Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Neither do liberals. SMH twice!! You're the party of yes, y'all do something about it since you've got every body's back!
This thread is about conservatives. Really it is not a gotcha. I wish the Republican party thought about systematic racial discrimination against black Americans in the employment market and were really troubled by those stats, but they aren't.

Again, it is one thing to stand on theory, but another to look at reality in the face, decade after decade of reality of a huge problem that persists and the response is to do nothing and have no ideas.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:56 PM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
LOLOLOL so that at every level of educational attainment you are willing to say that black people fall short at just twice the rate of white people with the same level of education?
Unless there is data that controls for other factors, then these statistics are not meaningful.

It is well-known to anyone who has gone through college, for example, that different college majors have widely different unemployment stats. And that is just one factor. It is not as simple as what you're suggesting.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:09 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Unless there is data that controls for other factors, then these statistics are not meaningful.

It is well-known to anyone who has gone through college, for example, that different college majors have widely different unemployment stats. And that is just one factor.
Again, so you are saying that you believe that there is some black racial deficit that applies to black people across the board so that there unemployment rate with similarly educated white people is twice their rate across the board.

You can use vague language about controlling for other factors and that may suffice for you to explain those disparities, but this isn't one single data point, but the whole spectrum and the same disparity exists across the whole spectrum.

This either suggests systematic racial discrimination against black Americans in a society that has a history of racial discrimination against black American, or some black racial defect that applies to black high school drop out and black college grads with 4 year degrees or higher.

Because in comparison to white people with the same level of education black high school drop outs having an unemployment rate 1.78times higher than white high school dropouts and black college grads with 4 year degrees or higher having an unemployment rate 1.70times higher than white people with the same level of education. I know white high school drop outs had better majors than black high school dropouts lololol.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM

11,804 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
What can one do when a white hiring manager will only hire white people?

This idea about getting a good education and making it is great, IF we are playing in a game that isn't rigged.

You admitted as a white conservative that racism and discrimination does occur, which means even if you are black and play by the rules, it doesn't really matter since you are playing a rigged game to begin with.

White conservatives I feel are afraid of getting rid of the rigged game, because they will lose the advantages they have.

If blacks and others do get equal opportunity, which again you admitted they don't, this will negatively impact whites, in terms of competition and jobs.

Please read my posts before you comment! I am a democrat but as I've aged I have more conservative views than liberal.

As far as a fair gaming field - I have seen more accomplished whites face reverse discrimination than minorities when it comes to hiring practices. The game is rigged but in minorities favor.

My son wanted to take the police exam here in Buffalo - a friend who happens to be a captain told him to save his $75 as they were only hiring minorities. They not only hired minorities - but removed the barrier from having to reside in the City of Buffalo for the black and Hispanic applicants. If you were white - you had to live in the city. So whose field is rigged.

I never said that they do not have equal opportunity - they refuse to use what is given to them to help them achieve a better lifestyle. Many of their parents do not instill morals and ethics.

I said I believe there is still racism and not just for blacks but gays, muslims ect... It's not just a black problem - but it also is not as prevalent as the liberal news media wants you to believe it is. You're always going to have a few people - KKK or Black Panthers who feel there culture is superior - but the majority of Americans are not racist but are sick and tired of being portrayed as such with every word spoken taken out of context - just like you have done with me.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:14 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
This thread is about conservatives. Really it is not a gotcha. I wish the Republican party thought about systematic racial discrimination against black Americans in the employment market and were really troubled by those stats, but they aren't.

Again, it is one thing to stand on theory, but another to look at reality in the face, decade after decade of reality of a huge problem that persists and the response is to do nothing and have no ideas.
I am sorry Iamme, but it simply is not true that republicans have not "had ideas" or cared about the issues.

However it is an absolute fact that any time a Republican stands up and offers some opinion, or some solution, they are shouted down as racists and bigots by the liberals/democrat party/leaders of the African American commuinty who cannot be seperated from liberal/progressive/democrat party.

Just look at this week. Not ONE prominant black conservative American was asked to speak at the events.

It was a PROGRESSIVE ONLY event. period. everyone else was persona non grata.

The president didnt speak about race relations so much as he gave a progressive/liberal stump speech and along with all the others connected conservative economic policy to biggotry.

It isnt that conservatives are disengaged. it is that conservatives have been shut out. BECAUSE that keeps the people from seeing the republicans as a viable option.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM

62,977 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am sorry Iamme, but it simply is not true that republicans have not "had ideas" or cared about the issues.

However it is an absolute fact that any time a Republican stands up and offers some opinion, or some solution, they are shouted down as racists and bigots by the liberals/democrat party/leaders of the African American commuinty who cannot be seperated from liberal/progressive/democrat party.

Just look at this week. Not ONE prominant black conservative American was asked to speak at the events.

It was a PROGRESSIVE ONLY event. period. everyone else was persona non grata.

The president didnt speak about race relations so much as he gave a progressive/liberal stump speech and along with all the others connected conservative economic policy to biggotry.

It isnt that conservatives are disengaged. it is that conservatives have been shut out. BECAUSE that keeps the people from seeing the republicans as a viable option.
Agreed. And where is the outrage against employers who are Democrats and minorities that discriminate against whites in hiring practices? For example, requiring them to speak Spanish to get a job in their own country?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:20 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
What can one do when a white hiring manager will only hire white people?

This idea about getting a good education and making it is great, IF we are playing in a game that isn't rigged.

You admitted as a white conservative that racism and discrimination does occur, which means even if you are black and play by the rules, it doesn't really matter since you are playing a rigged game to begin with.

White conservatives I feel are afraid of getting rid of the rigged game, because they will lose the advantages they have.

If blacks and others do get equal opportunity, which again you admitted they don't, this will negatively impact whites, in terms of competition and jobs.

i have a close family member that is a VP for her fairly large company. She is the HR director. She goes on recruiting trips every year looking for talent for her company.

we have MANY conversations about her frustration in finding qualified minority candidates. She wants them. It is good for the buisness. please dont suggest that the doors are blocked. there may be some small companies that are like that, but the real drivers of employment are very concerned about insuring they hire solid workers from minority communities.

Personally, if I were a 20 year old African American man I would be UBER excited about my prospects. I would be busting my rear to get the eductation/qualifications I needed then I would be off and running. The doors are wide open.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:20 PM

11,804 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Look man, I don't give a damn about all of that garbage that you spewed.

Here is reality. The black unemployment for college grads has not a damn thing to do with how you feel about all that nonsense that you spewed. It has nothing to do with ebonics or kids not doing math or poor and white black people banding together and responsibility.

Again a black people who go to college and graduate have an unemployment rate twice the unemployment rate for white people who graduate from college.

This problem happens to black people who get 2year degrees, who have some college and high school grads.

None of the nonsense you spewed explains why this problem exists or how to solve it.

This is the problem when staring systematic racial discrimination in the face, conservatives don't actually want to deal with the problem.

This systematic racial discrimination happens across the board, now the question is what do conservatives want to do about this racial discrimination?

Cause spouting that nonsense that you spouted has nothing to do with the fact that black college graduates suffer from twice the unemployment rate as white college graduates.
First off - I'm a she. Second - I spew nothing but the truth - the problem of unemployment is happening to everyone. My two boys have lived with me since graduating because there are no jobs - so don't preach to me about how bad it is. It's bad for everyone - not just blacks.

So blame the conservatives - what have the Democrats done for you?

I'm sorry you're black - I'm sorry that you feel so discriminated against - I'm sorry that you are close minded and can't have a discussion with someone who disagrees with you. You are one of the reasons that racism continues to fester.

You're so hung up on the color of your skin and feels like it's everybody else's fault. The blacks I associate with are real people - they don't judge by party or color of skin - but they do get frustrated that they are judged due to people like you. You just want someone to blame - sorry bud it isn't me.

Ignore is a beautiful feature!

Old 08-29-2013, 02:22 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
That's the question right? Again systematic racial discrimination against black Americans when seeking employment is there. The objective proof is there for anyone to see it. The unemployment rate that black Americans have suffered and continue to suffer would be described in most years as a severe recession.

And this inequity impacts black Americans at every level of educational attainment. One would think that conservatives would have something to say about that, other than a lie that Democrats have been in charge of black people lives since the 1960's as if that explains anything or has any basis in reality.

This is the problem conservatives just don't give a damn and never have and so all the theories about how they are uncomfortable supporting racial discrimination policies falls in the face of the systematic racial discrimination that clearly favors white Americans over black Americans, and conservative inaction and indifference to that racial favoritism.
YEP -- we are all aware that you blame white people, but only those white people that are Republicans (that's what the conservatives are) for all the ills that black people have suffered through eternity.

We "get that" - but you want to know what their "plan" is that is going to do what all these programs that Democrats have legislated for many decades have failed to do. What is it exactly that you want these white (but only the Republican white) people to do.

Tell us please what it is you want.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:23 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Why do you feel the need to keep the race baiting issue open? If anything Conservatives are ambivalent because many of the issues facing minority communities are addressed with band-aid solution making them more dependent on a gov't instead of treating them as equals. So who's oppressing who?

I'm not conservative - nor am I liberal - but from reading the forums for the past year - I see a lot of name calling - primarily from libs - race baiting - prim by libs - refusal or ignorance in answering questions posed to them - libs. You think they are supportive of civil rights but most have no clue as to why they support it.

Is there still racism - yes - but the racism I think is more one sided - blacks against whites because they are told how much the Rep or Conservatives are trying to keep them down. Everyone no matter what your race or skin color has every opportunity available to them - if they choose not to use it - you can't blame Conservatives.
Perfectly said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies