Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 02:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
How about naming just one of those many you claim the Right has violated? I find it rather difficult to believe since they only have a majority in one house of Congress.

-- Posted with TapaTalk
The right's fight against gay marriage. Fighting against people's rights to vote. Also, Congress didn't just start in 2009. It has been around long before Obama has been president.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
You mean people like George Soros and all the Hollywood liberals?

-- Posted with TapaTalk
You must have forgotten about the Koch Brothers and all the corporate Republicans.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:37 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You must have forgotten about the Koch Brothers and all the corporate Republicans.
I didn't forget about anyone.

Just pointing out that there are PLENTY of rich people pouring money into Democratic coffers just the same as Republican.

Most Wall Street types are Democrats and I'm sure there are just as many Democrat corporate CEOs as there are Republican.

There are more Democratic millionaires in Congress than Republicans as well.

-- Posted with TapaTalk

Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
You mean people like George Soros and all the Hollywood liberals?

-- Posted with TapaTalk
I'd say they balance each other out.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I didn't forget about anyone.

Just pointing out that there are PLENTY of rich people pouring money into Democratic coffers just the same as Republican.

Most Wall Street types are Democrats and I'm sure there are just as many Democrat corporate CEOs as there are Republican.

There are more Democratic millionaires in Congress than Republicans as well.

-- Posted with TapaTalk
Plenty of misinformation in your post. Most wall street types are Democrats? Proof? More Democrat millionaires in Congress than Republican millionaires? When did the Democrats take control of the House cause if you go off numbers alone there are more Republicans than Democrats in Congress right now.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
The right's fight against gay marriage.
The Constitution says nothing about marriage. How is that violating the Constitution? Please specify where the Constitution says anything about who can marry.

Quote:
Fighting against people's rights to vote.
No one is fighting against anyone's right to vote. Voting by all US citizens is something the Right supports.

Now requiring someone to prove they are a citizen is common sense and done in all educated nations.

Why would anyone who believes in holding fair and legal elections be against that unless they want to cheat?

-- Posted with TapaTalk

Old 12-02-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I'd say they balance each other out.
And I would agree with you.

However, I was responding to a poster who said that Citizens United only applies to rich guys who donate to Republicans.

-- Posted with TapaTalk

Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
The Constitution says nothing about marriage. How is that violating the Constitution? Please specify where the Constitution says anything about who can marry.

No one is fighting against anyone's right to vote. Voting by all US citizens is something the Right supports.

Now requiring someone to prove they are a citizen is common sense and done in all educated nations.

Why would anyone who believes in holding fair and legal elections be against that unless they want to cheat?

-- Posted with TapaTalk
The pursuit of happiness, there is no reason gay marriage shouldn't be legal in this country.

And if you believe the right wing support the right to vote, then you are a very naive and overly trusting person.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Plenty of misinformation in your post. Most wall street types are Democrats? Proof? More Democrat millionaires in Congress than Republican millionaires? When did the Democrats take control of the House cause if you go off numbers alone there are more Republicans than Democrats in Congress right now.
No...no misinformation at all. Do some reading. Wall Street voted overwhelmingly for Obama. It's common knowledge Wall St. is primarily Democrat. And a bit more reading will show that there are more Democrat millionaires in Congress than Republican.

-- Posted with TapaTalk

Old 12-02-2013, 02:52 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
And I would agree with you.

However, I was responding to a poster who said that Citizens United only applies to rich guys who donate to Republicans.

-- Posted with TapaTalk
Since they balance each other out there is no reason to restrict the 1st Amendment rights of the rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies