Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You really should correct the lie in your previous post.

And you don't know what "repeatedly" means. It could have been 3 times in 10 seconds, then shoot the kid.

And by the way, kids have been playing with toy guns for decades.
It was a rhetorical question and at this point in time any kid playing with a fake gun that looks like real gun is putting their life in their hands. Cops, the neighbors or anyone else don't have some kind of magical ball to tell the difference. Again these guns look identical to the real thing, one is real and one is fake...
Kriss Vector Airsoft vs. “Real Steel” - The Firearm Blog

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-24-2013 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: hotlinking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
Quote:
BTW, not too many mass murderers carry a gun around in the middle of the street during the day. In fact, probably none at all.
This is one of the more ignorant statements I have read in a long time. You obviously have no clue what goes in in cities in this country. I have personally seen people pull a gun out and point it at someone who honked at them sitting in traffic.

Spend some time in a poor neighborhood in a city and try again.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:53 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The first question you need to ask is whether or not it is illegal to walk down the street carrying a toy gun? The answer is no..
My opinion is that these guns should fall under the same laws of real guns to be honest. My opinion isn't based on being anti gun either. I don't have any children but if I did they would have the real thing, fake guns would be strictly forbidden.

Quote:
As a matter of fact, the 2nd amendment says you have the right to walk down the street with a real gun.
Works for me. In open carry states like my own you need to 18, the kid was 13 and would be breaking the law if they were treated like real guns. He wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

Quote:
The fact that the toy was or was not a reasonable facsimile to a real rifle is irrelevant.
It makes all the difference in the world. You can't reasonably expect someone to know the difference.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Its a very unfortunate event for all concerned but when you live in a society where guns are very prevalent and people including children are making the news everyday by shooting people its a natural course of thought for the cops that some one walking down the street with a gun and fails to drop the gun when ordered to do so is at a very real potential to get shot.
With the police not knowing the kids intentions and living in a society where so much gun use is prevalent the outcome was inevitable. though i wouldnt call it murder.
This i would call murder, young troubled youth with knife all alone on a Toronto streetcar surrounded by cops, at the one minute mark of the video a single cop responds nine times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2zsuRyjaQ

Last edited by jambo101; 10-24-2013 at 09:17 AM..

Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
it never ceases to amaze me, that people who think they are tough, and think they know what a cop should or should not do, comes up with a thread like this....? Really really shows the mental capacity of your ability OP....
unbelievable....yet, if you were in the same position, you'd have probably shot first.
People like you, make me want to heave my cookies, that you think you are so darn smart. You think for one moment these cops didn't go home and cry????????? What in God's name is wrong with you....???????

You think you actually believe they shot this kid on purpose?????

American's are not only really uninformed, but jugemental and stupidly vocal about showing how unintelligent they really are.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
This thread is proof positive that the majority of Americans have ceased to be able to think objectively and logically.

The first question you need to ask is whether or not it is illegal to walk down the street carrying a toy gun? The answer is no. As a matter of fact, the 2nd amendment says you have the right to walk down the street with a real gun.

The second question you need to ask was did this child do anything to warrant a reaction that he was acting with violence or force in any way shape or form? Again the answer is no.

The third question you need to ask is whether the failure to follow an order from LEO justifies murder. The answer is no.

The fact that the toy was or was not a reasonable facsimile to a real rifle is irrelevant.

The fact is that a child was murdered by a coward. It is also a fact that anyone who defends this murder is as much of a low life as the perpetrator.

Of course the corrupt government will cover up this murder as they do all LEO murders.
Quote:
I agree unless we find out that the cops spent at least an hour pleading with the kid and the kid pointed the gun at them.

A life is worth at least an hour of their time. Of course that would mean they have to check their ego at the door.
you guys really need to out yourself in the cops shoes. you have someone carrying what looks to be a real firearm, and is playing with said firearm. did the kid point the weapon at the cop? i dont know i wasnt there, and neither were you guys. did the kid decide not to listen to the cop when he told the kid to put the gun down? yes the kid did decide not to listen. again you guys were not there, so you dont know. if the kid had listened to the cop, he would be alive today playing with that same toy, but perhaps with the orange nub on the barrel end to show that is it a toyu gun and not a real one. cops dont want to get killed anymore than anyone else does, and if you threaten them, they will respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
it never ceases to amaze me, that people who think they are tough, and think they know what a cop should or should not do, comes up with a thread like this....? Really really shows the mental capacity of your ability OP....
unbelievable....yet, if you were in the same position, you'd have probably shot first.
People like you, make me want to heave my cookies, that you think you are so darn smart. You think for one moment these cops didn't go home and cry????????? What in God's name is wrong with you....???????

You think you actually believe they shot this kid on purpose?????

American's are not only really uninformed, but jugemental and stupidly vocal about showing how unintelligent they really are.
well said.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you guys really need to out yourself in the cops shoes. you have someone carrying what looks to be a real firearm, and is playing with said firearm. did the kid point the weapon at the cop? i dont know i wasnt there, and neither were you guys. did the kid decide not to listen to the cop when he told the kid to put the gun down? yes the kid did decide not to listen. again you guys were not there, so you dont know. if the kid had listened to the cop, he would be alive today playing with that same toy, but perhaps with the orange nub on the barrel end to show that is it a toyu gun and not a real one. cops dont want to get killed anymore than anyone else does, and if you threaten them, they will respond.

well said.
right back at cha!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the liberal media is making a whole lot out of this, just to bring more of a case against gun laws. I'm sorry, but this is absolute ignorance, to make statements like this....I don't know any cop on God's green earth who this wouldn't affect in a harmful way, for the rest of their lives.
In case none of these $#$%&* holes don't know, a whole lot of toy guns look like real guns now a days, and they ought to put a law on the books stating this shouldn't be for this very reason.

These cops didn't know it wasn't a real gun, PERIOD! Boy, for all of you in this thread who are banging the cops for this, take your anger and put it in a much more constructive area. But to blame these cops, is so assinine. They told the kid to drop the gun, he was probably in a state of shock, and didn't know what the heck to do, so he froze, and when he did that, unfortunately the cops thought he had a real gun....

My son's a cop, and I'll be damn if I'd want him to take a chance and question first? They can't, enough cops are killed every years, who have left behind families, children.

If you guys think for one moment that these cops won't be hounded by this the rest of their living days, your nuts, your totally off....and need help.

These cops will have to look at their own children and think of this for the rest of their lives....
These cops will probably have anger problems, drinking problems, you name it.....
You guys have a whole lot of nerve, saying these things about cops, when you were not even there, and you have no idea what a cop goes thru day in and day out.

Man, this country if gull of really really really sick people.

How dare you all of you, talk like this about men who are paid very little to do a thankless job, who put they're lives on the line every single day to keep you safe, who and by the way, have a passion for being a police officer, b/c they wanted to make a difference.

If I were you, I'd get down on my hands and knees and ask God forgivenness for what you've implied about these men, b/c someday, Karma has a way of coming around and biting you right in the arse. you ought to be ashamed, to write such terrible things.....I don't believe any of you are in your right mind.

Are there bad cops out there, sure there are, there is good and bad in everything and everyone, even you, but did these cops shoot this kid on purpose, My God, what is wrong with your minds?

Pathetic!!!!

And a word to the ignorant, these cops are human beings, just like you, just like me....they bleed like you do, they will have nightmares and cold sweats for the rest of their living days....you honestly think these poor men, will walk away from this? I think not....this is a sad, very very sad day for both the cops, their families, and of course, for the child that was killed. Yes, it's a horrible thing to have to happen, but sometimes, horrible things in life do happen....life isn't easy, and sometimes, it sucks to be alive, did you ever think of that?????

Boy, I am sick of the entire human race, when I read how ugly you people are about something so sad and sensitive.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:43 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
so the kids parents DEFIED/broke the 1989 and 1992 laws requiring all toy guns to have an orange tip

Old 10-24-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
This thread is proof positive that the majority of Americans have ceased to be able to think objectively and logically.

The first question you need to ask is whether or not it is illegal to walk down the street carrying a toy gun? The answer is no. As a matter of fact, the 2nd amendment says you have the right to walk down the street with a real gun.

The second question you need to ask was did this child do anything to warrant a reaction that he was acting with violence or force in any way shape or form? Again the answer is no.

The third question you need to ask is whether the failure to follow an order from LEO justifies murder. The answer is no.

The fact is that a child was murdered by a coward. It is also a fact that anyone who defends this murder is as much of a low life as the perpetrator.

Of course the corrupt government will cover up this murder as they do all LEO murders.
Your opening sentence says it all, what is happening to the intelligence of human beings?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:45 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
The police over reacted and murdered the boy... there are some rules like don't fire upon unless you are actively engaged... too bad these cops lack the brain cells to remember that toy gun exists and that kids play with them... if you can't deal with it, then maybe you shouldn't be a cop...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies