Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 03:27 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,774,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
The American fascists of the 30's and 40's changed their name to progressive, not I. I was still decades away from being born.

No they didn't.
Sure they did! You think the fascists just vanished? No, they just changed their name!

If you studied the history, you can find actual quotes from the fascists of that time on the topic of the name of their movement.

Fascist = progressive.

Woodrow Wilson = America's first fascist President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 03:29 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,815,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
That was the worst mistake he ever made, and one that today's progressives unanimously condemn.
Hitler made a similar mistake.

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Where did anyone say that she doesn't have the right to run? We as citizens and voters also have the right to inveigh against her ruinous message, don't we? We don't want someone who advocates a ruinous system that has brought poverty and misery wherever it has been tried.
It was based off the comment from the person I was replying to who said the foreigner needs to go back to her former country. She is a citizen of this country now, she can run for office as a Marxist if she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
From which we can assume that FDR, who fought and won a war against European fascism, was not a progressive.

Right?
FDR was a fascist who was forced to fight a war against his intellectual cousins in Europe.

Take away the war effort and FDR was dictator wannabe disaster.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Sure they did! You think the fascists just vanished? No, they just changed their name!

If you studied the history, you can find actual quotes from the fascists of that time on the topic of the name of their movement.

Fascist = progressive.

You are really trying hard to rewrite history to fit your idea of it. Very "classic liberal" of you.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:30 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Quote:

Fascist = progressive.

I have studied history.

I have asked you to prove it (twice), and you've offered up nothing but your own say-so, clearly you know that you absolutely have no chance of proving it (probably because there's no actual evidence to support it).

Get back to me when you can back up your wild, far-right extremist smears with even a little bit of evidence. Until then...

Old 11-13-2013, 03:31 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Hitler made a similar mistake.
And yet FDR fought a war against him -- when according to your warped view of history, they should have been on the same side.

Which means that either (a) Roosevelt wasn't really a progressive; or (b) the "progressive = fascist" idea you people are pushing is an utter revisionist lie.

Which is it?

Old 11-13-2013, 03:33 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times
Quote:
FDR was a fascist who was forced to fight a war against his intellectual cousins in Europe.
Funny... most ultra-cons would say FDR was actually a Commie, because he fought on the same side as the USSR.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are really trying hard to rewrite history to fit your idea of it.
I am not rewriting history. You are just ignoring history. Go back and read the speeches and writings from the leading "progressives" of the '10s, 20's, & 30's. H.G. Wells comes to mind. The word fascist became tainted due to war so the movement took up the progressive label.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I have studied history.

I have asked you to prove it (twice), and you've offered up nothing but your own say-so, clearly you know that you absolutely have no chance of proving it (probably because there's no actual evidence to support it).
You have repetitively asked me to look up history in a dictionary, which of course I declined to do as I know the roots of the modern American progressive movement. It is a shame today's progressives do not know their intellectual history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies