Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 PM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

So, I saw this news report...about a man from Texas, who saw 2 other men, breaking into his neighbors home.

He loads a shot gun, calls 911 and goes out and warns both the robbers..."if you move, I'll shoot to kill".

They moved and he shot while he was on the phone with 911...
He killed them both...as he knew the police would not arrive in time.

They interviewed one of the robbers wife, and she said the may who shot her husband was wrong and should be held accountable.

I say, what give any human being the idea, that it's ok to rob another person's home and not expect to be shot or arrested and put in prision? And yanno, I dont' care if they were armed or not...they don't have the right to go into another persons home with the intent to rob them.

What's your perspective and insight on this?

Old 11-17-2007, 06:49 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,091,176 times
Simple: if they weren't there robbing the place...they'd still be alive

Old 11-17-2007, 06:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
And if the man failed to shoot the criminals, would they have been so kind to the eye witness? NO.
They got exactly what they deserved and the world is a better place for it.
The man should get a 5G check for saving the tax payers a ton of money.
The families of the criminals should get a bill to pay for the repair to the home wners house and the cost of the shotgun shells.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:54 PM

119 posts, read 203,006 times
I heard this the recording of this going down on the radio the other day. I agree with 66nexus, if they werent robbing the place they'd be alive. I dont think we should have to sit around and be victims all the time. We have a right to protect ourselves and if this is the same story i heard the man on the phone (shooter) said they came towards him and thats when he shot them. I believe they were on his property. This guy was a good neighbor

Old 11-17-2007, 07:01 PM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Well, thank God, it's good to see that people still think like I do...whewww?

How much you wanna bet, Sharpton jumps on this. I was thinking of him the other day, and how he sends a "SO wrong signal. Wish more people would listen to Cosby....they'd be doing something. Sharpton, endorses crime...

Old 11-17-2007, 07:06 PM

119 posts, read 203,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Well, thank God, it's good to see that people still think like I do...whewww?

How much you wanna bet, Sharpton jumps on this. I was thinking of him the other day, and how he sends a "SO wrong signal. Wish more people would listen to Cosby....they'd be doing something. Sharpton, endorses crime...

Absolutely agree with you. Sharpton does endorse crime. Im sure he will pop up on this one

Old 11-17-2007, 07:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
i love texas i just love it. much more of this and i am going back to defend the alamo.
here we have no crime, only terrible misunderstandings, all done in hawaiin shirts.
if this happened here, this brave man would already be in jail, no questions asked.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Al Sharpton: Its racist to assume they was breaking into that house. They were only making sure nothing was stolen by the white burglers they had heard was working the neighborhood.The man with the gun is a racist and should be charged with killin the men only performing their neighborhood watch. It was these fine men who were truely the good neighbor. With a little investigation we may learn that the neighbor was actually the ring leader of the white supremist burglery ring.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:15 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,091,176 times
I didn't even know the robbers were African American

Old 11-17-2007, 07:17 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Whatever you think about this occurence, its actually incorrect to call this man a vigilante. What he did according to Texas law is completely LEGAL. Mark my words, he won't be charged, his shotgun will be cleaned, loaded and waiting for the next idiot who decides they are going to break in. He might even get a blue ribbon for his service to the community.

As for the robbers wife, her anger should be at her husband for being such an idiot.

I wish I had a neighbor with a shotgun like that.

Texas is like a whole other country when it comes to things like this. Texas is NOT the place to be if your wanting to rob people and NOT get shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies