Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

Miley thought she is cool and people in holland and all over the world will like her so called cool behavior but the Dutch newspapers came out today stating that The city of Amsterdam is not happy at all and this is not the image they want to portray.

As a Dutch born person I know how annoying it is when people ask where you are from and the first things they say is;

- weed/ coffee shops

- gay marriage ( although after being the first country now many countries have followed and defiantly not all Dutch people are in favor of gay marriages but many are in favor of equal legal rights for same sex couples as for couple of opposite sexes)

Back in the days people would say about holland;

- wooden shoes

- beautiful canal views and historic buildings

- tulips/ flowers / Keukenhof

- Rembrandt and Vincent Van Gogh

Now Miley is trying to ruin the image even more all for her few minutes of additional fame and if that is her way of becoming a role model than please black her out on tv!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 05:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Miley thought she is cool and people in holland and all over the world will like her so called cool behavior but the Dutch newspapers came out today stating that The city of Amsterdam is not happy at all and this is not the image they want to portray.

As a Dutch born person I know how annoying it is when people ask where you are from and the first things they say is;

- weed/ coffee shops

- gay marriage ( although after being the first country now many countries have followed and defiantly not all Dutch people are in favor of gay marriages but many are in favor of equal legal rights for same sex couples as for couple of opposite sexes)
What can you say. The Dutch lawmakers back in the 1980s made sure Holland would be known for drugs, prostitution, gays, and other moral decay and US is following that example.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:43 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,245,042 times
I'm pretty sure the city of Amsterdam, as in the people who live there, couldn't care less.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:47 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What can you say. The Dutch lawmakers back in the 1980s made sure Holland would be known for drugs, prostitution, gays, and other moral decay and US is following that example.
I will take the Netherlands way over your hateful and downright evil Christian "Morality" any day.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:51 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
I will take the Netherlands way over your hateful and downright evil Christian "Morality" any day.
In the last days Good is bad, and bad is good.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
I believe they accept immigrants.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrashed View Post
I'm pretty sure the city of Amsterdam, as in the people who live there, couldn't care less.
There are many Dutch who are not happy with that reputation.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
I'm not opposed to Miley Cyrus smoking cannabis. However; she is really starting to make an a** out of herself these days! WTF does Disney do to those kids?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
The Dutch have their embarassing druggie culture and the USA has its embarassing low-talent moronic pop celebrities.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
As a Dutch born person and having lived there for decades I can tell you that over the years education and other things have gone down a lot and partly arethe liberal laws to blame for that since kids are performing less while using weeds and other stuff and sex at all times of the day on tv is not doing any positive purpose to anybody.

Only some people think it is cool to use the F word on tv all the time, so Christian or whatever morality someone wants to mention is at least helping for young people to focus better or more important things.

The Pink/Gay Parade has been going on there for decades and I remember being at work in retail at the time and not getting one customer in the door due to the Gay parade and little kids walking with their kissing 2 moms and/or dad. Everything was so over the top and just done to shock.

I don't have issues with gay people but just as a regular couple I don't need to see what they should do behind closed doors! Especially not in front of little kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies