Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Again I disagree - many of the programs proposed and suggested by Democrats has only continued racism and not made them equal in the eyes of American people but dependent on those of us who work and pay taxes.
That's all we hear is blacks can't do this, blacks can't do that. Can't even get a voter ID. Democrats encourage the victim card when people should tell them to shut up.

Go about life just like everyone else, working, raising a family.... I worked with some of the hardest working black people and they never breathed a peep or an accusation of racism. They got in the thick of it with everyone else, we were all a team to get the job done. We breaked together, joked together, went out together after work, no one "forced" anyone on anyone.

Just give the racism screeching a break, shame the blacks (just as we whites should be shamed) when living off the dole. Tell Democrats to stop treating people like babies.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:08 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Conservatives think people should be judged based on their character, not skin color. Seeing race in everything goes against that. There should be rights for everyone, and to single out rights for a particular race makes you a racist. Thinking a certain race is too stupid, poor, etc. to get voter ID makes you a racist.

Now, who is the problem? It's not conservatives.
Brilliant!

Old 08-28-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Like I said earlier, white conservatives just don't like black people.

You have white conservatives on this forum who have been trolling about MLK all day long, one reducing MLK to just being a soundbite and not worthy of any praise.

You group blacks by what a few do, I group white conservatives by what other white conservatives do.
No, you have an issue with your color and read everything to support "your" negative mindset. What you think you will seek to support.

As for Martin Luther King he is someone to be proud of but the activist of today are stuck back in the dark ages. You need a new Martin Luther King who is with the times, one that doesn't play on your negativity so they can keep raking in the dough while you remain poor. Dr. Benjamin Carson would make an excellent MLK of today yet you reject him, why? Because you would rather continue with your negative thinking keeping you where you are. Change is scary but would have better results.

Get rid of the chip on your shoulder because it is heavy, keeps you angry and not helping you in life. Life is too short!

Old 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,143 times
[quote=Iamme73;31167774]
Generally speaking, this is a crock.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:24 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
[quote=residinghere2007;31168671]In general, I do believe that many conservatives and especially Republicans feel that race has no bearing on anything anymore in our society. A lot of them view legitimate claims of discrimination as "whining" due to specific talking points they hear from conservative media outlets. I am neither a conservative nor a liberal, and I am black. And FWIW, I do have an equal view of both extreme liberals and conservatives. And like many conservatives have mentioned in this thread, a lot of liberals believe that minorities and especially black people are inferior beings in a way as they do not feel that we can solve any problems without their assistance. Conservatives think that liberals have kept us in poverty even though poverty levels among black people in particular have been cut in half, not because of welfare either, I will give them that, but because the discriminatory laws put into practice in order to relegate black people as second class citizens was challenged (by both white and black people amongst others) and these laws were repealed allowing black people more freedom and opportunity in our day to day lives.

I'd be happy to respond to your questions but first you made very valid points and I appreciate that. As I've said before - I'm not a right winger but a Dem for the last 37 years. By band-aids - I feel like many of the social programs were just that - instead of doing something to change the situation of the poor by focusing on better job training, internships ect.. it was easier to provide money and other freebies with no time restrictions thus covering up the problem instead of healing it. It's definitely not a conservative talking point but personal experiences I've experienced while volunteering in the poorer areas.

Now the black on white comment - again not a talking point but a reality - the word racism today is almost always associated with a black on white or white on black crime. Although there are many crimes perpetrated by Asians, Hispanics ect.. you don't hear the word racism often through the media - which is primarily liberal - concerning these situations. I listen to both sides also and see the disparities after researching many of the talking points on the net. I find more often than not that the liberal media tends to be like the rag magazines and their headlines tainted or they go to press before receiving confirmation about a story like they use to have to obtain in the old days before something was published.

I like to get all sides of various issues and contrary to what you are stating, black people don't really pay all that much attention to conservative whites in our own media outlets. Black people also do not blame everything on white conservatives either.

On this I'll disagree with you, although I don't believe that black people pay attention to conservative whites - they do pay attention to the liberal media and figures like Jesse Jackson, who I use to admire, and Al Sharpton - and they both have very firm ideas about Reps, conservatives and whites - sorry.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:29 PM

[quote=xray731;31174070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In general, I do believe that many conservatives and especially Republicans feel that race has no bearing on anything anymore in our society. A lot of them view legitimate claims of discrimination as "whining" due to specific talking points they hear from conservative media outlets. I am neither a conservative nor a liberal, and I am black. And FWIW, I do have an equal view of both extreme liberals and conservatives. And like many conservatives have mentioned in this thread, a lot of liberals believe that minorities and especially black people are inferior beings in a way as they do not feel that we can solve any problems without their assistance. Conservatives think that liberals have kept us in poverty even though poverty levels among black people in particular have been cut in half, not because of welfare either, I will give them that, but because the discriminatory laws put into practice in order to relegate black people as second class citizens was challenged (by both white and black people amongst others) and these laws were repealed allowing black people more freedom and opportunity in our day to day lives.

I'd be happy to respond to your questions but first you made very valid points and I appreciate that. As I've said before - I'm not a right winger but a Dem for the last 37 years. By band-aids - I feel like many of the social programs were just that - instead of doing something to change the situation of the poor by focusing on better job training, internships ect.. it was easier to provide money and other freebies with no time restrictions thus covering up the problem instead of healing it. It's definitely not a conservative talking point but personal experiences I've experienced while volunteering in the poorer areas.

Now the black on white comment - again not a talking point but a reality - the word racism today is almost always associated with a black on white or white on black crime. Although there are many crimes perpetrated by Asians, Hispanics ect.. you don't hear the word racism often through the media - which is primarily liberal - concerning these situations. I listen to both sides also and see the disparities after researching many of the talking points on the net. I find more often than not that the liberal media tends to be like the rag magazines and their headlines tainted or they go to press before receiving confirmation about a story like they use to have to obtain in the old days before something was published.

I like to get all sides of various issues and contrary to what you are stating, black people don't really pay all that much attention to conservative whites in our own media outlets. Black people also do not blame everything on white conservatives either.

On this I'll disagree with you, although I don't believe that black people pay attention to conservative whites - they do pay attention to the liberal media and figures like Jesse Jackson, who I use to admire, and Al Sharpton - and they both have very firm ideas about Reps, conservatives and whites - sorry.
Hard to read. Not sure where you begin. see your post.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You can't show any evidence of voter fraud, can you? Because none exists. But you are in favor of voter disenfranchisement, one step at a time.

You create a problem where none exists.
You're very naive. Ever hear of ACORN? What do you think ACORN does every election cycle?

Explain how requiring voter ID, which is either a drivers license, or a license bureau issued ID card for non-drivers, disenfranchise any group? What it does do, is help to ensure the integrity of our elections (one vote per person, and no dead people voting).

Are you against protecting the integrity of our elections? Why are Democrats opposed to ensuring electoral integrity, unless they are engaging in fraud?

Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
No, you have an issue with your color and read everything to support "your" negative mindset. What you think you will seek to support.

As for Martin Luther King he is someone to be proud of but the activist of today are stuck back in the dark ages. You need a new Martin Luther King who is with the times, one that doesn't play on your negativity so they can keep raking in the dough while you remain poor. Dr. Benjamin Carson would make an excellent MLK of today yet you reject him, why? Because you would rather continue with your negative thinking keeping you where you are. Change is scary but would have better results.

Get rid of the chip on your shoulder because it is heavy, keeps you angry and not helping you in life. Life is too short!

Love Dr. Carson - I hope they are priming him to run for the Presidency because I believe he's a man of conviction.

Now we'll probably have someone calling him an Uncle Tom/

Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:

More right wing stereotypes of blacks.

I have a chip on my shoulder now apparently.

I am also mixed race btw, not black nor white.

Its your people who reduced MLK to a soundbite. Why dont you work on shutting up your people if you ever want to get minorities to join your cause.

Racial comments like yours and other white conservatives are why you continue to be ignored by blacks and other minorities.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:39 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:

You conservatives truly sicken me with your lies. Dr. Ben Carson has been a celebrity in the black community for decades. conservatives discover him last week and now its black Americans who reject him?
Go look up the magazine covers, the ben carson as role model stories and articles. Go look up the Dr. Ben Carson high school, its in Detroit. Go look up the awards he has received from black organizations.
SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies