Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 04:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
we're not different? that's funny. I see violent riots from all over the world from people angry over the lack of opportunities, jobs, benefits, etc in other countries. meanwhile, fat broke Americans sit on their couches watching dr. phil. in fact, we've got half of the disadvantage blaming the other half. so until it happens, I just don't see it happening IN THIS COUNTRY, but I can't say for sure it won't and you definitely can't say for sure it will.
I sure can. And I can say it with perfect confidence. Explain why or how human nature is different here than any other or all other countries.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:12 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I sure can. And I can say it with perfect confidence. Explain why or how human nature is different here than any other or all other countries.
it's not human nature. it's about how we deal with authority and how we socialize. it's about the pathology of Americans who, even when they whine about big government, believe in order and structure. there have been plenty of reasons and opportunities for people to riot in the streets in the last few years, yet things have remain relatively quiet. the people who thought black people would be out in the streets losing our minds after the Zimmerman verdict are the same ones hoping for race wars and welfare riots.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:16 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Excellent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Thomas Sowell was at one time a respectable academic who produced some interesting work. Sadly, he is now little more than a right-wing political hack. He conveniently ignores any facts that don't fit in with his conservative ideology and NEVER sees anything wrong with Republicans, capitalists, white people, the military, or the rich. And now he is buying into the extreme right-wing racial paranoia (The coming race war? Give me a break. That's Stormfront talk. )

And while he seems to know every misdeed by anonymous black criminals, he doesn't have anything good to say about how America's black middle-class has grown, the astounding number of black Americans in high political, business, artistic, and professional circles, the growing number of black kids in college, and of course, the watershed election of a black President. Twice.

To reiterate: He's an intellectually dishonest hack of the first magnitude, and if the right-wing Hoover Institution--home to several other doddering, out-of-touch Republicans--weren't paying him he probably couldn't make a living selling hot dogs on a street corner.
Excellent post and spot on.

End of this stupid thread.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:28 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
So, when is the Race War going to start?

I need to go out and buy some barricades and more ammo.

Oh, wait ... it already started with OJ Simpson and Trayvon according to the article, right? ...

I mean when is it going to really start?

Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times
With an increasingly militarized police force along with other aspects of the homeland security state, a bunch of bebe kids rampaging is the least of America's worries.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:36 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
black on white violence is not a race war. Now if whites retaliated you could call it a race war.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:25 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
The whole thing is just to sell books (Violence sells a lot of books and violence mixed with race sells even more). It would really be a lame book if it was titled 'Black and White man grab a beer after work and watch a Basketball game' which happens millions of times every day.

In reality what percent of the black population in this country breaks out into mobs and kills a white person because of their race? Probably less than the chance of getting killed by lightning (73 per year average). But 'masses killed by lightning' doesn't make as good of a title of the book.

"It's all about making money"

Old 10-24-2013, 07:03 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
it's not human nature. it's about how we deal with authority and how we socialize. it's about the pathology of Americans who, even when they whine about big government, believe in order and structure. there have been plenty of reasons and opportunities for people to riot in the streets in the last few years, yet things have remain relatively quiet. the people who thought black people would be out in the streets losing our minds after the Zimmerman verdict are the same ones hoping for race wars and welfare riots.
LOL!!! Nonsense!

Human nature is what it is. The only difference between US and the "them" of history, was a culture of individual responsibility. Once that was destroyed by the left... "we" are the same as "them".

Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Houston we have a problem.
I think Sowell is doing what he has done his entire career--i.e. tell white people what they want to hear, and get paid for it.

Look, of course these attacks are hideous. Of course the people who perpetrate them should be punished. But let's not lose sight of the central reality: that despite these high profile cases, the vast majority of violence occurs within racial groups, not between racial groups. The vast majority of whites are killed by whites, not blacks. The vast majority of blacks are killed by blacks, not whites. As long as that remains the case, I don't see much to this talk about a looming "race war."

Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
LOL!!! Nonsense!

Human nature is what it is. The only difference between US and the "them" of history, was a culture of individual responsibility. Once that was destroyed by the left... "we" are the same as "them".
I'm still waiting for you to show precedence. as we know, pass behavior is the biggest predictor of future behavior. you counter my well thought out response with "nonsense", but all you have offered is nonsense. no actual explanation of what led you to your initial prediction of welfare riots. the history of this nation tells me that such riots are highly unlikely in our lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies