Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 06:10 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually there is no requirement for the bus driver to physically get involved. Technically he did nothing wrong. But apparently firing a bus driver would make you happy.
I'm not talking about job duties or job requirements, at what point in this country did it become acceptable for an adult male to stand by and watch 3 teenagers beat 1 helpless teenager on the floor of a school bus while he screamed for help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That was a court case about a man who murdered a teen and got away with it. I am sure you would go psycho crazy if these three black teens were not charged and got away with beating this teen.
The court case was about a man who shot an attacker and was found not guilty of a crime, Trayvon Martin was not murdered.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:16 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm not talking about job duties or job requirements, at what point in this country did it become acceptable for an adult male to stand by and watch 3 teenagers beat 1 helpless teenager on the floor of a school bus while he screamed for help?
blame white lawyers for that one.

i dont stop or do anything for anyone anymore, because i could be getting sued.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
blame white lawyers for that one.

i dont stop or do anything for anyone anymore, because i could be getting sued.
What does a lawyer's skin color have to do with anything? It's hard to understand why some of you are as racist as you are.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
And by "stand by and watch" , you must mean "stop the bus and call for law enforcement to come help." Which, clearly, is what he should have done, since there's no way he could win. If the kids beat him, then he's put his hands on the kids, he's in the hospital, and the kids can take over the bus. And if he somehow manages to beat the snot out of the three of them, then we'd be hearing about how he was being charged with battery of a minor or some such.

As to the OP, this story was already covered in another thread on this site, and all over the place on the Internet. And as others have said, there's nothing unique here to protest, since the three attackers have been arrested and charged. Now, if you wish to join in on a "stop the violence" rally, feel free to do so - people hold them all across the US.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
That still isn't grounds for being fired, the man called for help and did what he felt he was capable of doing. Not every 64yr old man is built like Rambo and able to beat off these teenage males.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The kids have been arrested and charged, what is there to protest????

You are free to gather your friends and hold a pro White rally if you feel more needs to be done.
if they had any fortitude, and any real concern for the black community, they would be out on the streets loudly protesting the fact that blacks seem to be involved far too much in crimes, especially drug crimes, and trying to do something about it. the only time they seem to be interested is when it is white on black crime so they can get in front of the cameras and scream racism at the top of their lungs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
it was a drug beef, not racial. the whites trying to make it racial just have an agenda.
i agree, it was criminals being criminals.

Quote:
He isn't 100 years old, he's 64 and since when is it acceptable to sit back and let 3 people beat a single person on the floor of a school bus?
if the bus driver had intervened, and one of the thugs got hurt by the driver, regardless of the circumstances, the bus driver could have been held criminally and civilly liable, and most certainly would have lost his job. what would you have him do, beat up three teenage punks? yeah that would have gone down well in the media.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
The court case was about a man who shot an attacker and was found not guilty of a crime, Trayvon Martin was not murdered.
Of course, that was the story the murderer wanted you to believe and it looks like you ate it all up. Good for you.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
And by "stand by and watch" , you must mean "stop the bus and call for law enforcement to come help." Which, clearly, is what he should have done, since there's no way he could win. If the kids beat him, then he's put his hands on the kids, he's in the hospital, and the kids can take over the bus. And if he somehow manages to beat the snot out of the three of them, then we'd be hearing about how he was being charged with battery of a minor or some such.
This country is filled with pathetic people who believe that it's just too dangerous to get involved even when they are right up next to another human being getting kicked on the floor by 3 attackers.

I'm glad I'm not one of those people.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if the bus driver had intervened, and one of the thugs got hurt by the driver, regardless of the circumstances, the bus driver could have been held criminally and civilly liable, and most certainly would have lost his job. what would you have him do, beat up three teenage punks? yeah that would have gone down well in the media.
The media wouldn't have done him anything, he's black and black on black crime doesn't get them any ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies