclined to give him a pass. Just sayin'.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:55 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
What exactly do you want them to do?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Seems like someone has been hanging out on stormfront again. This happened about a month ago and the boys in the attack were charged. So I am not sure what the issue is? I can see being upset that people aren't making an issue of this if the boys had not been charged after attacking him.
Oh I don't know, does the Zimmerman case ring a bell? G.Z. was charged and tried in a court of law so why the ongoing protests? Hmmmm?
Why did it make the news over and over and over again?
Where's Jesse and Al on this? Will his highness Obama discuss this case on TV when he speaks today? Why not?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:07 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Treat those boys as adults and put them in prison where they belong...no doubt alongside many of their relatives that are of the lowest of our society.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:07 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The kids have been arrested and charged, what is there to protest????

You are free to gather your friends and hold a pro White rally if you feel more needs to be done.
George was arrested and charged too. Yet the outrage continued even before the verdict.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Three black boys savagely beat white boy on school bus. Then again they say they are silent because the beating didn't happen because of racism obviously making it ok because the three black kids tried to sell him drugs and he told on them and the 3 boys beat the crap out of him.

School bus fight

The kids have been arrested and charged. You're beating a dead horse, again.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm not talking about job duties or job requirements, at what point in this country did it become acceptable for an adult male to stand by and watch 3 teenagers beat 1 helpless teenager on the floor of a school bus while he screamed for help?
At the point that the bus driver could be killed by said teens or if he touched them arrested and sued for daring to do the right thing.
My wife was a school bus driver (thank GOD she isn't anymore) and I always told her to walk away if something like that happened as the driver will ALWAYS lose.
I remember one kid who was tapping her with a broom handle while she was driving and then patted her face as he left the bus saying "I'm just messing with you don't worry about it". She reported the kid and wanted him removed from her bus until he could keep his hands to himself. The bus manager downplayed the incident and said "I know that kid, he's harmless". The next day the kid was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon (a pistol) after he pointed it at a kid when he'd gotten off the school bus.

The bus driver did the right thing. Stand back, tell 'em to stop and let the police deal with it. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't but at least if you don't you're still healthy and unhurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies