Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 03:02 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

The liberal perspective:

Barak Obama should not be expected to know about issues related to the launch of his signature legislation.

Not only is it his signature legislation, but it is the one thing he has fought his political enemies over every single day of his tenure as President.
Not only that, but at the point it was launched he was in a very important very BIG fight with his political enemies that was of such magnitude that he stated he was willing to allow the federal government to default in order to prevent this law from being changed in any real way.

LOL. Riiiiiiiight…..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post

Actually in the real world f*ckups like this happen all the time.

They sure do.

Usually it's the Project Managers or Marketing who insist that they can deliver a working product only for it to possess a ton of roll out defects. And when it makes its way up to the CEO then people get fired. Eventhough, in this case, the CEO would basically be Sebelius.
That's like blaming Obama for the applications I'm involved with on at the Government Agency I have business with. Yeah they are mission critical and if they have rollout defects they aren't gonna be his fault.

Look at who was the main contractor....
As I understand it, there are 55 contractors.
HHS was in the role of general contractor/manager. Maybe this made sense when they thought they were the default for a max of 5 states. Reality is it turned into 33 states who declined to build their own despite fed paying for it. And many of those states are hostile towards ACA.

The scope and complexity changed. Only thing that appears to have remained as planned was the non-negotiable launch date and GM.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
So like I said you could not do it on your own so you needed to wait till other people were made to pay more so you could afford it just like you said above.
Most people who get healthcare through their employers could not do it on their own either. Employee-based healthcare is heavily subsidized by employers.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:08 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Most people who get healthcare through their employers could not do it on their own either. Employee-based healthcare is heavily subsidized by employers.
And the government which gives big employers a tax break for health care expenses and employees do not have to count it as income in most cases even though people like you and me who pay our own way can't deduct the cost. Obama pays half of the costs for small businesses to insure their employees too.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:10 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,778,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I never set my goals by other peoples low standards but thats me. Did you watch the video from Dave Ramsey

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
All the presidents aides are afraid of him and his temper tantrums.
Silly Kathleen didn't want to tee him off before his tee time about little glitches that concern the American Serfs he rules over.

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOLOL!!!! There you have it folks, the failure of the Obama Administration is GEORGE BUSH'S FAULT!

hEY bUU that sound you hear is us laughing.... (at, not with)!
I was going to comment on this, but you beat me to it. You knew it was coming, though. Unbelievable!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

and oh, by the way, did you see that the Obama people picked a company to build the website that has a track record of FAILURE in such matters????
This company is reportedly one of 55 who worked on the rollout.

There is not a well regarded seasoned technology consulting company of depth and breadth who has not been involved in more than a few private and public sector tech failures. There are always three sides to the reasons why, developer, client and the truth.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:12 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Default Obamacare Mandate May Be Delayed - So Why Did Obama Shut the Government Down Again?

Quote:
The Obama administration may give Americans extra time to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, postponing when penalties for failing to buy coverage will go into effect, MarketWatch has learned.

The health care law requires most people to have health insurance by Jan. 1, 2014, but allows for “short coverage gaps” of up to three months before imposing the penalty, which is $95 or 1% of an individual’s income (whichever is greater) next year. That means someone must be covered by March 31, an official with the Department of Health and Human Services confirmed, which is the final day that people will be able to purchase health insurance on the public exchanges, or marketplaces, created by the ACA.
Link: Obamacare mandate may be delayed - MarketWatch

This is hilarious. Obama and the Democrats shut the government down for three weeks, refusing to consider any delay to the ACA.

Now, they are floating trial balloons about delaying the individual mandate, which is precisely what the GOP suggested in the first place. I'm sure our OFA contingent will be along to explain this as soon as the DNC e-mail of talking points arrives.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That's bull. This is his signature program. Up until it launched he was probably briefed every day. While he isn't about to fix it, himself, he would have barked to Sebelius, "What do you need to make sure this is ready to go when it launches," if she was reporting problems to him and then he would have ensured all resources were directed to fixing the problem. If the POTUS can't make it happen, who can? The fact that she hasn't been fired tells me she kept him abreast of the situation. After that, who knows?
Assigning premature blame undermines the effort to fix it. No one knows this better than the Obama haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies