Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 11:28 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
First off I don't listen to Glenn Beck. Second of all, do you deny that s*** like what I mentioned has happened in Cleveland, doesn't happen? Like I said, you're painting with an extremely broad brush when saying that most conservatives are racist, because as I said, I have conservative values and judging someone on skin color is stupidity at it's finest! I also don't believe in calling stuff like this a hate crime, because any sort of assault is a crime, and should be punished as such! Stop listening to the damn lamestream media so much and figure it out for yourself! Everyone knows the media does nothing but sensationalize things in this day and age! It doesn't matter if it's Fox News, CNN, or MSNBC!
What is wrong with hate crime laws? Please have an intelligent answer that isn't simple minded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 11:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What is wrong with hate crime laws? Please have an intelligent answer that isn't simple minded.

Hmmm? Let's see, maybe because assault is already illegal!!!!

Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We're a nation of 300 million people. If you don't think that somewhere in America, a black kid isnt getting a beating by white kids, then you're nuts.

Everything doesn't make the news people. Some people actually know how to handle their own business without calling the press. Did you guys go crying to the press when you got your asses kicked?
Oh yes, you're absolutely right there. Everything doesn't make the news. But you also have to recognize the entirely unequal coverage given to black on white crimes in comparison to white on black crimes. Had this been 3 white males beating on 1 black male, it's quite possible it would have been news. Possibly even national news. The only time we hear stories about black people doing anything heinous these days is when the crime is just to big to ignore. The media is totally and completely one sided and has been for quite some time. Anything that you can put on the news to make white people look racist will make the news. Yes, there are racist white people out there. But guess what, contrary to popular belief, black people can be and are racist too. I for one have grown tired of hearing the statement "black people can't be racist" How ignorant do you have to be to make such a statement? Anyone and everyone, no matter your color, has the potential to be a racist. To say otherwise is simply ridiculous and wrong and just another way to try and make the "racist" white man seem like some sort of abnormality that exists no where else. I have personally experienced racism directed toward me by black people. We are not talking about big foot here folks. Racist black people do exist.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The idea of a secret race war going on of black people attacking white people is only a story/narrative that makes sense to racists. Normal people see that rhetoric as racist.

The idea of a secret race war that President Obama wants and endorses is only a story/narrative that makes sense to racists. Normal people see that rhetoric as racist.

The idea that President Obama wants black kids to beat on white kids and that in Obama's America thats ok because the white kids deserve it, is a story/narrative that only makes sense to racists.

Normal people see that rhetoric as racist.

These kinds of stories/narratives appeal to conservatives because most conservatives are racist, prejudiced, bigoted.
Lol, and your statement isn't prejudiced and bigoted? Making such broad assumptions about a group of people based on nothing more than their political affiliation?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Lol, and your statement isn't prejudiced and bigoted? Making such broad assumptions about a group of people based on nothing more than their political affiliation?

It does reek of a double standard doesn't it?

Old 08-08-2013, 12:09 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Seems to me people have become so use to seeing brutality they accept it as a normal day in the hood...this kinda thing just happens with kids no big deal till 3 white kids do it to a black kid then jeremiah,jesse,big al will get on their horses and form a posse.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
i always ask these people, what do you want? the story plastered on every major newspaper across the country for a week.

a bunch of drunk white cops beat up some blacks here in minnesota, i havent seen that all over the place.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Some of you don't seem to get it. This was not a race issue. These kids decided to beat someone up end of story. Kids of all kinds beat impeach other every day. Apparently some of you just assume everything is a race issue when there are differing races involved.

Again these kids did not beat him up because he was white. They beat him up because he told in them and they were mad. See the difference?

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Some of you don't seem to get it. This was not a race issue. These kids decided to beat someone up end of story. Kids of all kinds beat impeach other every day. Apparently some of you just assume everything is a race issue when there are differing races involved.

Again these kids did not beat him up because he was white. They beat him up because he told in them and they were mad. See the difference?

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Absolutely correct. I'm sure the teens who did the kicking and stomping are equal opportunity bad asses. If the snitch had been black, they would have beat the crap out of him just as quickly.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:44 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times
Default Civil rights activists silent on Florida school bus beating video

Three black boys savagely beat white boy on school bus. Then again they say they are silent because the beating didn't happen because of racism obviously making it ok because the three black kids tried to sell him drugs and he told on them and the 3 boys beat the crap out of him.

School bus fight

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies