Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is a better place to live?
Europe 61 37.20%
America 103 62.80%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You forgot to say that in your opinion, life is better in the USA. Many people would disagree with you. If money, status and lots of stuff is the most important thing in your life, then yes, maybe the USA is the best place to be. However, there's more to life than that.

LOL..... well.... money... status... lots of stuff... I cant help laughing.

sure...i agree with you that there are some folk out there that think less money is better... like that baby in Jimmy Kimmels comercial! LOL!!

I also like things like air condition, houses with closets and stoves that contain more than 2 hotplate mini-burners.... laundry rooms even in small homes...

LAND....

but hey, I am sure there are wonderful places in Europe full of happy satisfied people who kanoodle with thier governments and get cool stuff others pay for.... and are just peachy keen happy.

gimmie America. It is not opinion it is fact. This place is better.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I have spent time in Europe... its a distant, very distant 2nd place... In part because Europe has a bunch of OLD countries that hasn't been redeveloped because frankly everyone is poor over there... high cost of living... what Europe has is the mentality from that upbringing... being poor and staying poor... they are happy because they can share their own misery... American's on the otherhand have a full stratus of people of different incomes, relatively new infrastructure especially utlities.... the ones upset are the ones who want the upper people to be miserable so they can be happy (or as we like to call them in America... liberals)...

Old 08-12-2013, 11:43 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Based on your post you seem to seek out the negative about us and use violent minority groups to represent us as a whole so no you obviously have no grasp on the reality of my country.
We'll just have to disagree on this Invince, as I've been all over your country for many years and actually lived there for six months at a time over the last 12 and I love the place but have no illusions as to it's superiority over many places on the planet, parts of Europe or the U.K. being just two excellant examples.

I've also travelled extensively throughout the world for the better part of 50 years now, and can tell you more about other cultures and their superiority to yours in some things than you would have the ability or the demonstrated willingness to assimilate.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Just open your winow a tad at the drive through and you should be allright.

don't worry about getting engaged in any political debate. The flag on your bumper and the NRA sticker in your back window will render that possibility moot to anyone who might expect a reasoned and unbiased discussion from you.
That's funny because i actually have a flag sticker on my car to match my USA support the troops license plate.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
All those European nations went to pot some years ago plotting for and competing empires, and their people suffered greatly for it. What nation now is the top empire building nation? Americans by and large think that it's not the US. The entire world thinks it is the US. And it is, which is at extreme odds to our founding fathers' beliefs and foundation of this Nation.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
In my trade, they are decades behind us in all aspects of the trade.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:52 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Dear Liberals most European countries outlaw Abortion after about week 12-16 or some such....

France requires an ultrasound and a "cooling off period" before an abortion can be performed.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Dear Liberals most European countries outlaw Abortion after about week 12-16 or some such....

France requires an ultrasound and a "cooling off period" before an abortion can be performed.
Rhuh Rhoh Rhaggy..........

Old 08-12-2013, 12:03 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
chilegirl you clearly have no idea what it's like in the US. You're twice as likely to be a victim of violent crime in Germany than in the US. Don't let the facts burst your fantasy about the evil violent US.

US Versus Germany Crime Rates? | Extrano's Alley, a gun blog
Quote:
“Aggravated assault” in the United States is a “catch all category,” where a vigorous hand wave during a discussion can and often does result in charges. The German definition is somewhat narrower, but is what I will go with.
People are not charged for that in the U.S.

You might punch someone in the face and not get charged with assault in the U.S.

Where did you pull this horse s___ from?

I've gotten into with several security guards, pulled my c__ out and waved it at them, they stopped cops and the cops did nothing but have a talk with me. That's it.

A lot of cops don't want to be bogged down with paper work over stupid a__ s__.

If "vigorous hand waving" resulted in assault charges in the U.S. 90% of Milwaukee would be in front of judges in courts perpetually.

You can even smack the living h___ out of someone on TV and get no charges.

Examples:

Mob Wives 3: Love Vs Carla (Cam Version) - YouTube

Mob wives drita vs karren round 1 - YouTube

Basketball Wife SUES over CRAZY TV Brawl - YouTube

And contrary to the crowd that will jump up and say these women are reflective of how a huge portion of American women act, that's a flat out lie. They act just like that. Actually, I've come across plenty that are even more hard hearted and crass. Albeit, that "Love" woman on Mob Wives is "harder" than most women in the U.S.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:08 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Europe has dozens of countries, and they are all unique

It's a silly question
But under the European Union and the Euro they are more akin to the United States of America with the unified currency of the dollar in every state.

Being a citizen of the United States allows you to travel from one state to the next and legally work. Membership in the European Union allows basically the same thing within its member states.

You might think of the EU as something almost akin to a United States of Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies