Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 09:17 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
ROFLMAO! Consider the source.

Palin top pick of Alaska Republicans - Public Policy Polling

Sarah Palin has not lived in Alaska, or owns any property in Alaska, in over two years. Please tell us, genius, how is a citizen of the State of Arizona going to run for Senator in Alaska?

Once again, another fine example of a completely irrational thought process.
How did Hilary Clinton qualify to run for the New York senate? At least Palin has lived in Alaska most all of her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 09:23 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well it does make me an enemy of the far right "truth" that gets spoon fed to you from your right wing media outlets. .
Which "right wing media outlets" would those be?

I do not get cable, and I canceled my satellite subscription in August 2006. I do not get Fox, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, or CNN, or any broadcast television.

Every post you make demonstrates just how disconnected from the truth and reality you truly are. Seek professional help.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
How did Hilary Clinton qualify to run for the New York senate? At least Palin has lived in Alaska most all of her life.
Obviously Hillary became a resident of the State of New York before she ran for public office. If you are not a resident of a given State, you cannot run for public office in that State. Seems pretty simple to me. Although I am not the least bit surprised that it is beyond the comprehension of liberal freaks.

Sarah Palin has more chance of running against Senator McCain than against Senator Begich. She is not even allowed to vote in Alaska any longer. ROFL!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:35 AM

4,583 posts, read 3,411,758 times
I follow Election Projection. Their initial opening prediction for 2014 is:

GOP gains 4 Senate seats
Dems gain 4 House seats
Dems gain 4 Governorships

And this is a conservative source

Old 11-11-2013, 09:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon5 View Post
As we all know 2014 is a midterm election year. A few short weeks ago I wouldn't have thought it possible for the GOP to retake the Senate but with Obamacare now making life miserable for millions of Americans I'd say that it's a very real possibility. The mainstream media and the internet surfing Obamabots (such as those posting on this site) are in a frenzy trying to do damage control and regurgitating more lies and propaganda about how great this law is. To all those whose policies are getting cancelled or whose premiums have/will increase it doesn't matter though. They are pissed off and just itching for a chance to make their voices heard next November. The Dems in Congress know it and are very much scared of what 2014 brings. This is why many of them are starting to call for a delay of the individual mandate. They don't give a damn about the harm that is being done to the American people but they are prepared to do and say whatever it takes to keep their place in Congress. It looks like it may be too little too late though. When it finally gets here the 2014 midterms may have Dems thinking of the 2010 midterms as the good all days.
Two issues will be the deciding factor.
1. Whether Obamacare actually turns out to be a good deal or not .
2. How the media plays it. In fact i'd say its the media who decides who wins or loses elections by the way they portray the candidates.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:38 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I follow Election Projection. Their initial opening prediction for 2014 is:

GOP gains 4 Senate seats
Dems gain 4 House seats
Dems gain 4 Governorships

And this is a conservative source
At least conservatives are honest.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:38 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:

I do not get cable, and I canceled my satellite subscription in August 2006. I do not get Fox, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, or CNN, or any broadcast television.

Every post you make demonstrates just how disconnected from the truth and reality you truly are. Seek professional help.
I don't monitor your activities, you would have to tell me what right wing media you pay attention to.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
My guess is that republicans will do quite well in state and federal elections come 2014. No one gives a crap about the dem shutdown but they will vote based on obamacare and people HATE it.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:49 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,685 times
Quote:

Quote:
I don't monitor your activities, you would have to tell me what right wing media you pay attention to.

You can turn on AM radio and get the right wing viewpoint 24 hours a day, sometimes from as many as five stations at once. Sometimes I like to turn on Limbaugh or Hannity to see if they can go 20 seconds without basing Obama. Even worst than the mainstream right wing bashing is some of the stuff that comes out of the Christian Evangelical stations. Limbaugh and company is their listeners have aged as they have. Can you imagine a 25 year old listening to the right wing propaganda?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
You mean that you deliberately LIED when you said:
"Well it does make me an enemy of the far right "truth" that gets spoon fed to you from your right wing media outlets."
Say it is not so?!?!?!?

I rest my case, you are indeed an enemy of the truth. Thanks for demonstrating it for all to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies