Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 10:55 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
An assertion of such magnitude without a shred of supporting evidence is absolutely meaningless.

Put up or be quiet.
I don't agree with you often, but I am 100% in agreement on this issue. Show us the evidence.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:57 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
I agree with OP in that we should at least question the official story.
oy vey.

there . is . no . such. thing. as. an. official . story.

there is a COMMON narrative of what led up to the events of 911
There are several SCIENTIFIC reports and independent studies that described what caused the towers to collapse.

The common narrative and the reports have EVIDENCE (what truthers severley lack), that support them.

Quote:
There's too much shady stuff about that day.
funny how you don't list this "shady stuff".

Or is it common to see two fully fueled 767 jetliners crash into 110 story office buildings at 300mph?

Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
oh boy this long debunked lie by a 911 truther? of course, they have to trot out the bin laden family rumor

Bin Laden's family publicly DISOWNED OSAMA in the 1990's - they didn't agree with what he was doing

USATODAY.com - Binladin family disowned Osama bin Laden

and they weren't "swiftly" flown out of the country, unless you think 1 week is "swift"

Bin Laden family flight - 911myths
First of all, I'm not a 911 "truther". I deal with facts-and the fact is that 15 of the 19 Hijackers were Saudi and our Government proceeded to invade Iraq and Afghanistan-our Country has a compromising relationship with Saudi Arabia and Israel IMO.

Maybe you should read the links that you post.

"In a related claim, Craig Unger has said that internal flights within the US were used by Saudi VIPs on September 13th, when restrictions on air travel still applied, and in this case one of those on a later flight (Prince Ahmed bin Salman bin Abdul Aziz) may indeed have known about the attacks, at least according to a later account."

Old 09-20-2013, 11:03 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,764 times
It doesn't really add up.
The simple math, 4 planes went up, 3 buildings were hit, 4 buildings destroyed. Seems to me like something's off there.

Keep in mind before you are so quick to say "shut up and believe what you're told" Not EVERYONE who says "there's more to this than meets the eye" is a conspiracy theorist who believes Rumsfeld, Cheney & Bush helped Bin Laden plan everything.

In fact, I'm of the opinion that it might be something as simple as concern over the idea that the security breach was so vast that the government didn't want to feed people's paranoia.

Example:
Let's say that on 9/12 they discovered that explosives had in fact been planted in the towers. The obvious question would be "How the HELL did we let that happen?" Then the next statement would be "We can NOT let anyone know that we were this blind" So the facts got hidden in an attempt to not have a complete and utter loss of trust in the capabilities of the US government.

Is that really THAT far fetched? As far fetched as believing that engine oil splashed over onto WTC7 collapsing it? Or whatever the story is behind how WTC7 fell?

Let's say that we were told everything. And we do in fact know the whole story. It's still a huge breach in national security, but AFAIK no one was punished or fired over it. That seems odd.

Again, I don't believe that 9-11 was an inside job, but I also don't believe we know the whole truth.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:05 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
........". I deal with facts-and the fact is that 15 of the 19 Hijackers were Saudi and our Government proceeded to invade Iraq and Afghanistan-...................

"In a related claim, Craig Unger has said that internal flights within the US were used by Saudi VIPs on September 13th, when restrictions on air travel still applied, and in this case one of those on a later flight (Prince Ahmed bin Salman bin Abdul Aziz) may indeed have known about the attacks, at least according to a later account."
that is like saying a christian extremists blew up a abortion clinic...and since the extremist was from NY (even though his church is in georgia) we should invade NY

fact is ALQ was HEADQUARTERED in afgan...the fact that those extremists were BORN in saudi make NO DIFFERENCE

and NO-ONE was allowed to fly on the 13th...a big time lie of the twoofers

Old 09-20-2013, 11:06 AM

511 posts, read 799,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin_Dallas View Post
A new national poll reveals that 1 in 2 Americans have doubts about the official 9/11 story. And why not? It's not a crime to question the truth. It's not a crime to try to educate yourself about what really happened. One of the most glaring facts is that kerosene(jet fuel) can not burn hot enough to compromise the strength of structural steel. Also, there's sort of the obvious; 3 towers collapsed at freefall speed into their own footprint. Uh, ok. Because that's what happens when steel buildings catch on fire, right. No. That's not what happens and that's never happened in the history of steel buildings. Witnesses reported hearing successive explosions and then watched the towers collapse. Explosives brought the towers down, not planes. And no plane even struck WTC 7.
And how many steel buildings the size of the WTC have you seen collaspe via natural causes?

Besides, the plane impact weakened the steel structures.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:06 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
It doesn't really add up.
The simple math, 4 planes went up, 3 buildings were hit, 4 buildings destroyed. Seems to me like something's off there.
actually over 18 buildings were destroyed/demolished/collapsed/partial collapse that day

why do you just dismiss: the marriot was completely destroyed, as was St. Nicholas Eastern orthodox church..and 18 other buildings

Old 09-20-2013, 11:09 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
fact is ALQ was HEADQUARTERED in afgan...the fact that those extremists were BORN in saudi make NO DIFFERENCE
The point is that Saudi Arabia most likely FUNDED the attack. That is the most important question that was never answered or even investigated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
that is like saying a christian extremists blew up a abortion clinic...and since the extremist was from NY (even though his church is in georgia) we should invade NY
It would be more like saying 15 out of 19 extemists from New York blew up an abortion clinic. Their Church was located in Georgia but the funds to implement the attack were received from New York.

I wouldn't invade anywhere but I would be WAY more concerned with what was going on in New York than Georgia.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:11 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Your blog references are about as believable as your theory or whatever you want to call it. Just because you read something on a blog doesn't make it true? Didn't your daddy teach you to believe nothing you hear and about 1/2 of what you see?
It's a good thing to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brain falls out.

I'll never understand the urge among certain highly excitable people to reflexively question everything they're told, all the time, while simulaneously swallowing the most absurd and fanciful "alternate" versions of events hook, line, and sinker.

Question for the conspiracy kooks: since you assume that CNN and every other news outlet is systematically lying to you, what makes you so sure that Alex Jones isn't also lying to you?

Old 09-20-2013, 11:12 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
First of all, I'm not a 911 "truther".
You repeated a known 9/11 truther lie - you are a truther

A 5 second search on google would have shown you that it was a lie, but instead you posted it without verifying that it was lie to begin with.

Quote:
I deal with facts-and the fact is that 15 of the 19 Hijackers were Saudi and our Government proceeded to invade Iraq and Afghanistan-our Country has a compromising relationship with Saudi Arabia and Israel IMO. Maybe you should read the links that you post.
You deal with facts, but you went ahead and posted a known lie as if it were fact. And this paragraph is a whole lot of nonsense, which had nothing to do with each other

1) 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi Nationals

2) WE invaded Iraq because of the report of WMD's being hosted there, and that they were harboring some members of the Taliban/Al Quaeda, despite reports that IRAQ was wholly against those terrorists groups.

One had nothing to do with other.

Quote:

Bandar was under extreme pressure in the immediate time after the attacks. 15 of the 19 were identified as Saudis, and that only added to the pressure, since the US had just been able to establish a good reationship with Saudi Arabia. He was mortified to now have to be on the DEFENSIVE to dissuade undeserved anger/ire that he and his nation would receive after 9/11

A summary on 911 myths.com doesn't do justice the original article that explained the situation:

The great escape - Salon.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies