Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the gun control measures that NJ has passed?
Yes 24 32.88%
No 49 67.12%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:37 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
How about just the military style weapons that have no other use than killing people ?
what can I do with my handguns other than kill people (and look super tough in selfies)?

is there a reason why you keep saying "military style" instead of pointing out the features that bother you? is that some kind of tactic or are you just really so ignorant that you cant answer the question? it seems like you just want to do something for the sake of doing something. you are probably aware that you don't even have a real position on this issue beyond "people are being killed, we must ban something."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 05:51 PM

478 posts, read 700,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what can I do with my handguns other than kill people (and look super tough in selfies)?

is there a reason why you keep saying "military style" instead of pointing out the features that bother you? is that some kind of tactic or are you just really so ignorant that you cant answer the question? it seems like you just want to do something for the sake of doing something. you are probably aware that you don't even have a real position on this issue beyond "people are being killed, we must ban something."
I'm not interested in getting involved in your distraction games.....You asked a question and I gave a black and white answer. Adding your additional nonsense only distracts from that.....again....military style assault weapons that appear to be the weapon of choice for many mass shooters specifically designed for military use that have no other practical function except to kill lots of people quickly. That's about as clear as I can make it ?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I'm not interested in getting involved in your distraction games.....You asked a question and I gave a black and white answer.
you absolutely did not. you sidestepped the question and gave a very ambiguous answer. so why don't you tell me what specific features makes a hunting rifle ok and a "military style assault rifle" unacceptable? this is important because if you want to differentiate between the two, you need to choose features to ban.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
you absolutely did not. you sidestepped the question and gave a very ambiguous answer. so why don't you tell me what specific features makes a hunting rifle ok and a "military style assault rifle" unacceptable? this is important because if you want to differentiate between the two, you need to choose features to ban.
If you think I'm gonna sit here and list "features"..... Your nuts. I've clarified anything that fits under the roof of "military assault weapon" originally designed for military use for combat....there's no need for the public to have a combat weapon. If that's not enough for you....too bad cause that's all your gonna get.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
If you think I'm gonna sit here and list "features"..... Your nuts.
why is that nuts?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
why is that nuts?
The point of the debate is gun control.....not features on guns. You constantly distract from the focus of the debate with nonsense that does absolutely nothing to finding a solution for increased safety.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
The point of the debate is gun control.....not features on guns. You constantly distract from the focus of the debate with nonsense that does absolutely nothing to finding a solution for increased safety.
gun control doesn't involve the features on guns?

you seem to take serious issue with military style weapons but you are ok with hunting weapons. are you not aware that the things that differentiate those types of guns are "features"?

Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:

you seem to take serious issue with military style weapons but you are ok with hunting weapons. are you not aware that the things that differentiate those types of guns are "features"?
Listen up Captain......if the term military assault style weapon is satisfactory for the President to get the message across to the nation and over 90% of the public seems to grasp the meaning of that term then it should be satisfactory for you.....unless your just dense or attempting to be difficult...... In any case take your nonsense elsewhere or request a list of "features" from the White House.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:56 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:

The Second Amendment doesn't distinguish between types of arms and makes it clear that there shall be no infringements on the right to keep and bear arms.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:44 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The Second Amendment doesn't distinguish between types of arms and makes it clear that there shall be no infringements on the right to keep and bear arms.
What are licenses & background checks then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies