Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 02:33 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,159,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I have a home phone bill service that runs me about $4 a month..
Why...of courrrrse you do..... Let me guess....you also grow potatoes and boil them with water and salt and live off a liquid potato concotion for 37 cents a week and are pissed that everybody alao wont do the same. You also have an elderly aunt from Portugal who sews all your clothes so you never have to buy any clothes, etc

Old 09-20-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How is SNAP a safety net when these same kids need to be fed 3 times a day in school because they are not getting fed at home ?
Happy, are you stillll singing that tired old tune?!

Old 09-20-2013, 02:42 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,633,536 times
Quote:
You didnt answer the question, are you going to send out gift cards for people to buy food if I provide you my address?

Guess its great to talk the talk, but not walk the walk.
No, not gift cards; but I would send you food if you needed it. As well as seeds to grow your OWN food!

Why should I tax my OWN monetary budget by giving you a gift card; when I can give you used clothes that are perfectly fine, homegrown veggies that are heirloom AND organically grown, and seeds and a way to start to take care of yourself. That's the kind of help I give.

Quote:
Its the government responsibility to feed people? Where the hell did you get that bull crap from?
It has been proven TIME and TIME again that a happy, HEALTHY society runs better and is overall in better shape than our gov is currently running.

Quote:
She volunteered to send out a payment, just like the government, so according to your argument, its now her obligation to do so.. Why are you now defending people breaking this imaginary "law" you claim exists when someone does something out of the kindness of their heart?

More charity, once again, out of the kindness of the taxpayers heart

If they volunteer to do so, absolutely.
No, actually, I didn't. Try reading again.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Will you buy me a car? People NEED transportation.
no, no, no.. thats the governments OBLIGATION.

Cant believe people believe this crap..

Old 09-20-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Why...of courrrrse you do..... Let me guess....you also grow potatoes and boil them with water and salt and live off a liquid potato concotion for 37 cents a week and are pissed that everybody alao wont do the same. You also have an elderly aunt from Portugal who sews all your clothes so you never have to buy any clothes, etc
I dont lie...
Ooma Save on International Calling | Free Internet Home Phone Service | Ooma

Nor do I do any of that other crap.. I simply go to the store and buy it with cash using earnings I made from working...

Old 09-20-2013, 03:54 PM

I dont have time to research that phone thingy but in glancing at it, it appears to only work if ots connected to your internet or home extension...does this mean that it is not really like a cellphone that you can use when your in the car or outside your home? Either way, what is your point in this tale? That because you found some obscure service you demand everyone else do the same? If you take such pride in being as cheap as possible, why dont you just live off potatoes and powdered milk? You look wasteful if you dont, you are using too much of our food supply if you eat meat or cheese or ( hides eyes) ever have the nerve to eat chips.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
A 5% decrease in spending over a 10 year period of time for a program that exploded 150% in a 5 year period is hardly worth anyone getting their panties-in-a-bunch over ---
The bill also exempts any family with children.

Time to get cut the " surfer dude" like people.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
I dont have time to research that phone thingy but in glancing at it, it appears to only work if ots connected to your internet or home extension...does this mean that it is not really like a cellphone that you can use when your in the car or outside your home? Either way, what is your point in this tale? That because you found some obscure service you demand everyone else do the same? If you take such pride in being as cheap as possible, why dont you just live off potatoes and powdered milk? You look wasteful if you dont, you are using too much of our food supply if you eat meat or cheese or ( hides eyes) ever have the nerve to eat chips.
Um, no, its not a cell phone, which is why I said HOME phone bill.

I havent demanded anyone use it, I simply said I use it to only pay $4 a month, rather than $200 for cell phone service..

If you dont have the money to pay for crap, YOU CUT BACK WHERE YOU CAN... rather than insisting the government is somehow obligated to provide it for you.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:14 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Won't pass the Senate or Whitehouse and just another indicator that the GOP is committing a slow form of suicide, kinda sad to watch actually, there was a day I repected the GOP, those days are over.
Which is curious, since the GOP received a 60+ year landslide turnover election in 2010, given control of the house, specifically to repeal 0bamaCare, and reverse the out of control federal deficit spending, and yet they have not controlled spending and not repealed 0bamacare. they have given 0bama 90% of everything he wants.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:16 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,379,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
That's nice I don't want to spend my money on paving the street in front of your house you pay for it, I don't like the police protecting you or your property you have the money hire a security guard. If your house is on fire use your own water provided by a well or stream and please don't call the firefighters I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR YOU ! You see how that selfishness works out ?
What an idiotic comparison, but typical of the left. So you somehow think that services I PAY FOR is the same thing as give aways that people on welfare and food stamps don't? Brilliant.

FYI (since you're clueless) the police DON'T protect anyones property or person, that isn't their job and they have no responsibility to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies