Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:48 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,339 times

Advertisements

What kind of ****ing moral authority do we think we have to punish Syria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 07:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
What kind of ****ing moral authority do we think we have to punish Syria?
Or Germany either??? Right??

Old 09-22-2013, 07:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I don't see it as anything the USA should do a thing about. It is not any of our business is it? Obama wanted to look like a big shot and he botched it bad. First thing that fool wanted to do was bomb them, and before he knew who was responsible.

Certainly the USA isn't responsible for every dirt bag back water banana republic are we?
I believe in American Exceptionalism..

Old 09-22-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Then you're a fool because, in recent history, we've not given the world any reason to believe so.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Or Germany either??? Right??
We punished germany and handed over a whole bunch of europe to our allies the soviets. How many did they kill again?

Old 09-22-2013, 08:02 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Didn't take long for a liberal to bring George W. Bush into the discussion.

Ask me if i'm surprised.
Are you surprised?

Are you as surprised as the liberals here are that you start yet another whiny anti-Obama thread of little/no merit?

No where does the US Constitution come remotely close to tasking the US as the world police, your complaint we 'failed' (HINT: You can't fail at a job that isn't yours) to act as such not with standing.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:06 PM

"I believe in American exceptionalism"

Translation: America is held to a different standard, one which allows us to invade sovereign nations based upon false pretenses, fabricated intelligence, and corporate greed. This standard also allows us to wage wars of virtue, even though our television airwaves are polluted with 20-somethings who can't keep their dicks in their pants, females who can't keep their pants on, all speaking a language which is unintelligible by anyone why half a brain, and all who probably couldn't blow below 3 times the legal limit on any given day.

Oh, and let us not all forget how "exceptional" we must be as a nation if our elected leaders felt the need to create a framework of legislation so intentionally oppressive, that we would incarcerate a higher percentage of our people than any other nation on Earth.

That term is useful for nothing more than ignorant, uninformed Americans stroking each other's egos with some meaningless platitude, thus giving them the ability fabricate a level of sociopathic thinking so they can ****ing sleep at night.

Exceptional my god damn ass.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:15 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,608 times
Quote:
I somehow don't think American exceptionalism means what you think it means. It has nothing to do with this country being the world's policeman. Perhaps you can post your conclusive evidence that Assad gave the order. Once doing that perhaps you can post your plan as to how the U.S. should punish him. Frankly I'm not so sure he even rates the top 10 of d-bag murderous scum ruling countries at the present time.
Now has the U.S completely mishandled the Syrian civil war? I think pretty much from the get go but this country has been engaged in wrong headed foreign policy for generations.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:37 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Not sure I get the gist of the OP's post.
Assad crossed the red line. Obama personally threatened to bomb the crap out of the Syrian Military structure and give the rebels a decided edge. Obama goes to Russia for an economic meeting and has a closed door meeting with Vladimir Putin. A few days later, Russia and Syria announce that Syria will hand over all it's chemical weapons for destruction under the auspices of the UN. On Friday as per the agreement, Syria handed over a detailed list of their chemical weapons to the UN.

Seems that our president made some tasty omelets out of broken eggs.

What's not to like?

Oh, I get it. Obama hit's one out of the international park. Very bad for republicans. Must put negative spin, spin, spin.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not sure I get the gist of the OP's post.
Assad crossed the red line. Obama personally threatened to bomb the crap out of the Syrian Military structure and give the rebels a decided edge. Obama goes to Russia for an economic meeting and has a closed door meeting with Vladimir Putin. A few days later, Russia and Syria announce that Syria will hand over all it's chemical weapons for destruction under the auspices of the UN. On Friday as per the agreement, Syria handed over a detailed list of their chemical weapons to the UN.

Seems that our president made some tasty omelets out of broken eggs.

What's not to like?

Oh, I get it. Obama hit's one out of the international park. Very bad for republicans. Must put negative spin, spin, spin.
I tend to remember this story differently... Goes like: President speaks with his ego, his bluff is called, and because of his ego, he attempts political suicide, and Putin (of all people) negotiates him an out.

This certainly wasn't an Emmy award-winning political performance, as you seem the think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies