Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Homicide by firearm is 64 times higher in the US than Canada.
NationMaster - Crime stats: Canada vs United States
once again you compare two vastly difference nations and cultures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
what does breaking it down by race accomplish? Are you saying that since these crimes are commited in "gehttos" and "urban enviros" it's not an American problem?

Does race or location release you from being part of the equation? Have you somehow exempted yourself from being American?
Well yeah you have more crime their, which one has higher violent crime rates the Hampton or the ghettos of Chicago.

What release us from being part of the equations is not committing violent crime..

Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, judging from what you describe, you would probably go to jail if you shot such a drunk person over here...
A normal sober male can incapacitate a drunk guy in some other way. If necessary you hit him over the head with a pan

I hate alcohol, tends to bring out the worst in people
what if he had a broken arm, or was 90 and could not fight back? riddle me that batman. you always assume, you never understand that things happen very very fast, often with little to no warming..

Old 08-29-2013, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Wishful thinking at its finest. When I was younger, I dated a girl whose brother-in-law was a corrections officer at one of the most notorious maximum security prisons in the United States. We went to visit one holiday, and he had a file box full of confiscated items that he showed me. Among these were nearly two dozen "zip guns" that had been made by prisoners who were in a maximum security facility. Now, if these inmates could manage to jury-rig firearms while they were in maximum security, what makes you think someone out the street couldn't do the same on a larger scale?

The prisoners had firearms made out of ball-point pens, which would only be good for something up close and personal, basically disposable .22 firearms - they had even managed to smuggle in .22 rounds for ammunition. However, someone outside of prison who has access to even the most rudimentary tools could easily manufacture something much larger, more accurate, and much more durable. If you truly believe that the only way to obtain a firearm is through a "legitimate" manufacturer, you are sadly mistaken. There is absolutely no way to stop someone from manufacturing a workable firearm from parts that can purchased at the local hardware store.

As for ammunition, the formula for gunpowder has been around for hundreds of years. It really isn't difficult to make, and quite frankly you don't even have to get the measurements precise in order for it to do the job intended.

That is leftist/ statism in so few words "wishful thinking"

Old 08-29-2013, 08:50 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Interesting how cold you people come across... Of course you don't owe him anything. So? Do you only do things if you owe someone? And what is some time and effort when a human life is at stake? A human life is a human life. And I am not even a Christian, but an atheist...
I am generous with both my time and money. I help out old people and animals. Hang out with me for a day and you will see that I'm one of the nicest guys you have ever met. Just don't cross the line of putting me or my family in danger. It's not anger or cold, it's protection.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:54 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
what if he had a broken arm, or was 90 and could not fight back? riddle me that batman. you always assume, you never understand that things happen very very fast, often with little to no warming..
And you are always making up excuses. 90 year old people usually don't live alone. Nor do I want 90 year old people to shoot around, or drive cars for that matter...

In the example the drunk guy was outside the house, yelling and hitting the door. Even if there is no police anywhere near, do neighbors not want to help each other anymore? They must have heard...

I remember the other day I left the house in the morning, and when I left I obviously did not close the main door downstairs properly, so it opened again with the wind. I was told by a neighbor in the evening that they had called the police just because the door was not closed

Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
No, the only reason anyone would think it is wrong let alone fundamentally wrong is some underlining plan or agenda to disarm and enslave them...

I dont care about what other feel or thing, my rights are not subject to the opinions of any group or elected officials.

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's . . . fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

West Virginia State Bd. of Ed. v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624, 638 (1943)
Sorry, but that is usually associated with being a psychopath...

Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
We are a divided people with no cohesion or bond. The govt has divided all of us into race, and taxed us (the workers) to death.

The drug culture preys upon us and the police are no help, since they serve the state and not the people.

In turn this leaves us We the People paying taxes that do us no good what so ever and with the system of Injustice, which is a catch and release system to feed the state.

It is what it is. it wasn't always this way, but this IS the way it is now.

Did you look up the NH town I mentioned yet?

Then this is CD, and today I put up a thread in respect for MLK and before it got to page 2 that thread was closed for the bitchin' and whining of proggy *******s.

The real problem with the USA is the progressive liberals. There is nothing progressive or liberal about them.

Real Liberals are Liberty minded people not Sheep.
At least you are honest enough to admit the situation that kind of forces you to behave the way you do is not a good one. As I said pages ago, if that is the situation in the US, I understand why people feel unsafe and thus the need to protect themselves. Still, I get the feeling that most people have accepted that situation as if it were the new standard once and forever. Some might even like it that way...

Yes, I found that place, I told you yesterday in another post.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
They are not "progressive liberals" they are regressive statist..parasites that would disarm and enslave all if they had a chance..
I am a parasite because I am against a society that makes people feel so unsafe they feel like only a gun can protect them and their loved ones? Since I am a parasite, how am I benefiting from whatever you are accusing me of here?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:16 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
They are not "progressive liberals" they are regressive statist..parasites that would disarm and enslave all if they had a chance..
I agree with that, but this is the term they use to call on one another. progy libs which sounds so intelligent.

These people have 0 living skill sets and just spume the party line, which everyone else hears as bahh bahh and errr uhh ahh umm and the latest la la la la

These same proggy libs are looking for a loophole to TAX guns and ammo out of existence.

That won't ever happen, but they are FREE to Try. I like it when proggy libs pay more TAXES for anything. The more they pay the less i have too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies