Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 09:26 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Would you have the b*lls to go to the Middle East and ask this?
That would really depend upon to whom I was talking.

What does your question have to do with anything?

Old 10-19-2013, 09:37 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, at least your kids will be qualified to be monks, nuns and army chaplains.
There's a stereotype I don't understand. I come from a family of college educated individuals. All master's degree holders and PhD's. ALL believers. Please stop with the foolishness. Yes, you can be educated and not believe evolution nonsense.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:44 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Why am I not shocked? lol

Evolution is real whether you want to believe it or not. Evolution has been proven.

Creationism has not been proven.

BTW, evolution goes far beyond Darwinism. DNA wasn't even discovered until the 1950s. Nearly 70 years after Darwin died.

Get a clue.

Has it been proven that the perfectly ordered Universe suddenly emerged from nothing and the reason it did is just because?

By definition, nothing is nothing and nothing comes from nothing.

That something now exists in time and space proves something independent of time and space exists so as to be present to create the time and space for something not independent of time and space to exist in.

Save the Atheist fairy tales and excuses.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Has it been proven that the perfectly ordered Universe suddenly emerged from nothing and the reason it did is just because?
Perfectly ordered my a$$....
Quote:
By definition, nothing is nothing and nothing comes from nothing.
There is no such thing as nothing.

Quote:
That something now exists in time and space proves something independent of time and space exists so as to be present to create the time and space for something not independent of time and space to exist in.
It proves no such thing.

Quote:
Save the Atheist fairy tales and excuses.
What atheist fairy tales? Evolution has nothing to do with belief or non belief in any gods. It is creation that is built on fairy tales.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:04 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There's a stereotype I don't understand. I come from a family of college educated individuals. All master's degree holders and PhD's. ALL believers. Please stop with the foolishness. Yes, you can be educated and not believe evolution nonsense.
Yeah right ....Why don't I believe you....Oh that's right, I've read some of your posts.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:21 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,933,360 times
Texas of course. Not really surprising. Half of TX is still stuck in a 19th century mindset. Science schmience

Old 10-19-2013, 10:47 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
...evolution assumes these things just came out of nowhere.
Ummm...no it doesn't and you continuing to spout such rubbish only underscores the fact you lack even a kindergarten-level grasp of evolutionary theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yeah you're correct it was off topic......I should have said Dearborn, MI. Mainly, because people make dumb comments toward Christians and seem to leave everyone else's gods out of it.
Are you speaking of Muslims? Because they, of course, worship the same god as the Jews and Christians. The God of Abraham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No. And, of course, it is fallacy to claim the universe is "perfectly ordered." But again, this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with evolutionary theory.

It also lends absolutely no credence whatsoever to the notion that some invisible supernatural being poofed everything into existence.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:57 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
No, not really. Not in anything that resembles science. Maybe your relatives have doctorates in literature or theology or something, if they exist at all.

I think it's funny that you want to poison your kids' educations just to show them darned liberals.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:43 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You don't believe in God, so you invent theories to explain things you do not understand. Believing in evolution and things appearing out of thin air requires more faith than believing in God. It's like believing that Boeing 747 appeared when a tornado hit a garbage dump, and arranged the trash into an airplane.
The Creationists' comparison of evolution with a "tornado creating a Boeing 747 in a junkyard" story cracks me up every time I hear it.

....And it proves beyond a doubt they really have no clue what evolution is.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:52 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You don't have to 'believe in Evolution blindly'. There is overwhelming evidence for evolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Joke of the day.
The 'joke' is that you seriously believe that the earth is only between 5000 to 15000 years old and that humans were 'created' at the same time as dinosaurs.

Tell me... How does a grown adult in the 21st century seriously believe nonsense like that?

Last edited by Ceist; 10-20-2013 at 05:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies