Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 03:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No - it has not been proven.

In fact, evolution is impossible to prove.

Neither evolution or creation should be taught in public schools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Evolution is real, verifiable, and testable?

Where is the LMAO icon when one needs it?

Here, try educating yourself:

Richard Lenski | Home

Have you not even heard of Dr Richard Lenski's 25 year long mutation-based speciation experiment with e-coli? Over 50,000 generations now....

The evidence for evolution by natural selection is overwhelming.

Last edited by Ceist; 10-18-2013 at 04:08 AM..

Old 10-18-2013, 04:03 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How can evolution prove creation?....They are direct opposites...One is real, verified and testable and the other is a figment of a bunch of goat herders imaginations more than two thousand years ago. Fantasies cannot be verified. Creation could be taught in a comparative religions class, but certainly not in a science class.
Yet, the fact that you're sitting there able to express a thought proves that which you deny.

How could something evolve that was never created?

Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Ok - thanks for the vague nonanswer.
You didn't ask me anything

Quote:
Again, why keep bringing up things unrelated to evolution in a discussion about
evolution (and then attempt and use them to point out how others have bought
into the hoax that is evolution)? To me, that just screams you don't know what
evolution is.
I brought it up to illuminate the weakness of your theory

Quote:
And to what weakness in my position are you referring?
Natural selection an only occur when life already exists. It is a theory of improvement, but you cannot improve something which does not already exist. Also, assuming a fish came out of nowhere and started evolving, how did one fish knew to evolve wings and another one know to evolve hands and legs? Don't you think humans could use wings AND arms and legs? The truth is that the target, the blueprint, is in the DNA, not in some random accident.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I wish the religious would just simply say, "I have faith in what I believe. I require no evidence, so I will not try to prove it. It is simply faith." Instead, they try to employ logic, very poorly, and mix in pseudo-science along with gross misrepresentations of science ("Evolution is just a theory!!!")
Actually the scientists who believe in creation use science just like the those scientists who believe in evolution. Have you seen "Darwin's Dilemma"? Veteran scientists like Simon Conway Morris, James Valentine, Paul Chien, Jonathan Wells, Richard Sternberg, Douglas Axe, Stephen Meyer and others use your own 'god', science, to provide evidence to prove species did not evolve the way you have been taught.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Evolution is a theory that can be changed as new data arises.
Creationism is unchanging dogma that is believed solely on faith.("a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true").
In my 65 years the current status of the evolution theory sounds more plausible than the creationism story. Debating either side of the coin is rather pointless as i'm sure most people made up their minds long ago as to which side of the fence they are on with this issue.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:42 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsumCement View Post
You would think, finding the missing link, would have been big news.
You would think that people who took it upon themselves to criticize one of the best-founded scientific theories in existence would read up enough to realize that using a term like "missing link" - yet alone claiming its absence is a problem for the ToE - instantly flags them as having no idea of what they're talking about.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:42 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yet, the fact that you're sitting there able to express a thought proves that which you deny.

That's all you got? I was hoping for some evidence for creation that could bolster your argument....Wishful thinking on my part I guess....

Old 10-18-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Natural selection an only occur when life already exists.
Correct.

Quote:
It is a theory of improvement...
No. It is a theory of adaptation. Subtle, but seriously crucial difference. Evolution has blundered into some solutions that are best described as crude hacks - but, given the nature of the process, can't be helped now. Can't unevolve the mammal eye and start over to get the better squid design that doesn't have a blind spot. Evolution is stuck with doing what it can with what it has.

Quote:
Also, assuming a fish came out of nowhere and started evolving, how did one fish knew to evolve wings and another one know to evolve hands and legs?
Nobody postulates a complex organism like a fish came out of nowhere. That being said, different mutations are beneficial in different ecological niches.

Quote:
Don't you think humans could use wings AND arms and legs?
We branched off from the "has possibility to develop flight" predecessors long ago - but we do of course share a common ancestor with bats, way back when. Evolution works with what it has, not towards some grand final design. But once evolution has arrived at a bipedal ape on the Savannah, you can't backtrack the process and start down a path towards flying mammals.

Quote:
The truth is that the target, the blueprint, is in the DNA, not in some random accident.
DNA isn't the result of some random accident. Mutations are random, selection very much isn't.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Was the creator created?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You didn't ask me anything

I brought it up to illuminate the weakness of your theory

Natural selection an only occur when life already exists. It is a theory of improvement, but you cannot improve something which does not already exist. Also, assuming a fish came out of nowhere and started evolving, how did one fish knew to evolve wings and another one know to evolve hands and legs? Don't you think humans could use wings AND arms and legs? The truth is that the target, the blueprint, is in the DNA, not in some random accident.
One more time with feeling.....

The fact that you asked something so asinine proves you know virtually nothing about evolution. You're embarrassing yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies