Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 02:16 PM

62,982 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

I have no fear of a changing nation racially but I certainly object to our identifying culture and language changing via illegal immigration instead of being a melting pot. What part of that aren't some getting in here? Yet these same hypocrites would have a hissy fit if Mexico's culture would change in the same way via illegal immigration. I have no use for hypocrites!

Non-English speakers should not be able to serve on our juries. It presents too many problems in regards to not understanding what is going on and depending on an interpreter to relay the correct facts of the case which can be misconstrued. Doesn't one have to be a citizen to serve on our juries anyway? Why in the would a citizen not know English?

Those with an agenda in here to alter our demographics, culture and language in an unnatural an unlawful way fool no one. It is they that are the true racists against non-Hispanic whites in this country. It just kills them that we are still the majority in this country. I have no problem with minorities. What I have is a problem with illegal immigration and those who refuse to assimilate into our society and respect our identifying culture and language rather than seeking to change it. I couldn't care less what language or culture one chooses to practice at home. There, I put the lies and false accusations to rest. Not that it will stop the same usual suspects that just hate non-Hispanic whites (unless they are self-hating liberals) from pushing their lying BS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
How do either of you figure this? Many Hispanics are white, hell, some are even black.
Liquid, as I said in my prior post it is non-Hispanic white conservatives that they hate and they are salivating over their numbers dwindling in our country via lower birthrates and massive legal and illegal immigration from mostly one ethnic group rather than being the diversified nation that we are supposed to be. Their agenda fools no one while they put the racist hat on the wrong head rather than looking in the mirror.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:21 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A convicted murderer appealed his sentence because a Spanish-only speaking prospect juror was dismissed from jury duty. He lost the appeal but the NM Supreme Court ruled that lack of English is not a reason to exclude jurors, it violates their constitutional rights, and they must be accommodated with translators.

New Mexico ruling: Non-English speakers can be jurors - El Paso Times
So then as the defendant, i want a translator, translating what the translator is telling the juror

AceVentura2_Ace_mistranslation - YouTube

Old 08-15-2013, 03:32 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
I just became a US citizen. I had to take a basic English test. But if you are over 50, you are not required to.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 08-15-2013, 03:33 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
How do either of you figure this? Many Hispanics are white, hell, some are even black.
This of course is true, but a person's actual racial heritage can be ignored by the white majority. It has occurred before. The Irish, Italians and Jewish people were not thought to be white by many white Americans. You may have read the concerns that were expressed from having so many Irish or Italian immigrants coming to this nation.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segwaywheeler View Post
ohhh, dont be naive. White is white. We know those that are bent out of shape because of this demographic shift is referring to "Euro white"
The Spanish aren't Euro-white? Last I looked Spain was in Europe. There are however Hispanic whites and non-Hispanic whites. Two different cultures and most Hispanics speak Spanish. Our national de facto language is English. I guess I am a racist if I don't want us to become another Hispanic country in identity (culturally and lingually) through illegal immigration and too much legal immigration from that ethnic group. Yeah, right.

Not one person in here has addressed the hypocricy of objecting to Mexico losing its Hispanic identity via illegal immigration. I guess there is a double standard for majority non-Hispanic white nations.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
It's not for anyone to decided who becomes the majority/minority. Silly question.
Evidently, our government has decided since they aren't enforcing our immigration laws and favoring one ethnic group for legal immigration. But that's ok, right? Just as long as it is a non-Hispanic white nation losing their majority, right?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:05 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,037 times
Quote:
ohhh, dont be naive. White is white. We know those that are bent out of shape because of this demographic shift is referring to "Euro white"
I forgot, you're one of those that can read into comments and see them for what you want them to be.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Don't you have to be a citizen to serve on a jury? How can a citizen not speak English? So much for the claims that Hispanics are assimilating linguistically into our country.

A "Phun Phact" from Philadelphia:

During America's War for Independence a significant number of patriot soldiers and officers, many from Pennsylvania, could not speak English. It has been claimed Congress even considered making German the national official language, but scholars now say there is no evidence for this.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This of course is true
Of course it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
but a person's actual racial heritage can be ignored by the white majority. It has occurred before. The Irish, Italians and Jewish people were not thought to be white by many white Americans. You may have read the concerns that were expressed from having so many Irish or Italian immigrants coming to this nation.
The Irish, Italians, and Jews weren't thought to be white? Are you sure it didn't have something to do with those already here in poverty having to further compete with more new arrivals? Are you claiming that because of their labor status they were considered, racially non-white? I think you and segway are confusing race with ethnicity, they are not one in the same, you look to much at the "white privilege" claim as the reason for your arguments.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 08-15-2013 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies