Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 05:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's an interesting question. Is it legal to carry guns openly on your own property if the State laws prohibit open carry?
Never mind. This is not about open carry, this is about threatening the kid with a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 05:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You know, normally, when someone corrales another person and holds them against their will, it's called false imprisonment.

so, basically what the land owner did was against the law. what he should have done was went back to the house without confronting anyone, and called the cops and allowed them to do their jobs.

you just don't go around apprehending someone with a weapon and hold them or threaten them.

If, I say if, the landowner had any brains whatsoever, he would have flagged down the guy riding the bike/atv without the gun, and told the rider he was on private property and asked the rider not to do it again. But, some people are just afraid of other people trespassing, Reporting trespassing to the cops is the first thing to do.
That would be stupid. You expect the cops to go hunt down a kid on a dirt bike that may have been trespassing several hours ago?? Ain't gonna happen. You hold onto him, so they can arrest him. Trespassing is still a crime. Change the law if you don't like it.

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Never mind. This is not about open carry, this is about threatening the kid with a gun.
The guy who was trespassing was clearly NOT a kid.

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
You know, normally, when someone corrales another person and holds them against their will, it's called false imprisonment.

so, basically what the land owner did was against the law. what he should have done was went back to the house without confronting anyone, and called the cops and allowed them to do their jobs.

you just don't go around apprehending someone with a weapon and hold them or threaten them.

If, I say if, the landowner had any brains whatsoever, he would have flagged down the guy riding the bike/atv without the gun, and told the rider he was on private property and asked the rider not to do it again. But, some people are just afraid of other people trespassing, Reporting trespassing to the cops is the first thing to do.
Not only that, but threatening to shoot out his tires while he's riding on it can be recklessly endangering another person as well. Donald ****ed up, big time, no matter how you slice it. He could have done what any other normal country person would have done (at least where I grew up) and just let it slide and not involve the cops. I would not have called the cops of some kid was just innocently transiting across my property. No different from a big animal walking across and stepping on my stuff. I grew up in the country unlike the OP and his co-thinkers, Donald was a moron

Old 09-28-2013, 05:12 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That would be stupid. You expect the cops to go hunt down a kid on a dirt bike that may have been trespassing several hours ago?? Ain't gonna happen. You hold onto him, so they can arrest him. Trespassing is still a crime. Change the law if you don't like it.
How do you know the timeline, were you there? Do you know how long it took for Crawford County deputies to respond?

I didn't think so.

and no, you don't point a gun at someone and hold them, that again is false imprisonment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Not only that, but threatening to shoot out his tires while he's riding on it can be recklessly endangering another person as well. Donald ****ed up, big time, no matter how you slice it. He could have done what any other normal country person would have done (at least where I grew up) and just let it slide and not involve the cops. I would not have called the cops of some kid was just innocently transiting across my property. No different from a big animal walking across and stepping on my stuff. I grew up in the country unlike the OP and his co-thinkers, Donald was a moron
Well yeah, if Donald had any gonads, he would have flagged the person down, told him you know you're riding on my property, warned him not to do it again, and went about his business, yup, Don messed up, but I'm confident he'll just get a slap on the wrist, a $200.00 fine, and the judge will tell him, don't let it happen again.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:12 PM

I know this will be hard for some of you but please keep in mind that the only person to make the claim that anyone pointed a gun at him just happens to be the guy who was caught trespassing on someone's land on a dirt bike after having passed no trespassing signs on the trail. The property owner denies that he pointed his gun at the trespasser, this is just an allegation.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
How do you know the timeline, were you there? Do you know how long it took for Crawford County deputies to respond?

I didn't think so.

and no, you don't point a gun at someone and hold them, that again is false imprisonment.
Were you there? Did you actually see someone point a gun at someone else?

Old 09-28-2013, 05:16 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
As is typical, the liberals here are defending the lawbreaker, and demonizing the law abiding property owner simply because he had the temerity to - 'gasp' - exercise his constitutional rights.

Keep proving that you are enemies of the constitution Dems - it will only guarantee another conservative victory in 2014.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:18 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Were you there? Did you actually see someone point a gun at someone else?
No. But that is what was reported from the newslink I provided after checking some alternative news sources.

It's also ALLEGED that the bike rider was trespassing, how do you know he was? Were you there?

Old 09-28-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
No. But that is what was reported from the newslink I provided after doing some alternative news sources.

It's also ALLEGED that the bike rider was trespassing, how do you know he was? Were you there?
It was reported because that is the claim that the guy trespassing said, only after getting caught trespassing. If the bike rider wasn't trespassing then the hunters would have been, were they cited for trespassing? No they weren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies