Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 11:12 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Those living living paycheck-to-paycheck are subsidized. So, one is earning at the poverty rate, for a family of 4, the premium is $1,129 per year.

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
I live pay check to pay check and am not subsidized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 11:14 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I live pay check to pay check and am not subsidized.
Getting tax credits for ACA depends on your income, not how you manage your money.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:21 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Those living living paycheck-to-paycheck are subsidized. So, one is earning at the poverty rate, for a family of 4, the premium is $1,129 per year.

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
More ignorance from MTA.

A family of four living in North Carolina earning $95,000 would get ZERO subsidy.

Let's break down the math:

Two working adults earining $47,500 each is NOT alot of money.

At $95K, they would be at 403% of the poverty level - NO SUBSIDY

The UNSUBSIDIZED healthcare premium for this family of 4: $9,294

Divided by 12 months: $774 per month!

And for a family of 6? The subsidy amounts to $1,879 on a premium of $10,904, leaving $9,025 to pay by the family!

How is this "affordable" health insurance MTA??????

Perhaps you have surveyed the number of households in this income bracket who can afford another $774 MONTHLY bill to add to their current situation????

Your mouthpiece of disingenuousness needs to be muzzled. Quickly.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:27 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Getting tax credits for ACA depends on your income, not how you manage your money.
I know that, but an assumption that one lives pay check to pay check will receive subsidies is not correct like the previous poster proclaimed. Plus is does not account for cost of living in various parts of the US. Someone making 400% above the poverty line in one area might be a decent living. Someone making that where I live would not be able to make ends meet.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:30 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Cavuto is started to get scared that Obamacare will not be repealed and as folks understand the law better and benefit from it, they will like it. The right-wingers are starting to freak out. I love it.
As people understand the law better and find out how truly horrible it is, there will be a mass rebellion.
Your communist god is in a free fall...

Old 09-27-2013, 11:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Your assertion is that any tax credit resulting in a tax refund will then be used to pay for health insurance. If this is the essence of liberal philosophy surrounding the viability of ACA, then i'd reconcile that you folks should be beyond embarrassed.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:38 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I know that, but an assumption that one lives pay check to pay check will receive subsidies is not correct like the previous poster proclaimed. Plus is does not account for cost of living in various parts of the US. Someone making 400% above the poverty line in one area might be a decent living. Someone making that where I live would not be able to make ends meet.
I agree that the definition of poverty should be examined with regards to one's location (i.e., zip code).

Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM

25,774 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Two working adults earining $47,500 each is NOT alot of money.
For many people that is a hell of a lot of money. (not that I have any need for that kind of income, but,) I would have no idea what to do with that kind of money.

I suppose I'd be expected to spend it on the Parasite Class. Work for someone sitting on their ass every day, watching tv, eating doritos, and collecting welfare checks because they have 10 kids and "can't" work. They are "disabled." We know one little thingy-ma-bobber that isn't disabled, don't we?

That's one reason I will make damn sure I never make that much money. The more I make, the more is confiscated. No thanks.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You don't get it do you? You seem to assume that just because someone is living paycheck to paycheck that they automatically will receive a subsidy. This is WHOLLY and COMPLETELY wrong. Living paycheck to paycheck does not necessarily mean POVERTY or even POOR.

An individual making $47K in the Washington DC metro DOES NOT qualify for a subsidy, yet that person is expected to pay $328 for a medium level policy beyond rent....beyond food...beyond student loans.....etc? Likewise, a family of four in the DC area making a household income of $95K would NOT qualify for a subsidy. Do you realize that these incomes are indicative of people who are NOT well off....who are perhaps barely making it in the DC area? And that's just one example.

I will not explain this you again. Educate yourself, or remain ignorant.
Actually, the premium for an individual making $47K in the Washington DC metro area is 409% of poverty level and
unsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014 is $2,000.
Source: Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Old 09-27-2013, 01:05 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yesterday, 0bama was going around giving rambling, stuttering campaign speeches to try and sell his horrible healthcare plan, by blaming Fox News. It was not Fox News that made all those Utopian claims about 0bamaCare lowering health care premiums, and then the reality is they are skyrocketing.

Video: Obama Mocks Fox -- Cavuto Strikes Back! - YouTube

well HOT DAMN GOOD NEIL!!!!
hope Obama listens
we sure did!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies