Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 03:03 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They kill far more people in one attack, so you do not think there is a difference between some people being shot and a city being nuked? Got it.

If he was hit, and his military reduced he would think twice about doing the same again. A good example was Serbia, when the UN "Peacekeepers" were there the Serbs simply ignored them, so long as the Un troops were not fire upon they could do nothing to interfere, many time atrosities were done right in front of them and the UN troops were helpless to do a thing. Clinton bombs the Serb cities and BANG everyone goes to the peace table and makes a deal. Catching on yet?
So what exactly is the difference if 1,400 people die from being shot or from chemical weapons? Why is one worse than the other? Assad killed hundreds of thousands of people before 1,400 were killed from chemical weapons, where was the outrage then? Why wasn't Obama going to bomb them at that time?

And your not even talking boots on the ground, why do you think Assad would change course after our "unbaleavably small attack"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 03:54 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Oh yes punishment is coming but not in a way you non-believers know of its called Gods final judgement ....

Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You have gone from the use of WMD to any country killing anyone, getting desperate there? I do believe that the World should put a stop to the mass murder of thousands and sometimes Millions of innocent men women and children, it was supposed to be one the the functions of the UN, sadly we discovered that the UN is utterely Usless when it comes to stopping the violence. I believe we should do what we can, and no we cannot cure all the worlds ills, but we should at least try to do what we can when we can and with Syria we could have put an end to their further use by them in 1 Day. Now we get to play where did the chemical weapons go, I blame that on Assad, Putin and Repubs and Dems that did not have the backbone to do the right thing. Psssst, that means if they show up in Your Home Town, you are partly to blame, enjoy.
Who designated the United States as the morale authority? I seem to remember Obama enjoying a great deal of support and I agreed with him when he spoke of working with the world to resolve conflicts rather than going it it alone. He talked about how we shouldn't be using our Military to solve conflicts with everyone we disagree with. I agreed with him.
What has he done though? Armed people that his own secretary of state admits we can not trust, people who are every bit as brutal as Assad. He did not submit any real evidence about who used the chemical weapons. Seriously we can't tell you how we know, we can only tell you that we know. Who in their right mind would accept that statement after the Iraq war?
The world body disagreed with Obama. Not just Russia, but the UN who Obama pledged to work with rather than against.
DO i think Assad is a good guy or innocent of wrong doing? No not at all, but I think the people who might replace him have the capacity to be even worse. This is a civil war. We involved ourselves in this civil war. Have you considered that had we not tried to tip the scales it would have ended long ago with less bloodshed and death? Maybe had we minded our own business and let the people of Syria deal with their own problems no one would have felt the need to use Chemical weapons.
We all knew that Assad is dirty and ruthless. WE have to accept that our involvement may well have contributed to those 1400 deaths and many more. That is why we need to learn to mind our own business.
Last is the fact that we are a cash strapped nation who is borrowing money to pay our own bills. We are in no position financially to be increasing our military involvement anywhere.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You make no sense. On one hand, you're pounding your fist insisting that staying out of Syria was the right thing to do.....and on the other hand you're accusing others of being "Happy that Assad paid no price for committing mass murder."

Do you support Assad paying a price for mass murder or not?
How exactly was Assad going to pay the price? It seems to me that if we could aim a bomb to land directly on his head - then maybe we should do it.

But more innocent people were going to pay the price.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:41 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So the moral thing to do is invade/attack every country that is killing its people. So you must have supported out invasion into Iraq, and calling for us to attack/invade most of Africa, the Balkans, Kashmir and Tibet. After all, it is the moral thing to do.
It's "moral" when a Democrat does it and it's a "war crime" when a Republican does it.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Only on the Internet facts don't matter... The first black president is a racist... boo woo... woe is me...
I didn't say that you just did. I said your black ass is racist because you voted for the chumps skin. The one thing you both have in common is a case of shear stupid, but we can fix that.

But you are wrong. Obama is 1/2 vanilla and 1/2 chocolate but he never advertises that fact. and his party is covered with flakes and nuts Now ain't that nice?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So what exactly is the difference if 1,400 people die from being shot or from chemical weapons? Why is one worse than the other? Assad killed hundreds of thousands of people before 1,400 were killed from chemical weapons, where was the outrage then? Why wasn't Obama going to bomb them at that time?
The difference is that chemical weapons are uncontrollable weapons of mass destruction. They aren't targeted. The wind can carry them anywhere.

So it's in the same category of how untold millions died in WW2 but the holocaust was still in a special class all by itself even though it accounted for a tiny percentage of the civilian deaths in that war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies