Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? I have never worked off the books, where did you get that idea?
from you...you said you did side jobs.and had a side job..did you get 1099's for them....did you report the income.....please I have a darn good memory

//www.city-data.com/forum/28676522-post1383.html
Quote:
originally posted by freemkt
I have a side business but I'm not (yet) pulling cash out of it, all profit has been put back into the business, in the form of more inventory. Currently I have $200 cash and $11K of inventory. That's probably unbalanced, and I'm close to the point of having no more space for add'l inventory.

Last edited by workingclasshero; 11-07-2013 at 07:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Because classist middle class homeowners consider "burger flippers owning homes in my neighborhood" a deleterious side effect.

If someone can refute this I'd love to hear it.
most people understand a burgerflipper is a STARTER JOB for UNSKILLED workers...not 50 yr olds with a degree in something

Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Are you dense or just not paying attention? My issue is NOT about allowing a maximum of 6 people in a 1000sf house...my issue is If it is safe and legal for a family of 6 to live in a 1000sf house why is it unsafe and illegal for 3 unrelated individuals to live in the same 1000sf house?
show me where is is not allowed

when I went to college there was 4 of us in a 3 bedroom apt...none of us related

you have shown your untruthfulness ...AGAIN

Old 11-07-2013, 07:13 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
from you...you said you did side jobs.and had a side job..did you get 1099's for them....did you report the income.....please I have a darn good memory

I have a side business but I'm not (yet) pulling cash out of it, all profit has been put back into the business, in the form of more inventory. Currently I have $200 cash and $11K of inventory. That's probably unbalanced, and I'm close to the point of having no more space for add'l inventory.

Yes, I have a recurring gig I found on Craiigslist and it's not off the books. Also I work remotely on intermittent projects (data mining and data entry) for a former employer, this also is not off the books. Plus the above - no taxable income from that yet. I pay tax on the realized income (first two above) but why would I pay tax on unrealized income?

Old 11-07-2013, 07:15 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So the business owners pricing is regulated by the Port of Seattle and their labor costs just increased substantially - and liberals are cheering this on? Wow, talk about crazy. That's a way to put people out of business pretty quickly.
business, business, business!

lol, increase it to $25, i'd say.

if you're so sure of the system, then this shouldn't break it, right?

and if it does, the system needed to be done away with anyway.

how about you stop paying people by the hour and just give them a monthly salary that they can actually survive on?

yours,
a minimum wage slave.

i mean, you don't think people deserve to be able to eat?

Old 11-07-2013, 07:20 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
business, business, business!

lol, increase it to $25, i'd say.

if you're so sure of the system, then this shouldn't break it, right?

and if it does, the system needed to be done away with anyway.

how about you stop paying people by the hour and just give them a monthly salary that they can actually survive on?

yours,
a minimum wage slave.

i mean, you don't think people deserve to be able to eat?
Well, if you make minimum wage, you must be very young and entry level, right? Here's the thing. You won't get paid anything or be able to find that better job if you put the businesses out of business. Pretty simple concept really. Wouldn't you rather move up the ladder and not make minimum wage because you're a better employee that is more attractive to employers?

Old 11-07-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
show me where is is not allowed

when I went to college there was 4 of us in a 3 bedroom apt...none of us related

you have shown your untruthfulness ...AGAIN

Is the following sufficient for you or do you require more?

This isn't even the entire first page of the hits I got from "unrelated occupants":

1: https://www.google.com/#psj=1&q=%22u...d+occupants%22

2: Several cities have implemented the "three unrelated persons" ordinance. This means that no more than three unrelated persons can occupy a residence within a single-family district. Occupancy allowed is not related to the number of bedrooms in a home, but the zoning district and uses allowed for that zoning district. Over-occupancy can lead to safety concerns and other issues that disturb your neighbors, such as excessive vehicle parking and noise as well as decreasing property value.
http://www.change.org/petitions/city...mily-residence

3: Ordinances restricting number of unrelated occupants |Tim Ballering - Just A Landlord

4: The rules were made clear to Taryn when she moved in: If the city of Minneapolis comes knocking, don’t talk. Don’t let them in.
Secrecy is critical for Taryn and her five roommates. They have been breaking the law all year, and their landlord knows it. Although their house in Southeast Como has six bedrooms, the city only allows three unrelated people to live there.
So when city officials made an appointment to inspect the house for over-occupancy, Taryn’s landlord sprang into action. The night before the inspection, the landlord and his tenants loaded furniture from half of the bedrooms out the back door and onto a moving truck. The city inspector arrived the next day and found three bedrooms and three roommates. Everything checked out.
The truck returned the next morning, and the other three roommates moved their beds and belongings back in that day. It was an extreme solution to a common problem.

Renting against the ordinance | mndaily.com - The Minnesota Daily

5: At the November 27, 2012 City Commission meeting, the Commission considered a memo related to occupancy limits and directed staff to submit language that would reduce the occupancy for Detached Dwelling (single-family) and Duplex uses in certain districts from 4 unrelated occupants to 3 unrelated occupants. This code revision is intended to apply the 3-person occupancy limit, currently applied in only RS districts, to all neighborhoods that contain a majority of single-family and duplex uses in order to consistently apply a standard viewed as beneficial to such neighborhoods.

Memorandum

Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:

This isn't even the entire first page of the hits I got from "unrelated occupants":

2: Several cities have implemented the "three unrelated persons" ordinance. This means that no more than three unrelated persons can occupy a residence within a single-family district. Occupancy allowed is not related to the number of bedrooms in a home, but the zoning district and uses allowed for that zoning district. Over-occupancy can lead to safety concerns and other issues that disturb your neighbors, such as excessive vehicle parking and noise as well as decreasing property value.

3: Ordinances restricting number of unrelated occupants |Tim Ballering - Just A Landlord

4: The rules were made clear to Taryn when she moved in: If the city of Minneapolis comes knocking, don’t talk. Don’t let them in.
Secrecy is critical for Taryn and her five roommates. They have been breaking the law all year, and their landlord knows it. Although their house in Southeast Como has six bedrooms, the city only allows three unrelated people to live there.
So when city officials made an appointment to inspect the house for over-occupancy, Taryn’s landlord sprang into action. The night before the inspection, the landlord and his tenants loaded furniture from half of the bedrooms out the back door and onto a moving truck. The city inspector arrived the next day and found three bedrooms and three roommates. Everything checked out.
The truck returned the next morning, and the other three roommates moved their beds and belongings back in that day. It was an extreme solution to a common problem.

5: At the November 27, 2012 City Commission meeting, the Commission considered a memo related to occupancy limits and directed staff to submit language that would reduce the occupancy for Detached Dwelling (single-family) and Duplex uses in certain districts from 4 unrelated occupants to 3 unrelated occupants. This code revision is intended to apply the 3-person occupancy limit, currently applied in only RS districts, to all neighborhoods that contain a majority of single-family and duplex uses in order to consistently apply a standard viewed as beneficial to such neighborhoods.

Memorandum
Seriously, start your own thread and debate the issue on its merits. Stop hijacking threads.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:

I get one 1099 from my former employer but not from the CL gig because the CL gig pays less than $400 annually. Ordinarily the CL gig would not be subject to self-employment tax (because it's under $400) but the greater 1099 income makes it SE-taxable.. But the SE tax from CL is less than $50 so I don't even have to send it in, as my W-2 withholding covers it.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:

Memorandum
and it makes sense...why would you want to put 4 or more in a tiny 2 bedroom apt???

you want the days of 20 people stacked in a small room...you want the days of the depression era??

is that what you want, to live like caged animals packed in a cage

again you show how off the wall you are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies