Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 10:18 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Wow, now there is an idea. Too bad the folks that run the country aren't smart enough to figure anything like that out. Too bad they tend to favor the whip.
So tell us how you would do that. They're not smart enough, but you're much smarter. Tell us how. Explain how a government would promote and 'incentivize' healthcare. Tell us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 10:22 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
So tell us how you would do that. They're not smart enough, but you're much smarter. Tell us how. Explain how a government would promote and 'incentivize' healthcare. Tell us.
I'm not paid BIG MONEY to figure it out, now am I?

I do accept paypal and if you want to fund a bunch of research (like the lugheads in Washington should be doing rather than listening to big money), then I'd be happy to consider it. Let me know.

I am smart enough to figure a way around your slavery law. That's all that really matters to me. So I don't really have a dog in the fight, although tyranny is always annoying.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm not paid BIG MONEY to figure it out, now am I?

I do accept paypal and if you want to fund a bunch of research (like the lugheads in Washington should be doing rather than listening to big money), then I'd be happy to consider it. Let me know.
Haha!! That's great.

--

"Do THIS, not THAT."

"OK, how do we do THAT?"

"I don't know, you figure it out!"

--

In other words, you have no point, nothing at all to contribute except complaining. Yeah man, I'll let you know.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC
The average policy under ACA is $328. I'd love for someone, anyone, to tell me how those living paycheck to paycheck are going to find $328 to pay for health insurance?
Yup....People have no idea how bad this is going to be!! (They are all being lied to and they buy it)

Old 09-27-2013, 10:36 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Are you aware of how tax credits work? It would be subtracted from whatever you owe (or added to your refund) on April 15th. That's my understanding.
I know how it works. When I was younger, and was raising three children, I'd file my income taxes with a total income of $29,000 and my tax return was actually $1,000 or more larger then the total taxes withheld. With 0bamaCare, would i be essentially getting $10,000 on top of my tax refund? Is that how we "make health care affordable," or is this just a kick-back to insurance companies by wallpapering over it with taxpayer dollars?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Haha!! That's great.

"Do THIS, not THAT."

"OK, how do we do THAT?"
Come on now. If I said to do THIS and not THAT, why would you ask me how to do THAT, rather than THIS?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
His response was perfect, and right on target! I saw it live last night. Way to go neal!

Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yup....People have no idea how bad this is going to be!! (They are all being lied to and they buy it)
One of the many things that infuriate me about the health slavery law is that our president HIMSELF said (before this albatross was hung around our necks) something to the effect that solving the problem of those who can't afford healthcare by forcing them to buy health insurance is like solving the problem of the homeless by forcing them to buy a home.

I remember hearing it. So what changed? This statement by him was actually quite logical (for a change). Why did he go ahead and give us the big one up the behind anyway? Who changed his mind?

Old 09-27-2013, 10:50 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,774,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Does no one else think a sitting President sniveling about a news organization like they're the Boogey Man is just a little unseemly? The lamestream media's been stroking their messiah so long he can't take critical analysis like a grown up.
He's an amateur in a tough job.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Those living living paycheck-to-paycheck are subsidized. So, one is earning at the poverty rate, for a family of 4, the premium is $1,129 per year.

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
So this is the conservative position if the new health care law doesn't work they'll trash it, and if it does work they'll trash it. This is why I write that conservatives don't care about public policy outcomes and that reality is completely irrelevant to conservatives.

They are flat out going to ignore, until they can't, the prices which aren't high for those the health care law is meant to target.

So it doesn't matter if the program works, it won't lessen the criticism for conservatives who were insisting that prices in the exchange would be very high.

Because even if the new health insurance law works at providing affordable health insurance to millions of Americans something that many conservatives insisted wouldn't occur, they'll quickly pivot from that failed position without shame or irony to being upset that the program is working and is providing affordable health insurance to the people in the exchanges.

They'll be upset at the subsidies going to those people, who are stealing their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies