Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 12:34 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Many hispanic businesses deal with hispanic citizens in primarily hispanic communities, meaning one must be bilingual.

Also many whites will hire a white person just because of race, and 80 percent of hiring managers are white according to a 2006 study I found.

This is the rigged game I talk about. Whites in place to hire there white friends, even if they are less qualified than minority candidates.

Remove the white hiring manager(who rigs it) is the obvious answer.
Baloney! It isn't only in Hispanic communities that Hispanics prefer hiring other Hispanics. Let's take the construction industry for example. Those jobs have been taken over by Hispanic foremen and their fellow Hispanics (many of them here illegally). Most Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English so there would be no need to hire them for being bi-lingual it is ethnic based and you know it. Hell, non-Spanish speaking Americans including whites and blacks are being discriminated in hiring practices because they aren't "bi-lingual". Bi-lingual for what? Oh, that's right many illegals don't speak English.

What about AA where minorities are favored over whites even if he or she is more qualified? Pot, kettle, black. My point is that discrimination goes both ways.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:36 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And you do realize that that vote was before the mass migration of southern bigots into the Republican party, right?

Appears to me you like stereotyping

Sent from my Nexus 4

Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I don't get it either. If a state passes a law for a photo ID to vote, and provides people a free ID from the local DMV, how is this racist? If you ask me, the racists are the ones who assume non-whites are so ignorant and pathetic, that they don't know how to spell DMV, much less find it on a map.
Exactly.

The left thrive one "the soft bigotry of low expectations".

I know that people are quite capable of getting to an office where they can get ID.

Lefties feel as though people need to be spoon fed everything.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
As Canadian, I don't see what the issue is providing ID at the polling station. We do it all the time.

All the chatter about some groups of society not being able to get that ID, is just BS. Seeing those groups can get it here in Canada, what the heck is stopping them from getting it in the USA?

It seems that some people and organizations just like to create a controversy when there shouldn't be one.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Appears to me you like stereotyping

Sent from my Nexus 4
Nope, just facts.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:45 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
But we aren't discussing Democrats. I was responding to a specific poster who was making a specific point about why conservatives oppose what they oppose. I wanted to show the fraudulence of the conservative position.
Okay. I thought that when you mocked conservatives you implied that the liberal side of the aisle had a solution. That just seemed unlikely given your accurate description of the ling standing problem.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:46 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Okay. I thought that when you mocked conservatives you implied that the liberal side of the aisle had a solution. That just seemed unlikely given your accurate description of the ling standing problem.
I didn't imply anything.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I didn't imply anything.
That's why I said, "I thought."

Anyway, going back to your post, the other poster was not saying he or conservatives had "a plan." That poster gave a valid perspective on the differences between the approaches to which you replied asking for a plan. I pointed out that neither side has shown an effective plan. Rather than acknowledge that point, you chose to mock one side of the aisle which indicates more interest in partisan bashing than dealing with the issue in any realistic way, but okay, you "didn't imply anything."

Old 08-29-2013, 12:59 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Baloney! It isn't only in Hispanic communities that Hispanics prefer hiring other Hispanics. Let's take the construction industry for example. Those jobs have been taken over by Hispanic foremen and their fellow Hispanics (many of them here illegally). Most Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English so there would be no need to hire them for being bi-lingual it is ethnic based and you know it. Hell, non-Spanish speaking Americans including whites and blacks are being discriminated in hiring practices because they aren't "bi-lingual". Bi-lingual for what? Oh, that's right many illegals don't speak English.

What about AA where minorities are favored over whites even if he or she is more qualified? Pot, kettle, black. My point is that discrimination goes both ways.
Goes both ways, but whites get away with rampant discrimination and minorities get away with minor discrimination. Employment numbers prove that.

AA doesnt benefit minorities, it benefits white women.

I think the easy solution would be that the demos should reflect the city the business is in. Remove hiring manager bias from whites and more minorities will be employed.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That's why I said, "I thought."

Anyway, going back to your post, the other poster was not saying he or conservatives had "a plan." That poster gave a valid perspective on the differences between the approaches to which you replied asking for a plan. I pointed out that neither side has shown an effective plan. Rather than acknowledge that point, you chose to mock one side of the aisle which indicates more interest in partisan bashing than dealing with the issue in any realistic way, but okay, you "didn't imply anything."
It is invalid. If conservatives are against racial favoritism than the clear racial favoritism shown to white Americans in employment over black Americans should deeply trouble them and lead them to say we have to end this rampant racial discrimination, yet it doesn't.

So to me the conservative position is we support racial favoritism for white Americans that clearly exists in the employment market and we oppose any measures to help black Americans overcome that deficit.

It is a despicable position to hold given the actual employment stats that stare anyone in the face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies