Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
There is evidence of voter fraud, an elections worker in the Cincinnati, OH are was just convicted of 6 counts of voter fraud for both voting in person, and voting via absentee ballot, and voting in names of others. There are other cases out there in the legal process now, and in all cases, the accused parties are Democrats. You can continue to stick your head in the sand and say voter fraud doesn't exist, but people will not stand for false allegations of voter suppression by requiring a photo ID that is provided for free by the state. Here is the one thing no Dem has been able to answer yet, how is requiring a photo ID, that is already required for many everyday transactions going to limit the rights or abilities of a single person legally entitled to vote?
It is false that in all cases the fraud was
Democratic .

Old 08-28-2013, 09:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Why are conservatives so ambivalent toward minorities and racial issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

Any thoughts?

My thought is that widespread GOP efforts to disenfranchise minority voters is hardly ambivalence.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:37 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Isn't this is a catch 22? If a person's identity is not being checked at the voting booth, then how can anyone document the identity of the person whose is voting as someone else?
Voter fraud is reported all the time. (Gee, I wonder by whom?) Unfortunately for cons, it's always found to be non-fraudulent.

Interesting reading:

Quote:
Widespread voter fraud not an issue in NC, data shows

RALEIGH, N.C. -
One of the more compelling arguments for voter identification is the suppression of voter fraud. But for North Carolina, the number of cases of voter fraud reported by the state Board of Elections is minimal.

In 2012, nearly 7 million ballots were cast in the general and two primary elections. Of those 6,947,317 ballots, the state Board of Elections said 121 alleged cases of voter fraud were referred to the appropriate district attorney's office.

That means of the nearly 7 million votes cast, voter fraud accounted for 0.00174 percent of the ballots.

Looking back at the 2010 election cycle -- which was not a presidential year -- 3.79 million ballots were cast and only 28 cases of voter fraud were turned over to the appropriate DA's office. So in 2010, voter fraud accounted for 0.000738 percent of ballots cast.

The state Board of Elections acknowledges that far more cases of voter fraud are reported each voting cycle. But the majority of those cases are deemed unfounded and never referred to the DA's office.
Widespread voter fraud not an issue in NC, data shows - WNCN: News, Weather for Raleigh. Durham, Fayetteville

Quote:
In November 2011, I telephoned the N.C. Board of Elections in Raleigh, requesting documentation on the number of suspected fraud cases in N.C. by year starting in 2000 through 2010. In response to my inquiry, I received a chart listing types of voter fraud, the number of cases referred to respective district attorney’s office by type for each year 2000 through 2010.

Additionally, the letter related “the State Board of Elections, to the greatest extent permitted by resources, investigates all allegations of voter fraud. Most allegations prove to be unfounded, lack criminal intent, or cannot be substantiated; however, we refer matters to the appropriate district attorney’s office for their consideration.” This is, incidentally, consistent with a five-year voter fraud study, 2000 through 2007, conducted by the US Department of Justice, President George W. Bush Administration.

Conclusion: There were 86 suspected fraud cases found out of 300 million votes cast. FACT: There is no substantiated evidence that voter fraud has compromised the integrity of our election process, state or national.

COLUMN: Upon examination, voter fraud in NC is rare - Columns - Gaston Gazette

And:

Quote:
While McCrory referred to the law as a "safeguard" against voter fraud, there is scarce evidence of it in North Carolina. The state's Board of Elections has referred only two cases of alleged voter impersonation fraud since 2004 to prosecutors.
N.C. sued soon after voter ID bill signed into law - CBS News

And:

Texas voter fraud:

Four according to this article, out of 500,000 ballots cast -- .0008%

PolitiFact Texas | Greg Abbott says state proved in court that more than 200 dead people voted in the latest Texas elections

104 in the entire state since 2000:

Voter ID laws: A state-by-state map reveals how much voter fraud there is in the United States—almost none. - Slate Magazine

Research is our friend. Not your friend, perhaps, if your goal is to deceive Americans into thinking voter fraud is rampant so you can disenfranchise minorities, the young and the elderly, but still an excellent way to prove con deceit.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:44 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,790,707 times
Quote:
This is something I've noticed and wondered about for a while now. People who tend to be the most supportive of civil rights--regardless of the group--tend to be those on the left. While conservatives tend to be, at best, ambivalent about things like voting rights or issues facing minority communities. Many naively seem to think that there are no racial problems anymore in the United States, and that things like Civil Rights laws are no longer necessary--something which baffles me.

Any thoughts?
Conservatives don't believe in special rights for any group of people, only equality for all. It is maintained that things like affirmative action, or redistricting areas so the minority vote will be stronger than it would be normally are unethical. They believe affirmative action at one time, served its purpose, but now its time to be done with it. It is not believed that minorities are in any way prohibited from voting anywhere. What many conservatives are guilty of, is spreading lies, such that people will believe that same sex marriage for instance will destroy traditional heterosexual marriage.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:52 AM

945 posts, read 969,180 times
Quote:
This is something I've noticed and wondered about for a while now. People who tend to be the most supportive of civil rights--regardless of the group--tend to be those on the left. While conservatives tend to be, at best, ambivalent about things like voting rights or issues facing minority communities. Many naively seem to think that there are no racial problems anymore in the United States, and that things like Civil Rights laws are no longer necessary--something which baffles me.

Any thoughts?
Yes, logical whites realize the country has embraced an Anti-White agenda that is overlooking meritorious achievement and replacing it with affirmative action for all the protected classes.

So we have a black President/AG/EPA/Czars/Judges etc all appointed under a democratically elected POTUS and you are claiming blacks need an arbitrary leg up? Get real and put the bong dong.

My god, you are older than me and clearly have been coddled and told everything is everyone else's fault and everyone fails or succeeds not due to their own action but someone else's, which doesn't surprise me that you have this entitlement approach and zero substance to your argument.

Anti-white institutional racism is the most disgusting and rampant form of racism in 2013 and people need to wake the F up and take back the reigns of this country before it is ruined for good.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:08 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Reality"?

1. So when you apply for a job, do you not understand that you are given preferential treatment as a minority?
I am black. I live in a predominately black area and was not given preferential treatment as a minority. Oddly enough, the company I work for seeks to hire white people since they are an underrepresented minority in our company.

2. So when you apply to schools, do you not understand that you are admitted over more qualified students due to your skin color? I went to an HBCU as did an overwhelming number of black college graduates in our country so we were not admitted over any more qualified students due to skin color.

3. Do you not understand that you are given scholarships over more qualified students due to your skin color? I received a UNCF scholarship at my HBCU (this was the largest, but I received others because I am a self describe "scholarship Nazi" and went to great lengths to apply to 30 scholarships and foundations for assistance with obtaining my last two years of college. I didn't want to take out any more loans. A white student who goes to the institution I went to is also eligible to receive a general fund UNCF scholarship if they maintain a 2.5 GPA. UNCF scholarships focus primarily on UNCF member schools that are HBCUs, race of the students do not matter.

4. Do you not realize that firing a minority, even for poor job performance, is more difficult, simply due to skin color? I have fired plenty of black people for job performance. It was no more difficult than firing the few white people (one actually did try to sue and lost).

How about stop making excuses and actually taking personal responsibility? Oh............. sorry........I forgot- this is 2013, Obama is in power, and the US is the most "racist" nation on the planet. If the US is the most racist nation on the planet, it is because of people like you and not Obama.
Responses in bold.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,838,522 times
I think the answer is easy. Conservative white people don't like black people.

All of this rambling on with paragraph detailed answers is pointless and edging around the simple answer.

Perfect example is today, 50th anniversary of MLK march.

Find me one white conservative male who's said anything positively about it on the internet.

The two white conservative Presidents won't be speaking, and you will see no white conservatives at the event.

White conservatives make no effort to show any good will towards black Americans, so they should not be surprised when there are no blacks who will give them the time of day.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:29 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

All of this rambling on with paragraph detailed answers is pointless and edging around the simple answer.

Find me one white conservative male who's said anything positively about it on the internet.

The two white conservative Presidents won't be speaking, and you will see no white conservatives at the event.

White conservatives make no effort to show any good will towards black Americans, so they should not be surprised when there are no blacks who will give them the time of day.
Exactly, we spend all of this time tip toeing around the obvious.

I use stronger language. I think in general conservatives hate non white people especially black people.

I think conservatives generally speaking see non white people as destroying their nation. I think conservatives see the demographic changes and are horrified and terrified by them.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:33 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It is false that in all cases the fraud was
Democratic .
Can you show me an example where a Republican was convicted of voter/elections fraud in the 2012 presidential election?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:21 PM

63,000 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

Just more nonsense to stereotype an entire group. Racists calling others racists. Hmm.

I am a white conservative and have nothing against any minorities. The only ones I have a problem with are those here illegally and their racist supporters. I will be watching in awe of MLK's speech today. I wish our black-Americans success in life and they should be treated as equals. Is that positive enough for you? As for your claims that no white conservatives will watch his speech or be at the event it is just an assumption on your part and based on your own narrow minded view instilled by by the race baiters. Congratulations on drinking the Kool-Aid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies