Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 07:19 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times

Advertisements

We had and continue to have no business in Syria. It's no thanks to the President, whose hands were tied by overwhelming public opinion, but the outcome is better than the U.S. involved in another pointless war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Or Germany either??? Right??
Damn right. We have no moral authority whatsoever.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:32 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To add./
The repubs have a very limited agenda, basically its = hate Obama as much as possible and criticize everything he tries to do.While calling any one not in agreement lots of silly little names.
Its definitely a rightwing obsession bordering on mental dysfunction akin to collective dementia .Its just not healthy to infuse that much hate into your daily life.
I personally favored a strike on Syria, as Obama pushed for. I was in agreement with the President.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I agree. I'd like to see the d-bag punished, but avoiding a war in Syria is what everyone wanted, and reaching a diplomatic solution is fine with me. It is a messy outcome, but frankly, better than ANOTHER US-led war.

I think Assad is a murderer and should be taken out, but not by us. We have no credibility in the ME. Why doesn't Turkey do it? Or Thailand, or China? Lithuania? Mongolia? Brazil? Anyone would be preferable to us.
ITA with this.

And FWIW, at least Obama was the one willing to get out there and state that something should be done. No one else made a move to say anything about it.

But I am happy that we aren't going to war. We have warred enough over the past 15 years to last my lifetime.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
I personally favored a strike on Syria, as Obama pushed for. I was in agreement with the President.
If you are going to strike the established Syrian government...why not expand the mission and also blow the crap out of the so-called rebels...both sides are disgusting bastards...why pick sides...either destroy them all or stay out of it.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Duly noted: you are impartially and consistently in favor of involving America in missions of death and destruction.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Barack fumbles, Vladimir recovers, and Assad scores for the win. 1,400+ killed by chemical weapons and our weakling President is man-handled like a rag doll to the point that he can't even claim a victory handed to him courtesy of 200 years of American Exceptionalism.

You can almost see the glee in Assad Bashar's eyes as he gives interview after interview of "Barack, You Got Punk'd" material for the whole world to see.

Absolutely disgusting what this nation has become under this President.
Wait. Let me see if I have this straight. Everyone wanted a peaceful solution; were screeching NOT to bomb them OR get involved and NOW . . . you want Syria punished.

How DO conservatives deal with their apparent Obama-hatred induced schizophrenia?

Old 09-23-2013, 07:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I think the Syrians suffered enough with the slaughter, including 1500 dead and many more crippled by a nerve gas attack, from their current uncivil war. I do not believe their culture is capable of living beyond the family feud stage and anyone that invests any time money and effort in that area deserves to lose their investment. I do not want to see us INVOLVED AT ALL in their family fights.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:46 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
We had and continue to have no business in Syria. It's no thanks to the President, whose hands were tied by overwhelming public opinion, but the outcome is better than the U.S. involved in another pointless war.
It's like having two overly emotional fanatic friends....sometimes you just have to turn away and let them destroy each other...Some are just incapable of controlling themselves or learning....There are no good guys in Syria...so why bother getting your hand dirty or bitten when the dogs are fighting?

Old 09-23-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's like having two overly emotional fanatic friends....sometimes you just have to turn away and let them destroy each other...Some are just incapable of controlling themselves or learning....There are no good guys in Syria...so why bother getting your hand dirty or bitten when the dogs are fighting?
I wouldn't describe the contending sides quite that negatively, but we've certainly seen in Iran, Iraq, Egypt and Libya what happens when ruthless but efficient secular rulers are ousted, and it's probably best not to experiment further in that direction. If Syria does fall to the rebels we'll have to live with it, but there's no reason for us to prefer it or help it to come about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies