Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 10:26 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
The real question is how many INCUMBENTS, both republican and democrat will lose their seat over the 16 day government shutdown that cost our country $24 billion? It's been proven time and time again these dems and pubs can't work together, I think they all need to go.
I can only guarantee one Alaskan Democrat Senator will lose their seat in 2014, because that is the only one up for reelection in 2014. Rep. Young (R-AK) will obviously keep his seat. By 2016 Alaska will have replaced both of its Senators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And with more people being covered with good insurance policies, more people will realize that they are better off than before, so yes, the Democrats do OWN the ACA and it will show when they win more seats in Congress.

You're a democratic propagandist and an enemy of the truth. Nothing more, nothing less

Old 11-10-2013, 11:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You just go ahead and keep thinking people are happy with this disaster..
And I will have a good laugh with the far right is wondering what went wrong just like they did in 2012.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Should I give you my single male neighbor's phone number so that you can explain to him why he should be happy with his increased insurance rates and higher out-of-pocket costs that allows him to now have maternity care? He voted for Obama, thought Obamacare was a great idea, and used to lecture me about how I just didn't understand how great it was going to be. Now all he does is whine about it and I can find zero words of comfort for him. Truthfully, it is taking everything I have not to tell him I can't think of a nicer person for it to happen to and that just wouldn't be good for future neighborly relations.
If it is good insurance, it will be designed to cover anything, not just the things that may or may not happen to a person. You don't get to pick and choose what your insurance does and doesn't cover. You can pick and choose the level of your co-pay and how much is covered.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The American voter has a very short attention span. Even if there is another shutdown in january, it will be long forgotten by october and november. What WILL be on the front pages is the ACA and people will not be happy.
I think you will be wrong about this one. I think by November 2014, people will have already begun settling into ACA and have realized it isn't as doom and gloom as the Republicans tried to make it out to be and the Republicans will be scrambling to try to work up any other "controversy" that they can find.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I can only guarantee one Alaskan Democrat Senator will lose their seat in 2014, because that is the only one up for reelection in 2014. Rep. Young (R-AK) will obviously keep his seat. By 2016 Alaska will have replaced both of its Senators.
Though you are probably right seeing Alaska tends to go Republican more often than not, I will definitely get a kick out of your election if a Democrat wins. Though a Republican winning in Alaska really isn't that big of a deal seeing that loss will be made up in another state.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
You're a democratic propagandist and an enemy of the truth. Nothing more, nothing less
Just because you don't like the truth doesn't make me an enemy of the truth. I have seen where you get your "truth" from and it isn't pretty or honest.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:31 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
None. American voters are too stupid to associate Obamacare with democrats and adverse consequences to themselves, as voters.

They will respond and vote for whoever opposes "the war on women" and "gay marriage".
The party that opposes the Democrat war on women and upholds marriage as a union between a man and a woman is the GOP.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:22 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Im always amused when I read some of the posters.

The dmocrat....
...war on women
...government shutdown

really? Do you honestly believe that? Cause 95% of the rest of the world doesnt, and the republicans were VERY public about the republican plan to shutdown the government....all the way up until they realized it didnt really have a good smell too it, then they pointed it at Cruz alone, and blamed him and shadowey boogeymen in the republican party.... And the republican war on women statements have been a regular staple simply because a small minority of your side keeps shoving their foot in their mouth. Kinda unfair to the group as a whole, but then...you keep funding these morons. What is wrong with you folks?

So on topic, the elections a year away, all of the ranting and raving going on now wont be remembered by most. If the tea party does a lot of primary challenges I think that we're going to see the Republicans lose. So it really depends on the next 6 months or so.

Reading city forums you get a really skewed sense of things. the extremes are very popular here. And yes a lot of them are from very uneducated people. On the left its folks saying Obama didnt lie at all. Uhmmm...no. You could say he was mistaken, or he didnt realize how wrong he was and I might buy it.....but the statements he made were incorrect. Then the right...wow...so much crazy. Mostly because Obama is the one in power.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Though you are probably right seeing Alaska tends to go Republican more often than not, I will definitely get a kick out of your election if a Democrat wins. Though a Republican winning in Alaska really isn't that big of a deal seeing that loss will be made up in another state.
It will be one less Democrat who can destroy the nation with their foul fascist ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies