Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 06:38 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Please explain how a housing ordinance which sets maximum capacity at 6 for related individuals and 2 for unrelated individuals is a SAFETY issue.

Put another way, if it is safe for a family of six to live in a house, how is it unsafe instead for three unrelated persons to live in the same house?
What in the world does this have to do with minimum wage in SeaTac?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 06:39 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Please explain how a housing ordinance which sets maximum capacity at 6 for related individuals and 2 for unrelated individuals is a SAFETY issue.

Put another way, if it is safe for a family of six to live in a house, how is it unsafe instead for three unrelated persons to live in the same house?
why don't you explain what you mean

what ordinace..where...written by whom

is it a town not wanting slums...or is it a landloard, wanting to control what comes into his building

you have shown in the past that you are quite warped...please continue

Old 11-07-2013, 06:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

If rents weren't do damn high, fast food workers wouldn't be agitating for a $15/hr minimum wage.

If housing regulation were reduced, rents wouldn't be so darn high.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
it doesn't...this guy who is happy earning 15k a year and will get a 3/4 pension from ss is always bashing housing, education, and personal responsibility

Quote:

Quote:

??? How does someone in a menial dead-end job improve their work skills?
been answered many, many times....you refuse to listen and learn from anyone
Quote:

Quote:

I can't find full time work, I have no marketable skills and employers prefer unskilled workers half my age, plus I have student loan debt that reduces what little available money I have.
many posters to including myself and one Mod, have given you many, many suggestions and avenues of approach for fixing and helping your situation......

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero
but all you do is give excuses of why you cant....

many have suggested the library.....but you have an excuse of why you cant

many have suggested job shaddowing...but you have an excuse of why you cant

many have suggested grants, loans, etc....you have an exuses of why you cant

all you want to do is blame someone to include your parents, but you never look in the mirror

your 50+ years old man...get with the program
//www.city-data.com/forum/28136...htmlOriginally Posted by workingclasshero
but you will have an excuse...you even bragg about how you are on you way to a 2/3 SS pension and are stealing from the government by working off the books

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt
I'm on track to get $900 a month from Social Security. Take that away and I'm in deep doo doo. Poor grandpa, that will be me in a few years.b

What's that you say, I should have saved for retirement? How much do you realistically expect people to save on a $15K income?

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by workingclasshero
so let's see if I get this straight

your 50 something...and supposedly UNSKILLED (at 50...really?????)

you settle for a 15k a year job

save NOTHING

and then plan on getting a 2/3 pension when you retire (900/month is over 10k a year )

btw your contributions to ss 6%...6% of 15k is 900 A YEAR

so you think it good that you contribut 900 a year (and your employeer matches it) for you to get 900/month????? how liberal of you

Old 11-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
why don't you explain what you mean

what ordinace..where...written by whom

is it a town not wanting slums...or is it a landloard, wanting to control what comes into his building

you have shown in the past that you are quite warped...please continue

Are you really as uninformed as you are acting here?

A number of towns and cities have enacted local ordinances setting unrelated occupancy limits lower than the occupancy limits for related persons. While these discriminatory restrictions are most common in college towns - where landlords and tenants commonly respond to limited supply and high rents by having several occupants to split the rent - they also exist in larger towns and cities including Lubbock.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:51 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
it doesn't...this guy who is happy earning 15k a year and will get a 3/4 pension from ss is always bashing housing, education, and personal responsibility
Ah yes, I remember now. I choose to not engage.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:

??? I have never worked off the books, where did you get that idea?

Old 11-07-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Are you really as uninformed as you are acting here?

A number of towns and cities have enacted local ordinances setting unrelated occupancy limits lower than the occupancy limits for related persons. While these discriminatory restrictions are most common in college towns - where landlords and tenants commonly respond to limited supply and high rents by having several occupants to split the rent - they also exist in larger towns and cities including Lubbock.
have never seen such a thing...and I have lived in many states (ny,wv, tn, nc, wi, nj)

but it also makes sense...do you really thinks a 1000sf 3 bedroom apt should allow more than 6 people???

what do you want 5 to a bed??

there is no talking to you

Old 11-07-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
These are two separate topics, best handled with two separate debates. If we could reduce housing costs without causing deleterious side effects, why wouldn't we do it, regardless of what the minimum wage is?

Because classist middle class homeowners consider "burger flippers owning homes in my neighborhood" a deleterious side effect.

If someone can refute this I'd love to hear it.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
have never seen such a thing...and I have lived in many states (ny,wv, tn, nc, wi, nj)

but it also makes sense...do you really thinks a 1000sf 3 bedroom apt should allow more than 6 people???

what do you want 5 to a bed??

there is no talking to you

Are you dense or just not paying attention? My issue is NOT about allowing a maximum of 6 people in a 1000sf house...my issue is If it is safe and legal for a family of 6 to live in a 1000sf house why is it unsafe and illegal for 3 unrelated individuals to live in the same 1000sf house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies