Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:41 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm happy we did something to allow access to healthcare for millions. Millions of conservatives don't know why they hate this, they only know they have been trained to hate it.

So they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
They heard their talk show hosts telling them that this is bad. What more do they need to know?

No, we noticed it in our grossly increased premiums and increased deductibles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 04:51 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01snake View Post
i love obamacare | dccc

don't you look pretty silly now?
lol

Old 10-23-2013, 05:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, how they once embraced 0bamacare, named after their incompetent lord and master.

And now watch them scatter like cockroaches when the lights come on now that it's proven to be exactly what they were warned it would be. Suddenly, it's got a new, fancy, obscure name and it's no longer 0bamacare! Even they don't know what to call it!

All the faux confusion; all the deflection.

Clue: It's GARBAGE. Call it 0garbage. Works for most of us.
So you live in la-la land and are choosing to ignore all of the positive feedback from ACA? Not surprised, I bet you will be shocked when 2014 and 2016 don't go your way either even though we have all been telling you this for a while now.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
If the media and the bots have been instructed to stop using the name 'obamacare', it's already dead.
So you don't know what we are talking about when we say ACA? Where are you from? 'Merika?

Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you don't know what we are talking about when we say ACA? Where are you from? 'Merika?
I am truely shock at the level of confusion on the right as to what PPACA is and is not. I think that is they reason why they continue to still say "Obamacare".

Old 10-23-2013, 05:12 PM

423 posts, read 414,848 times
Anybody that actually trusts and believes the governments motives are in their own personal best interests is either displaying willful ignorance or has been so indoctrinated that they have been completely blinded from the truth.
It is the nature of every government to become more tyrannical over time. History is rife with evidence of such.
With ever new bureaucracy, law, rule, regulation and tax our freedoms are diminished and the power of the government grows.

Obamacare is nothing more than a power grab designed to put the people further under the heal of government control.

Its a shame that some believe in the theft of human life. For that is what it is when the government steals the fruits ones labor to use for its own purposes under the guise of the greater good.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
Anybody that actually trusts and believes the governments motives are in their own personal best interests is either displaying willful ignorance or has been so indoctrinated that they have been completely blinded from the truth.
It is the nature of every government to become more tyrannical over time. History is rife with evidence of such.
With ever new bureaucracy, law, rule, regulation and tax our freedoms are diminished and the power of the government grows.

Obamacare is nothing more than a power grab designed to put the people further under the heal of government control.

Its a shame that some believe in the theft of human life. For that is what it is when the government steals the fruits ones labor to use for its own purposes under the guise of the greater good.
How's the internet connection in the little wood shake you built for yourself far away from anything that could force you to rely on the government?

Old 10-23-2013, 05:16 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Making a judgment 3 weeks in is a bit premature, maybe we could wait at least 4 weeks?
Wait as many weeks as you wish, it it a failure and will never work, and never be fully implemented. it is doomed. so is comrade obama.
Fools who follow the communist display their ignorance on a daily basis...

Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I am truely shock at the level of confusion on the right as to what PPACA is and is not. I think that is they reason why they continue to still say "Obamacare".
Keep trying to change the name, it is comrade obama's failure and he will deal with it, as both he and his communist healthcare plan are finished.. It is already BK..!!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:18 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm happy with it so far.
Some of the first parts of the ACA were implemented last year. They included no more denial of insurance for pre-existing conditions, no cutting off insurance due to catastrophic illness, no arbitrary caps, and better coverage on preventive medicine. At age 68, and having no med insurance since 2003, all those parts of the law were very important to me. I am at an age where I really needed coverage. That I was able to find the coverage I needed at a very good rate was a big bonus.

I just got health insurance for the first time in a decade last November. Because the rates went down with my company in anticipation of Obamacare, and while I very seldom have ever needed medical insurance, I got a very satisfactory rate. I didn't expect I would need the insurance soon but I did, twice, since then. One illness and one surgery. My last surgery was over 50 years ago.
My co-pays were excellent in both cases, and my drug costs became much more affordable.

I doubt my rates will be better using Obamacare, but that will be easy for me to discover, as my company is on the state exchange. All I have to do is call my agent. Since it is on the exchange, I have no concerns that my insurance will be dropped any time soon.

So for me, the big benefits of the ACA came early.

I plan to check out my state's website; I live in a state that is managing our Obamacare, not the feds, and I'm giving younger folks some time to get their insurance needs filled first. We have a lot of young uninsured living here, and I'm very satisfied for now. If I find advantages when I do enquire, I'll probably switch over to a state offered program.

And since the law is going to be around for a long time now, I may find in the future that my rates or my coverage may be better if I switch. I now have the luxury of time a lot of folks my age did not have just a few years ago. For one member of my family, it was getting insured at any price that suddenly became a necessity for her a couple of years ago, and her costs were very high. She is younger than me and will benefit more than me from Obamacare.

Our Obamacare seems to be doing well. The sign-ups have been much heavier than expected. Our state legislature was very opposed to joining, but our Governor joined us up, and it seems to have been a good thing for us.

Medicare at 65....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies