Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 03:37 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,685,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think that the part you are missed, is that you can believe in both. Something like god produced the spark of life with the intent that evolution take over to create everything else.

Kinda like "create the heavens and the earth", as we know the earth formed over billions of years of bits of space debris etc. coallesced.

It kinda all goes back to the big bang, which by every scientific measure IS the moment of creation.

Anyway, no doubt we lost you long ago.....get a clue.

Yes, there are theists who accept evolution. However, there's no evidence of a divine creator.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:41 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No - it has not been proven.

In fact, evolution is impossible to prove.

Neither evolution or creation should be taught in public schools.
Did you get a flu shot this year? Attenuated vaccines are proof of evolution.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
This is why all my future children are going to be in private schools. Liberals have no f--king place and right to try and tell me what to teach my children.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You didn't ask me anything

I brought it up to illuminate the weakness of your theory

Natural selection an only occur when life already exists. It is a theory of improvement, but you cannot improve something which does not already exist. Also, assuming a fish came out of nowhere and started evolving, how did one fish knew to evolve wings and another one know to evolve hands and legs? Don't you think humans could use wings AND arms and legs? The truth is that the target, the blueprint, is in the DNA, not in some random accident.
I see your problem. You don't understand what evolution is.

Evolution is the study and explanation of how life changes. It does start with life. How DNA came to exist - or how life first came to exist - is not part of evolutionary theory.

Now that you know what evolution is, stop trying to drag these non-evolutionary elements into it to try and disprove it.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:50 PM

45 posts, read 75,542 times
This non-sense stems directly from American hypocrisy. I'll explain to you how: Americans' obsession with Jesus and religious is the result of an inner guilt complex. Ex: Americans talk non-stop about Jesus the Lord and savior yet refuse to pay higher taxes and help the poor. They speak of the Jesus' righteousness yet cheat on their partners...Thus, they want to be at ease by imposing their beliefs on the rest of us.

Exo

Old 10-18-2013, 03:52 PM

45 posts, read 75,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is why all my future children are going to be in private schools. Liberals have no f--king place and right to try and tell me what to teach my children.
Resorting to name calling Lib this right wing that obvisouly has very little to do with reality. The so called Liberals and the so-called conservatives aren't that much different really with the exception of the Tea-Liban that should be deported to guess where? Afghanistan.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
I think children should be taught Creationism alongside Evolution. Let them decide!

I also think Astrology should be taught alongside the theory of Astronomy.

We need to teach Phrenology and compare it to Psychology.

A valuable science to teach is Alchemy which debunks Chemistry.

Other valid studies - often ridiculed by those of little faith - include reading Tarot, tea leaves, crystal balls, and palmistry.

One more point: when teaching 20th Century History, don't you think the scientific study of Holocaust Denial needs to recognized and accepted?

Huh?

Old 10-18-2013, 05:00 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,778,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't know of any accredited private schools that don't teach Biology.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I think children should be taught Creationism alongside Evolution. Let them decide!

I also think Astrology should be taught alongside the theory of Astronomy.

We need to teach Phrenology and compare it to Psychology.

A valuable science to teach is Alchemy which debunks Chemistry.

Other valid studies - often ridiculed by those of little faith - include reading Tarot, tea leaves, crystal balls, and palmistry.

One more point: when teaching 20th Century History, don't you think the scientific study of Holocaust Denial needs to recognized and accepted?

Huh?

What?
No palm reading or voodoo or telekinesis or snakehandling or witchcraft? These should ALL be taught in science class!

Old 10-18-2013, 05:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Did you get a flu shot this year? Attenuated vaccines are proof of evolution.
It's even simpler than that. Ask him if he's ever experienced goosebumps. There's your proof of evolution, right there. Goosebumps are remnants of the time we were covered in fur.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 10-18-2013 at 05:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies