Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 10:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFR12 View Post
The government who allowed them in is the problem. They sell out national sovereignty to the EU, they sell out identity to immigrants, jobs to immigrants, then jobs for slave labor in other countries, and our traditions and our flags stepped on in our face!

We are tired of this disaster of experiment!
They had no choice. Deep in debt they had to go to the IMF for a loan.
Why didn't they do what Iceland did instead ? Tell the bankers to shove it ?

You shouldn't have closed your eyes to years of corruption that got your country deeper and deeper into debt with no way to pay it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 10:59 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
greece will be gone in 100 years if it does not encourage massive immigration according to its population pyramid.

greek women are not having kids.

as i said in a prior post, this is survival of the fittest natural selection darwin.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:02 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wouldn't be going to Greece to sell anything. However, I just want to know how I can avoid the danger zones. I'm sure some industries will be grateful to have tourists. However, I don't think members of Golden Dawn will care at all.

And Greece isn't the only nation. Russia is having major issues with Neo-Nazi violence, and some African students have even been killed.
Well, there is no need for a tour group in Greece. It's perfectly safe, besides some shady parts in the bigger cities. You can read about them in some guidebooks (lonely planet usually has a section on safety) or on wikitravel.
You don't have to worry about your skin colour in Greece, Greek people are perfectly used to hords of tourists from all parts of the world. If you are scared of big cities in general, you could just avoid Athens alltogether and stick to the islands. Seriously, the nicest and most laid back people I've ever met

Old 11-09-2013, 11:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFR12 View Post
Ask the liars and traitors in governments. Then again, they will lie to you even then! As for the people, the government knows if they keep the people happy and watching X Factor then they will not care of anything! I don't know why there a still naive people who follow the liars and traitors like sheep because I'm not one of them. People think "oh it's 2013 and I have football to watch, the government must be our friend because "it's the 21st century." How stupid and naive to say such nonsense that because of a number of a year and you get to watch X Factor, that your government is not tyrannical? It's just another form of tyranny, and for many of us, we can't even enjoy those comforts most have anymore because of layoffs and austerity! It is all around us! The cards are falling out of place and the assassination and unjust arrests prove it!
Greece is the canary in the coal mine.
Iceland did the right thing and recovered.
Greece bowed to politics.

I've been following what has happened in Greece from several various websites, most not US.
Don't think the other European countries beholden to the IMF aren't paying attention.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:26 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I get concerned for this reason. I don't want this to turn into something violent. I think about Golden Dawn in Greece. I've wanted to travel there. Now I wonder how I will travel there safely? I am American, but I'm also Black. My #1 concern, if I am a tourist, is safety.

Too late. It will become 'something violent'.

The time to stop it was in the 1990's.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:01 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/09/wo...ld/index.jsonp

Not the same really as our 'right wing'. I can appreciate their concerns. Those countries have real cultures and identities that are being edged out by immigrant Muslims. The Scandinavian ones are able to make their welfare states work because their populations are fundamentally responsible, educated, and hard working - an influx of uneducated non-westerners ready to freeload threatens that. Before long they'll be like America, where there are too many unproductive people and too many people ready to freeload to ever make a comprehensive welfare system for the truly needy sustainable.

They're not fooled by the popular political narrative that Islam is the "religion of peace" - they know it brings oppression hostility and is a real contrast to the personal freedom that was hard won in the West.
Funny when Americans do the same thing about massive 3rd world immigration we are called bigots, racist, or alarmist...

As for the rise of nationalism, good for them, hung those Marxist parasites.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:06 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Neo Nazi groups have been gaining ground , especially in Eastern Europe. I read somewhere that some UK hate groups have ties to the Tea Party.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:19 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
all of europe will be the exact same in 100 years. have fun losing your culture morons

Old 11-09-2013, 11:02 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That salad bowl multi-cultural diversity scheme didn't quite work out they way they thought did it ?
Heck No - it's a powder keg over there. I spend about two month a year in Europe and I've made it a habit to brush up on my Turkish every time I go through Germany. I find it VERY helpful to know the basics.

I hear some communities have now stopped having pork meatballs on the menu for their schools/kindergartens as that offends the muslims. Never mind that, in the case of Denmark, those Frikadeller are a national dish.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Heck No - it's a powder keg over there. I spend about two month a year in Europe and I've made it a habit to brush up on my Turkish every time I go through Germany. I find it VERY helpful to know the basics.

I hear some communities have now stopped having pork meatballs on the menu for their schools/kindergartens as that offends the muslims. Never mind that, in the case of Denmark, those Frikadeller are a national dish.
send them back, if they dont leave, make them...you want to live in your culture, with your views, and your values, fine do it somewhere else..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies