Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 09:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
At what point did I say I had anything off the books?

You know you could actually read the post.

Also you are leaving out weapons that will be taken by troops deserting from who ever you send after us.

70% of the armed forces would either side with us, or not fight and just stand with us.

No creative thought or logical ability, both really bad traits.
Haha, care to wager a bet. You are gonna be sorely disappointed when you see the troops are abandoning the country to fight on your side of your fictional civil war.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Nah, you aren't coming after anything. Having never been in the military I bet you think that if someone in the military is given an order they have to carry out that order irrespective of the constitution. The fact is, such an order would be an illegal order and you could be court martialed for carrying it out. Furthermore, whose children are in the military? Do you really think the military is coming after their parents? Their siblings? No, the only way that could ever happen would be if the military was suspended and we were to fall under UN rule. In which case UN troops would be at a clear disadvantage. I would sure like to buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth. I could retire in the lap of luxury.
The sales tax on that might be able to pay of the national debt.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Nah, you aren't coming after anything. Having never been in the military I bet you think that if someone in the military is given an order they have to carry out that order irrespective of the constitution. The fact is, such an order would be an illegal order and you could be court martialed for carrying it out. Furthermore, whose children are in the military? Do you really think the military is coming after their parents? Their siblings? No, the only way that could ever happen would be if the military was suspended and we were to fall under UN rule. In which case UN troops would be at a clear disadvantage. I would sure like to buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth. I could retire in the lap of luxury.
Actually I come from a military family and am well aware that when you are given an order from your superiors, then you follow that order, not question them. But you go and pretend you would have this advantage in your fictional civil war.

But if you are so sure that you think you would have the upper hand in a civil war, then why not start that civil war you crave so much.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I come from a military family and am well aware that when you are given an order from your superiors, then you follow that order, not question them. But you go and pretend you would have this advantage in your fictional civil war.

But if you are so sure that you think you would have the upper hand in a civil war, then why not start that civil war you crave so much.
People like them have committed the most horrific atrocities in the history of the world.

"I was just following orders" That line never cuts it.

We wont start it because we still believe that we can restore this republic through the ballot box, leftist on the other hand the long blood soaked history of progressive statism.

We will not play into your hands by being the "bad guy".

Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:

If you had a cousin that was a doctor would that qualify you to do brain surgery? You were not in the military and you have no idea what you are talking about. Under the UCMJ (which I am sure you know what that is because you came from a military family) you are not required to carry out an illegal order and can be charged if you do so. Ask one of your family members that is or was actually IN the military. Secondly there you go again making the statement that I want to start a civil war. Again, you are lying (which you seem very adapt at) as there is no statement that I have made that has ever said that is my desire. You spelled out a scenario and I responded to it. I can see I underestimated my value at the time of your sale.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
People like them have committed the most horrific atrocities in the history of the world.

"I was just following orders" That line never cuts it.

We wont start it because we still believe that we can restore this republic through the ballot box, leftist on the other hand the long blood soaked history of progressive statism.

We will not play into your hands by being the "bad guy".
I have a feeling you have never been a part of the military or know much about the military culture. What you think "doesn't cut it" is actually an important thing in the military, if everyone questioned orders the entire military would fall apart and jeopardize the entire safety of the country.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
I have a feeling you have never been a part of the military or know much about the military culture. What you think "doesn't cut it" is actually an important thing in the military, if everyone questioned orders the entire military would fall apart and jeopardize the entire safety of the country.
You are right I am not, I am however a student of history, and any time you have "just obey the orders" you are given and a disarmed populace it always ends in Democide.

The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:

“I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God”

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809.ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the “lawful command of his superior officer,” 891.ART.91 (2), the “lawful order of a warrant officer”, 892.ART.92 (1) the “lawful general order”, 892.ART.92 (2) “lawful order”. In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Did I miss anything freightshaker

Are you unaware of The "Nuremberg Defense"

So if you were order to machine gun a group of pregnant women, I guess you would obey it, right? I mean it is a order?

Seeing how you know less the nothing about the military you would understand this how?

Last edited by gunlover; 11-18-2013 at 10:36 PM..

Old 11-18-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
If you had a cousin that was a doctor would that qualify you to do brain surgery? You were not in the military and you have no idea what you are talking about. Under the UCMJ (which I am sure you know what that is because you came from a military family) you are not required to carry out an illegal order and can be charged if you do so. Ask one of your family members that is or was actually IN the military. Secondly there you go again making the statement that I want to start a civil war. Again, you are lying (which you seem very adapt at) as there is no statement that I have made that has ever said that is my desire. You spelled out a scenario and I responded to it. I can see I underestimated my value at the time of your sale.
Hey, I am not the one who is stupid enough to think I can take on the US Military, I am perfectly happy to not have a civil war in this country while you Couch Rambos sit on your computer and try to pretend you wouldn't poop your pants at the first sign of troops.

Oh and you say that the people in the military won't carry out anything illegal, yet they have and do because they were just following orders.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Hey, I am not the one who is stupid enough to think I can take on the US Military, I am perfectly happy to not have a civil war in this country while you Couch Rambos sit on your computer and try to pretend you wouldn't poop your pants at the first sign of troops.

Oh and you say that the people in the military won't carry out anything illegal, yet they have and do because they were just following orders.
You assume everyone is a coward like you are, and you assume that every troop has not moral compass or loyally to the Constitution like you.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Urbanlife.. Just for you

To Obey or Not to Obey

Read the part about unlawful orders...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies