Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 10:32 AM

347 posts, read 491,971 times

Advertisements

To all those on this forum that are African-American, I am going to assume that many are proud of the President being President of the Greatest Country in the World and the fact that he is African-American.

But feeling proud of him and actually approving and/or disapproving of the Job he is doing are two different things. How do African-Americans on this forum actually feel about how he is doing and WHY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 10:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Most African-Americans love Obama. I believe his approval ratings in the most recent polls among African-Americans is 90%+.

This particular Black person feels Obama is incompetent, doesn't take responsibility for anything and is an abject failure.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
I feel like he is doing the job that any democratic president would be doing right now under these conditions which is about as well as can be expected.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
I think all Americans-black and white-have realized how inconsequential a standing President actually is to the overall system. Two Puppet Presidents in a row from opposite political parties that seem to be following the same agenda will do that to people.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 10-22-2013 at 11:17 AM..

Old 10-22-2013, 11:20 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
To all those on this forum that are African-American, I am going to assume that many are proud of the President being President of the Greatest Country in the World and the fact that he is African-American.

But feeling proud of him and actually approving and/or disapproving of the Job he is doing are two different things. How do African-Americans on this forum actually feel about how he is doing and WHY?
I did not vote for him either times....nor the republican candidate. I was against him becoming president because I did not want to exchange symbolism for substance and I did not want to see all the accrued troubles of America, get blamed on him and I did not want to see a black face on US imperialism...etc...etc.

I just figured that he would not be able to do much for black America, and even less probably than a white democrat could do for black America. I also felt that a large percentage of the country would be against him and try to promote his failure and or lack confidence in him.....which keeps the economy from reaching its full potential. Economics is about confidence, hence, if people are not confident in the president it impacts their consumption habits as they may curtail their consumption and spending out of FEAR or uncertainty, if not out of spite. Either way, it means that the economy will perform at less than its potential.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 AM

347 posts, read 491,971 times
Can't say I agree entirely with Indentured Servant. The current Politics really do favor companies going abroad as it saves more money for American Companies. Many if not All of the companies on the NYSE, NASDAQ, DOW, and even those big companies that are private owned, will do what it takes to use the current politics in their favor.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:50 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,158 times
I like is policies, is decision making in trying to enact policies has left me frustrated.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:13 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
I think you mean The tax code, not Politics, really do favor companies going abroad as it saves more money for American Companies. Businesses will always consider taxes in the cost/profit picture. If the tax code encourages off shoring, our sourcing, or the shift of manufacturing to outside the U.S., that is what a smart company will do. Their first obligation is to provide value to the shareholder.

Whether you are working, retired, or even a student (look at how endowments, that pay much of the ongoing costs for higher education, are invested), somewhere, somehow, someway, we all own stocks or bonds in U.S. companies. As well as foreign companies in all likelihood.

Sorry for the digression. I am the hated white devil, so I'll not comment on topic.

Quote:
Can't say I agree entirely with Indentured Servant. The current Politics really do favor companies going abroad as it saves more money for American Companies. Many if not All of the companies on the NYSE, NASDAQ, DOW, and even those big companies that are private owned, will do what it takes to use the current politics in their favor.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:28 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,502 times
I feel like he should've never tried to work with the repubs. He should've rammed everything he could down their throats and in any orifice he could find from the get go. So much time and money wasted by these gop obstructionists. It's disgusting.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:54 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
The first graph of any biography about President Obama will lead with "the first African American President," and the historical, and sociological impact this historic moment could only be undermined by a failure of his presidency which to date has not come to pass. However, as presidents go, I doubt that he will deserve being ranked alongside Lincoln, the Roosevelts, Kennedy or Johnson. The Great Recession presented Obama with such an opportunity. From my perspective, Obama has not lived up to the boldness of his campaign, and perhaps considering the political climate that was too much to expect and for that reason and that reason alone there is a great deal of disappointment. But as a long time political observer, perhaps that was too much to expect. Overall, Obama has been a good president albeit not a great one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies