Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 04:37 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
The conservative attitude: America is the land of opportunity and if people can't take the opportunity then too bad. The tough truth is that our social mobility is not anywhere near what it once was. There are going to be lots of poor in this country, and should the government do something to help them or only focus on its high-income interests (bloated medical spending, unnecessary military projects, etc.)?

If you're on here fighting to cut out $40 billion of welfare but have no problem with $400 billion projects to build tanks and planes that we don't need, you have some flawed logic.

I have a problem with both too much welfare spending and too much military spending and I am a conservative.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,798,952 times
Because most minorities don't vote for them.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:53 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,536,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
I think the answer is easy. Conservative white people don't like black people.

All of this rambling on with paragraph detailed answers is pointless and edging around the simple answer.

Perfect example is today, 50th anniversary of MLK march.

Find me one white conservative male who's said anything positively about it on the internet.

The two white conservative Presidents won't be speaking, and you will see no white conservatives at the event.

White conservatives make no effort to show any good will towards black Americans, so they should not be surprised when there are no blacks who will give them the time of day.
Since this event was sponsored by the NAACP, do you really think they invited conservatives? I didn't see any black conservatives there either.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You conservatives truly sicken me with your lies. Dr. Ben Carson has been a celebrity in the black community for decades. conservatives discover him last week and now its black Americans who reject him?
Go look up the magazine covers, the ben carson as role model stories and articles. Go look up the Dr. Ben Carson high school, its in Detroit. Go look up the awards he has received from black organizations.
SMH.
But now that he is a known conservative he will be viewed differently. Now he's the enemy.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No, Dr. Carson is still fine right now. I bet you right now this year he has spoken at events thrown by black organizations. Seriously, his bone headed political beliefs are kind of irrelevant.
He spoke in Raleigh - for a conservative black organization.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is something I've noticed and wondered about for a while now. People who tend to be the most supportive of civil rights--regardless of the group--tend to be those on the left. While conservatives tend to be, at best, ambivalent about things like voting rights or issues facing minority communities. Many naively seem to think that there are no racial problems anymore in the United States, and that things like Civil Rights laws are no longer necessary--something which baffles me.

Any thoughts?
We does see groups based on skin color....and the leftist who do push the civil rights BS dont want to help anyone, why would the help lift a group out of poverty when they could exploit them political..they stand in the way of true help IE school vouchers, firearm rights for those who live in high crime areas, ect//

Old 08-28-2013, 11:28 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
I just see issues not minority vs majority (race, gender, religon) issues. I like Obama as much as I like Hillary Clinton, not much. It's what they do, not what color their skin is.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,447,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
Obama when he tried to start trouble with the Trayvon case
Why is that so hurtful to white people?

Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is something I've noticed and wondered about for a while now. People who tend to be the most supportive of civil rights--regardless of the group--tend to be those on the left. While conservatives tend to be, at best, ambivalent about things like voting rights or issues facing minority communities. Many naively seem to think that there are no racial problems anymore in the United States, and that things like Civil Rights laws are no longer necessary--something which baffles me.

Any thoughts?
I think you need to look at your history. Liberals tried to prevent civil rights, while it was the republicans who voted it into law.

Additionally, we all know there are issues, racial, religious, ethnic, etc... We simply choose to treat everyone equally instead of making any specific group special.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:17 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
The racists are people who hide behind the non-existent problem of "voter fraud" which they themselves invented to erect barriers to voting by minorities.

Period.
There have been several posts in this thread above listing specific cases of voter fraud, and still you claim it's a non-existent problem. Do you honestly believe that? In all countries around the world that allow voting, there is something in place to prevent fraud. In some countries they only allow voting on election day, and voters must dip their finger in blue ink to prevent them from voting again. Remember those images of voters in the first election after Saddam Hussein was toppled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies