Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 05:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You praise the man for, in your opinion, being a little less offensive than his predecessor?
Nope.

He's a huge improvement over his predecessor.

Quote:
You seem to be saying less offensive is just great with you, but it is still offensive to those who can actually think.

Plus, I see that you continue on your obamabot trail by not blaming him for high fuel costs but praising him for their fall.
A couple of months ago, this forum was full of posts from RWNJs griping about gas prices and laying the blame on the president. It would be hypocritical of the right to now ignore the significant drop in those prices. It would also be hypocritical to disavow the earlier linkage for hyperpartisan convenience.

Obama's done a good job as president. A particularly sharp contrast to his predecessor.

Quote:
You really can't have it both ways, except in mindless obamaland.
Mindless, you say...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hey, Mac...

Put down the pipe, man.

Never touch the stuff but I like scalps

Old 10-08-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I just filled up this afternoon, and it's now down to $3.01/gal.

How much further will it drop?
$3.57 still here. 0 change...

Old 10-08-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I remember back in high school when the price of gas started skyrocketing and everyone was saying we would hit 5-6 dollars a gallon in a few years. At least that didn't happen!
I remember when I was in high school gas was 27 cents a gallon..... A loaf of bread was 39 cents. A 12 oz coke was 10 cents. Going to see a movie was 50 cents. I worked starting at age 14 for 60 cents an hour.

I considered going back to digging steamers (clams) because that was a easy $13.00 a bushel. I dug clams from age 5 to age 14 because if i wanted anything at all I had to buy it myself.

By age 16 I must have have 40 motorbikes, but at no time did more than 2 of them run. I had motorbikes from age 10 to present. The 2 I have now run just fine.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have a 30k car that get's 40 mpg and I'm still complaining. We should not allow Wall Street run the economy. When oil reached $150 it was nothing more than the markets running the prices up because they could.

It's not about the price you pay but rather the idea that we allow Wall Street so much control over the economy.
I got a plow truck that gets less than 8 miles per gallon plowing The govt doesn't get a dime for any of it...... i don't regii it up anymore. I can go buy gas in red jugs, and i do for that and the skid steer bob cat.

My day to day bike gets apx 45 MPG and i ride til first road salt. After that anything i do is 'work' and i write off all that fuel. That ends up almost free

Old 10-08-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Enjoy the absence of another stupid middle east war and lower gas prices.

Good job, Mr President!

Hey put that pipe down That dead beat in office wanted to bomb syria and start his own personal war. We the People wanted no part of that. I wish Obama went in person an army of just one (little dead beat)

Old 10-08-2013, 06:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
This thread is about LOW gas prices.

Tell me more about what I think. You're funny!
I QUOTED you saying it..

Old 10-08-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I QUOTED you saying it..

A couple of months ago, this forum was full of posts from RWNJs griping about gas prices and laying the blame on the president. It would be hypocritical of the right to now ignore the significant drop in those prices. It would also be hypocritical to disavow the earlier linkage for hyperpartisan convenience.

Obama's done a good job as president. A particularly sharp contrast to his predecessor.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:

Quote some of those RWNJ who blamed Obama for them going up, and now the free market for them falling, to justify you have a point..

you dont.. Distracting from your hypocritical postings, wont make them disappear. I QUOTED YOU, being a hypocrite..

Old 10-08-2013, 06:59 PM

Default Enjoy the low gas prices. Don't forget to thank the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Quote some of those RWNJ who blamed Obama for them going up, and now the free market for them falling, to justify you have a point..

you dont.. Distracting from your hypocritical postings, wont make them disappear. I QUOTED YOU, being a hypocrite..

You're angry.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies